Overrated/Underrated teams

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

JayDuck wrote: But, I also think Cal is probably another one of the most overrated teams heading into this year.

Really???

#1 defensive line in the country...

#2 db in the country...

We may have the best linebackers in the country... and I won't even get into having "the only team" in the country having "two" 1,000 yard rushers in the backfield.
JayDuck wrote:Just another team with no good reason to be considered Top-10 right now. They were lucky to be as mediocre as they were last year. They easily could have dropped a couple more games and not even reached a bowl game.
We went to OT with you... with our backup qb at "your" home.

We lost on a bad pass by Ayoob that went 10 feet over a wide open tight end... in the endzone!
JayDuck wrote:There is no reason to believe that their QB play is going to be vastly improved this year.
You mean... the fact that we have "four" elite 11 qb's on the team which are getting groomed???

...and the starter is back(Longshore)???

Thanks for playing, JayDork.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Typical mTool response if one of our shitty QB's would have completed 15 more passes and the whole Oregon team was sidelined with staph infections we had a shot...

But wait the final stats say Kal outgained, had more first downs, blah, blah, blah...that means we really won the game...

2 1,000 yard rushers probably cuz you had no QB's who could hit WIDE OPEN receivers...ya think? Doesn't this shit get old for you?

Go back to hammering out metal for your next great windchime event...I can't wait until 2012/2013 when tOSU hammers your asses...

I said it last year that you make Jon look like he knows what he is talking about...but I think I need to reverse that...nope you both are fucking idiots...
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:
2 1,000 yard rushers probably cuz you had no QB's who could hit WIDE OPEN receivers...ya think? Doesn't this shit get old for you?
If you had a brain... you'd know it's harder to run with 9 in the box... but you went to tOSU.

...and Cal still had "two" 1,000 yard rusher's.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

ok I'll play along...

9 in the box ok...so if Kal was running say 1 back with 3 wide at least 1 WR would be WIDE ASS OPEN by your logic...so if the defense is just sitting back playing run wouldn't logic dictate that even a 98 year old granny with a rubber arm could lob a pass over 9 guys at the LOS waiting for your RB to a WIDE ASS OPEN WR?

Again think about dolt...5 OL, QB that = SIX, 1 RB that = 7, maybe a TE that = 8 plus 3 WR that = 11...if the D is stuffing 9 in the box who covers everyone? Are the KAL QB's that bad? But then again outside of say Oregon and SC most pac 10 defenses were pretty shitty so by that measure I am sure 2 - 1,000 yard rushers would not have been that hard to get...plus if I remember CORRECTLY one of your first games of the year was against a I-AA opponent...so I am not so sure how HARD it was to have 2 1,000 yard rushers with such a soft sked...

but yeah you got me mTOOL...you got me...2 1,000 yard rushers and you still couldn't beat SC, still couldn't sniff the top of the PAC 10 and still had a shitty team...what excuse is next...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Who was your other running back to have 1,000 yards? I see Marshawn Lynch with 1246 and Justin Forsett with 999. You may think you can role your 17 sided die to get +1 rushing, but in the real world, 999 isn't 1,000.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Killian wrote: You may think you can role your 17 sided die to get +1 rushing.
:lol:
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:
Are the CAL QB's that bad?
Last year?

Yes.
buckeye_in_sc wrote: But then again outside of say Oregon and SC most pac 10 defenses were pretty shitty
Cal had the best defense in the Pac 10.

You may want to stick to the Big 10.
buckeye_in_sc wrote: but yeah you got me mTOOL...you got me...2 1,000 yard rushers and you still couldn't beat SC
6 interceptions in a game will do that to you.

Like I said... our starting qb is back from injury this year, and our first game is at Neyland.

The Tennessee game should tell us a lot, since Tennessee hasn't lost a home opener in 20 years.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Killian wrote: but in the real world, 999 isn't 1,000.
To be honest... it was 998.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Oh, well ESPN and the Cal website listed him at 999, so that's what I went with.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Killian wrote:Oh, well ESPN and the Cal website listed him at 999, so that's what I went with.
It's called Image :wink:
Killian

Post by Killian »

I'm sure it is.
minorthreat
Elwood

Re: Overrated/Underrated teams

Post by minorthreat »

TheJON wrote:Overrated.....
Oklahoma, Ohio State, West Virginia

Underrated.....
Iowa, Nebraska
-----------------------
And then a couple weeks later they head to Iowa City to face one of the most talented offenses in the nation. That also = ambush.

You have to be kidding. Sure Iowa has a good running back but they have no proven wide receivers outside of their TE. Drew "I'll throw a bitch-fit" Tate isn't as good as the Iowa nutswingers think. ISU will pass all over them like usual.

Oklahoma wins the Big 12. Ohio St. wins the Big11
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

minorthreat wrote:

Underrated.....
Iowa, Nebraska
-----------------------
And then a couple weeks later they head to Iowa City to face one of the most talented offenses in the nation. That also = ambush.

You have to be kidding. Sure Iowa has a good running back but they have no proven wide receivers outside of their TE. Drew "I'll throw a bitch-fit" Tate isn't as good as the Iowa nutswingers think. ISU will pass all over them like usual.

rack the return of minorthreat

another big12 voice in here is always wanted.

hopefully Mizzou can beat ISU to rip their hearts out yet again.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Wow the anit-Jon

welcome
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
minorthreat
Elwood

Post by minorthreat »

Adelpiero wrote:
minorthreat wrote:

Underrated.....
Iowa, Nebraska
-----------------------

rack the return of minorthreat

another big12 voice in here is always wanted.

hopefully Mizzou can beat ISU to rip their hearts out yet again.
I will fucking die if something like that happens for a third year.

Good to be back!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

ISU will have a KILLER offense if they can keep Hicks healthy. Blythe will be a year removed from his ACL-tear and Flyn will be in his second year at wr, best receiving corps in the conference after Tech. Meyer came on strong towards the end of last season.

The D will likely struggle with so many guys gone, ISU lacks the depth to replace that many that quickly.

Iowa take will be a tough to go back-to-back against, but I see ISU pulling an upset against either Iowa or Neb.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
minorthreat
Elwood

Post by minorthreat »

Danimal wrote:ISU will have a KILLER offense if they can keep Hicks healthy. Blythe will be a year removed from his ACL-tear and Flyn will be in his second year at wr, best receiving corps in the conference after Tech. Meyer came on strong towards the end of last season.

The D will likely struggle with so many guys gone, ISU lacks the depth to replace that many that quickly.

Iowa take will be a tough to go back-to-back against, but I see ISU pulling an upset against either Iowa or Neb.
I agree 100%. We still need to get a younger back some reps.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

Since the Iowa vs Iowa St. game is in Iowa City I would give the edge to the Hawkeyes. Iowa St. offense will be hard to stop with almost the entire offense back but Iowa does have a good chunk of their defense back this year. The question will be does ISU have enough defense to get it done?

As for the Nebraska vs Iowa St. game. Nebraska looks to have a good defesnse on paper with a front seven that will probably be the best in the Big XII behind OU. The NU defense vs. the ISU offense will be fun to watch. Will Iowa St. have enough on defense to stop the Huskers? This could be one of the more interesting games in the Big XII North.