Eastern Conference Finals

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Excremento would not beat Cleveland with Lebron.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

T REX, in the boat wrote:Excremento would not beat Cleveland with Lebron.
Yeah, and nobody could ever beat LA with Shaq and Kobe, ever.

Good to know you've not gone hook, line and sinker into the NBA's marketing formula of designated superstars, or anything.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

RadioFan wrote:
T REX, in the boat wrote:Excremento would not beat Cleveland with Lebron.
Yeah, and nobody could ever beat LA with Shaq and Kobe, ever.

Good to know you've not gone hook, line and sinker into the NBA's marketing formula of designated superstars, or anything.
Huh? I was RESPONDING to the post. Cleveland took the NBA's best team seven games. Oh, don't give me some bullshit about Eastern Conference. I guess this will be decided now. We'll see. Yeah, I am really eating up that Shaq/Wade marketing. Someone shoul dtell everyone they aren't really good, its just good marketing.

Besides his rookie year, Shaq has never won less than 50+ in a season. Yep, great marketing there.

Yeah, there's room in the boat for ya. Pick up a paddle dude.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dallas will play Miami the same way they played SA, use two centers against Shaq, who may have a few big games, like Duncan did ... resulting in losses for the Heat.
Ahh, thanks for clearing all that up for us, Naismith.

They should probably go ahead and play the games anyway. People already bought tickets.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I dont know guys, I mean Radio was so prolific w/ his early Round picks that we better not take his wisdom for granted in the Finals.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Just to refresh our memory, didn't someone predict that O'Neil wasn't going to be a factor in this series?

Morons.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Does Shaq have to score 50 to "be a factor"? Face it, you'll say he's not a factor regardless of what happens. It's easy to spin anything in a way that suits your argument. I'll give you that he certainly was not much of a factor in game 2, but...

He had a double-double with 5 assists, 2 blocks and a steal in their win last night. All-around, he was very solid.

Wayde took the game over, but to say Shaq wasn't a factor is assinine.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

That was an awesome game.

Where I was, we were already tossing dirt in Miami's grave. That game was pretty much a blowout in the 4th quarter.

Right up until the time that a certain young up-and-coming star decided that a blowout was unacceptable.

Since I'm a fan of neither team, and am only looking for a good series, that was AWESOME. Wade's performance last night rivaled that of the all-time greats, and was quite Jordan-esque in magnitude.

If Dalls does win this series, I hope that Eric Dampier gets his due credit. What a great series this guy has had. I didn't think dude had any shot of slowing Shaq down, or affecting his play in any significant way. I was wrong.

Dampier has been a FORCE inside...against the greatest "inside force" ever to take the hardwood.

Impressive.

I'm not sure if it's just us fans of the (old) Pacific Division (the new divisional alignment blows ass-btw) who were very aware of the potential threat that E Dampier posed. I think the Pacific fans were all pretty much in agreement that Dampman was a very good player...for those 6 games a year he's managed to be healthy enough to take the floor in past years. How long did he play for Golden State...like 28 years, or something...and played 23 games in that timespan?

But I never thought in a zillion years that Dampier would help lead his team to a championship. What's freaking next....is Larry Funderburke going to suddenly decide he's up for it, and lead Denver, or some other perrenially shitty team to the Promised Land?

Will wonders never cease?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:That was an awesome game.

Where I was, we were already tossing dirt in Miami's grave. That game was pretty much a blowout in the 4th quarter.

Right up until the time that a certain young up-and-coming star decided that a blowout was unacceptable.
Where I was...was being distracted from watching that game by morons, arguing about beer, with me being the moron in chief. :x

Fuck me.

Can't say I'm surprised by Wades performance. Mizzoufan saw that coming many moons ago when dude single handedly punked us out the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tourney.

I wish I would have saw it, though.

Fuck me twice.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

RadioFan wrote:
Cicero wrote:The East has caught up.
Right. Washington and Cleveland would only lose to Sacramento 4-2 instead of being swept.
The Kings went 1-3 against Cleveland and Washington this year.

Brilliant take, though. Really. :lol:
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Degenerate wrote:The Kings went 1-3 against Cleveland and Washington this year.
Before or after they got Artest?

The Kings were playing much better toward the end of the year. They were not a typical eight seed.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Quite possible the best game the Heat have played all post-season. I'm not buying into the notion that Miami played excellent defense as much as I think Dallas just missed open shots. One sequence in the 2nd Quarter, Dallas must have gotten 4-5 offensive rebounds on one possession and still couldnt make a basket. They missed a lot of open looks.

Posey stepped up huge for Miami w/ 15 and 10 and Shannon Anderson was another nice surprise off the bench. D Wade was of course, D Wade.

I think Game 5 is going to go down to the wire as Avery is going to have his guys ready to play.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Diogenes wrote:And no, the Pistons weren't the best team in the league. Their regular season record was inflated due to playing in the pathetic east.

Suck on that bitch!
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Epic.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I wish you were posts were. So tired of you talking out of your ass.