Flip Schottenheimer?

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Flip Schottenheimer?

Post by The Assassin »

Good regular season coach lackluster in the playoffs.

at least thats what my friend the "long time Heat fan" :meds: :meds: :meds: says.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

The Piston players cant have it both ways. When they were going to the Finals w/ Brown, they thought they didnt get enough credit as players. Now that they are stumbling toward the finish line, they say its Flip's fault.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

He's the only wildcard that makes this year different from last year. All other pieces of the puzzle are still in place.

However, it is a serious stretch to label him like that, tho. Only a dumbass would throw that label around after only one season.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

The Pistons have become lazy... and the Heat have become a better team.

Like I mentioned in another thread here... D. Wade is a year older and knows when to pick his times. I'd also like to mention that the Heat are one hungry team.

If D. Wade were on the Lakers... do you think he would've quit in the second half of a game 7 ?

D. Wade is a team player... and Kobe is a quitter.

Kobe is a poor man's David Thompson, and George Gervin.

Look for Miami to close it out in game 5.

I'd like to hear what Radio has to think, after some earlier comments. I don't think he "thought" the Pistons would pull a Kobe and blame everyone except themselves.

It's not over... but it's damn close.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

m2 wrote:I'd like to hear what Radio has to think, after some earlier comments. I don't think he "thought" the Pistons would pull a Kobe and blame everyone except themselves.
No, I definitely didn't see this collapse coming. Detroit has two problems that were hinted during the Cleveland series and have now become glaring:

1. Problems in the locker room. Looks like Greg Anthony was right after all ... there is something going on in that locker room and 10-1 says the initials R.W. are directly involved. I just never saw it coming with this team, given how they completely dominated in the regular season and how all the pieces are the same from last year. As FLW Buckeye mentioned, Saunders is the only significant difference this year -- at least on the surface -- which leads me to ...

2. A LACK OF DEFENSIVE INTENSITY. This is sqarely on the coach's shoulders. All year long, they worked on their offense, thinking their defense was just going to be there ... and now in the playoffs, they can't make a stop when they need to. Cliche or not, defense wins championships, especially in the NBA. They let Miami shoot 54 percent in game 3 and 55 percent in game 4 of this series. No way they're going to win this series (or almost any NBA series, for that matter) while allowing those kinds of offensive numbers. Saunders just is not a defensive-minded coach and it's becoming clear he can't make the necessary adjustments defensively in this series.

That, combined with the likely problems in the locker room, could very well be Detroit's demise and one of the greatest collapses for a favorite going into the playoffs in the NBA in a very long time.

I'll be surprised at this point if Detroit is able to win game 5, unless they manage to come out and blow Miami out of the building in the first half somehow. If not ... they could be done.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

If there is a problem in the locker room, it wouldn't surprise me if the initials were B.W. Ben is the unquestioned leader of this team and if there is shit going on in there, he is either at the front of it, or he's not stopping it. I don't think he's happy in Detroit and I wouldn't be shocked to see him bolt for a team like Chicago.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I bet the Lakers would love to have him.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

FLW Buckeye wrote:Only a dumbass would throw that label around after only one season.

Funny stuff. Maybe Google can help you figure out why.

Bill Walton was awesome on the local sports radio show yesterday. He said something to the effect of "I've played a lot of basketball in my life, and not once in all of those years did I ever lose a game because of the coach or the officials -- we lost those games because I went out there and stunk it up. Detroit is now pointing fingers, looking for a scapegoat, and blaming the coach....doing all of the things that losers do. The players need to look no further than the mirror. Their swagger is gone, and they now play no offense."

$$$$$
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RadioFan wrote:[Looks like Greg Anthony was right after all ... there is something going on in that locker room and 10-1 says the initials R.W. are directly involved. I just never saw it coming with this team

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sin,
Every Freaking Blazer Fan On Planet Earth

Rasheed is in his true postseason form.

While Blazerfan may not have much to cheer for these days (even the ping pong balls made us their bitch, for chrissakes), they at least have this. Watching a truly piece of shit human being do what he do...act like a piece of shit.

