Steve Moore launches law suit

Get the Puck out of here...

Moderator: Shoalzie

Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Steve Moore launches law suit

Post by Viper in Vancouver »

Moore has launched a lawsuit because of the injuries he suffered from the Todd Bertuzzi hit last year. The list of defendants includes, Todd Beretuzzi, Brad May, Marc Crawford, Brian Burke, and the Canucks ownership. Apparently Steve Moore doesn't feel that anyone on Colorado had anything to do with what happend that night. If May and Crawford are on the list, then so should Granato and Worrell.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=115295
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i'll say it again.

If that pussy doesnt put out worrell, May beats moore up, and its over. Instead he sends him out after May 4 times during game. Stiring up what we now know as the incident!

no excuses for bertuzzi punch, but worrell and dumbass made the situation much worse!
JD
Elwood

Post by JD »

Brian Burke is probably not a person you'd want to take to court.

I can see taking Bertuzzi, but I'd stay away from Burke.
Still a FlameFan
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

JD wrote:Brian Burke is probably not a person you'd want to take to court.

I can see taking Bertuzzi, but I'd stay away from Burke.
Yeah, he is a lawyer and he really didn't have anything to do with it. Bertuzzi made a really stupid mistake, but I think he's already paid for it
Captain Haddock
Elwood

Post by Captain Haddock »

A Canadian, suing a bunch of Canadian's, for something that happened in Canada..in a US court. It'll take years to grind through the process.

He'll get a sweet settlement. He has a legit case.

One good thing about this...I got another chance to see Big Bert sobbing like a schoolgirl. Hanky and all.

..and how has Bertuzzi already paid for it? He had the biggest joke trial of all time. His only punishment has been missing the playoffs.
Last edited by Captain Haddock on Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lily-livered bandicoots!
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

bert will lose

but the incident could fo went alot different, and granato and worrell are bigtime people who incidet the bullshit!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Worrell was trying to convince May he was only Andreas Lilja. ;)

Granato has a lot of blame in this as well, he was a gritty player, but as a coach he is sorely lacking.
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

Viper wrote:
Bertuzzi made a really stupid mistake, but I think he's already paid for it
So did Charles Manson, and why they keep making him pay over and over again for a few stupid mistakes is just plain wrong.

Seriously Vip.
If justice prevailed; BertUday would of recieved a life time ban from partaking in any and all competitive sport.
He has clearly shown that he is to mentally unstable to play with others, and what's to say the next time he explodes won't result in a death.

The league NOT protecting themselves from undiciplined phychos like Bert is just another example of their ongoing stupidity.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Captain Haddock wrote:
One good thing about this...I got another chance to see Big Bert sobbing like a schoolgirl. Hanky and all.

..and how has Bertuzzi already paid for it? He had the biggest joke trial of all time. His only punishment has been missing the playoffs.
There will be two great things about that will happen here:

1) Big Bert will sob like a schoolgirl, always great theatre
2) Big Bert is going to lose a shitload of jack in this case. If some cuntclutz can sue (and win) millions for spilling her own coffee on her own lap then suing because the 'missing link' tries to remove your spinal chord in front of 18,000 people has to be a slam dunk.

The best part is the next time Big Bert suits up in the NHL there will be a Hard cap and he won't be able to get back the money he loses in this case. :lol:
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Hapday wrote:
Captain Haddock wrote:

There will be two great things about that will happen here:

1) Big Bert will sob like a schoolgirl, always great theatre
2) Big Bert is going to lose a shitload of jack in this case. If some cuntclutz can sue (and win) millions for spilling her own coffee on her own lap then suing because the 'missing link' tries to remove your spinal chord in front of 18,000 people has to be a slam dunk.

The best part is the next time Big Bert suits up in the NHL there will be a Hard cap and he won't be able to get back the money he loses in this case. :lol:
As I understand it, Bertuzzi is bared from playing hockey in North America indefinitely. Also, I believe he is also banned by European clubs from playing there. I would read that indefinite ban as really being a one year ban. Which would mean that he should be banned for one year after the lockout ends.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MotoGoalie
Elwood

Post by MotoGoalie »

Bertuzzi= piece of crap.
I hope he never gets to play again and has his wallet plunger raped by a horde of lawyers.
mvscal wrote: Of course. The 'I was just trolling' card. The monotonously predictable last gasp of a plungered gimp as he swirls down the drain.
Sorry Spanky, you're on my hook.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If Moore isn't able to continue playing, I say more power to him to sue. I still thought the hit on Naslund was marginal and atleast he's able to still play at a top form. Bertuzzi doesn't need to be made an example out of but that type of thing just can't happen again.
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Comparing Bertuzzi to Charles Manson is a bit much. The guy made a huge mistake, but that doesn't mean he's a bad guy. He does a lot for the community here in Vancouver.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Captain Haddock wrote:A Canadian, suing a bunch of Canadian's, for something that happened in Canada..in a US court. It'll take years to grind through the process.

He'll get a sweet settlement. He has a legit case.

RACK!!
tough love
Agondonter

Post by tough love »

In Canada, accident victims left paraplegic seeking settlement can expect somewhere near 400K.
No surprise the lawsuit is in the States.

His Lawyer says that there is a one year statute of limitation in place which Moore had to act upon now. Says Moores suit had to filed before the year is up to protect his restitution if he were to end up unable to play later.

If the NHL survives, and Moore gets a huge settlement, that just may be what it will take for the league to get off it's fat ass and put in place an effective deterrent that will put a stop to the brutality that has no legit place in the game.
Bert being banned for life would of sent a very good message in that regard. Hopefully Moores legal action will accomplish what the chicken shit league is too afraid to do.
Am I wrong...God, I hope so.