stupid Photoshop question

Tech questions and answers, video game stuff.

Moderator: ElTaco

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

stupid Photoshop question

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

All of a sudden, I can't type multiple lines of text with the Text tool. Whenever I hit "enter" to go to the next line, it just writes right over the top of what I just wrote. It never used to do this. This has only been happening since I DLed a bunch of new fonts. But even the standard-issue fonts are doing it now. Anybody ever had this happen? Any way to fix it?
"Keys, woman!"
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Have you tried adding a new layer and repositioning your text below the previous line?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
ElTaco
Networking Securely

Post by ElTaco »

Photoshop should automatically create a text layer for you if you are working with a photoshop file or a jpg file so I'm fairly certain it will do the same with any file. Even though Photoshop uses layers for text and not boxes, if you click in the same place, it can figure out that you want to use/edit the same text layer again, but if you click in a different part of the image, it creates a new text layer. So what I'm wondering is that maybe you have some setting enabled that limits your text to one line so when you hit enter, it moves the current text up a line so it can display the text you are going to type. This is actually a common problem in text boxes, but usually Photoshop doesn't use text boxes and I'm not sure how you would even go about fixing such an issue in photoshop. You might try and see what ctrl-enter does. Normally it should finish editing the text layer but maybe in your case it will create a new line.
mouse
Elwood

Post by mouse »

You need to re install, I had photo shop acting up and it worked for me.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

switch to Fireworks!
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
mouse
Elwood

Post by mouse »

Did you get more bang for your buck?