Did I mention that Rasheed is a walking, talking piece of shit?

In case I haven't made myself clear...Sheed is a piece of shit.

So, this is Blazerfans' moment of glory...after getting punled by anybody who we could have possibly been punked by...ownership, star players, ping pong balls, lack of Chris Paul (traded that pick...although I still think Martell Webster has more potential...but there's a difference between "potential" and "now")...we've been bitchslapped. And now, our once-proud fanbase has been reduced to this...cheering for the complete personal collapse of a piece of shit human.

And it's not without a little shame that I admit...it's been pretty damn fun to watch. Since it's now at somebody else's expense. Detroit fan doesn't even realize how hard we've laughed at them...sure, it's not much of a consolation to that whole 1990 thing...but it's good, nonetheless.

Pistonsfans -- really....we weren't lying or fucking with you when we (every last one of us) called our shot. You guys just didn't listen. Save your breath...we used to make excuses for him, too. We used to understate the problem. We've been there, done that...and soon, you'll be in the same boat.

You think it's bad now? Maybe THIS time, you'll listen -- it's only going to get worse. You think he's becoming a problem now? Try putting up with 7 years of that bullshit, and see how you feel.

Blazerfan and Piston found have remarkably found some common groud -- Rasheed has now (or will soon) have cost us both a banner in the rafters.

His reactions to the ref's calls are a microcosm of his overall mental state -- when to going gets tough, the guy curls up into the fetal position and cries for his mommy. Everything bad that's ever happened to the guy is somebody else's fault. The next time that lifelong-coddled prick is accountable for his actions will be the first. Remember, you're dealing with a guy who tossed his buddy under the bus when the cops found his weed, and started pointing fingers at his friends...if that don't have "character" written all over it, I don't know what does.

And that's what you're dealing with, Detroit. Good luck with that. With all due respect to Joey D....he done fucked up on that one. Signing Rasheed is kind of like dating a nasty, mean bitch who is really hot. Looks good while draining those threes (or your nads), but as soon as you actually have to deal with the personality, it becomes clear that it's just not worth it, and is going to cost more than it will ever be worth.

Good luck with that...you'll need it.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Difference...Sheed led the Pistons to a title. You remember what the trophy looks like don't you blazerfan, bout the same as it did in the 70's.

Save your bwahahahaha's for that team your city runs out each night.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:Sheed led the Pistons to a title.
Oh reeeeally?

That must have been why they handed him that MVP trophy afterwards, right?

Dude, when your prior statements blow up on you and make you look silly....don't just start flat-out fucking LYING to try and right the ship...just take your lumps and move on.

A person of character does one thing, a complete fucking bitch does the other...you figure out which is which.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

The lack of pro ball in your area is starting to show (The blazers clearly do not count).

You do not win titles with only guard play, which is what the Pistons had before they got Rasheed. Once they got him they turned the corner. Like him or not, his teamates love what he brings to the game (not a pre-rolled). He brings emotion and toughness. He was the element that put them over the top, ending in a title while embarrassing the Lakers.

I won't sit back and listen to a Blazerfan try to diss a franchise that has played in 4 consecutive conference finals, 2 NBA finals, and won a title. These four years alone trump what that pathetic team in Portland has done in its history.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Rasheed was a key part to that team, and the reason they got over the top.

Just because he didn't win series MVP doesn't mean he didn't help lead them to a title.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:He brings toughness.

OK...you guys got me.

Consider me fooled.

I concede.

Who is it...really?

Radiofan?

MGO?

You can come out now...who is running this troll?

Whoever it is...RACK you...you got me. I almost took you seriously for a while. You could have kept this sucker going, too, had you not gone just a little too far over the top there.

Great trolljob, though.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Life is great with looking through Rose Garden colored glasses huh?

Ask that big fucking Croatian dude on the Cavs how tough Rasheed is. They got in a chippy game during the regular season and whatever his fucking name is ended up with a dozen or so stiches on his dome. He can be tough when he wants to.

Again, I wouldn't expect a fan of the worst team in the league to understand how teams are comprised.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!