Kenny Boy: Guilty!!!!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Kenny Boy: Guilty!!!!

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Lay, Skilling Convicted

Thought I'd get glass dicked on this one, given that the verdict was announced almost an hour ago. You people are slipping.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

shows how important that all
is in our everyday lives !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Like it was even gonna be close...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Wolfman wrote:shows how important that all
If you had owned stock in and/or worked for Enron, I'm pretty sure you'd consider it important. Just sayin'.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

See you soon, prags.

King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Skilling's lawyer, Dan Petrocelli, said the verdict "doesn't change our view of what happened at Enron ... or Jeffrey Skilling's innocence."
yeah well try and sell that at Shawshank........

everybody in prison is innocent......
get out, get out while there's still time
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

That's one small step for our republic, one life sentence for the BEST FRIEND of the Bush family.

Wolfman, WAKE THE FUCK UP. If you don't appreciate the importance of this, you are truly walking around in a coal mine. Celebrate now--even if you are clueless.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Tell that to everyone who got fucked by Enron....like the "little old ladies" they gouged.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And a bullet for Bush's dome if he pardons him....his #1 contributor.

Yup, Bush ran on stolen money...nice work, tards.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Wolfman wrote: but what does this
have anything to do-
with Natalee Holloway
or the war
on Christmas??
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Kinda like presidential hummers in the white house, eh? Yet, you and your radiotalk supernauts have yet to let that one go...

And if you think that getting a presidential hummer is "worse" than what skilling and lay did at ENRON, you're a genuine idiot.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote: one life sentence for the BEST FRIEND of the Bush family.
You mean best friend of the Clinton family.
Still trying to pull that old ruse, huh? Look up Kenny Boy's political contributions sometime. That will tell you where his political loyalties lie.

Not saying that Clinton never did anything for him, but that meshes perfectly with Clinton's most frustrating trait: a maddening and perplexing insistence on BOHICAing what should have been his natural constituency in order to get a pat on the head and an "Attaboy!" from those who wouldn't cast a vote for him if their very lives depended on it.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:
mvscal wrote: You mean best friend of the Clinton family.
Still trying to pull that old ruse, huh? Look up Kenny Boy's political contributions sometime. That will tell you where his political loyalties lie.
Power was Lay's only loyalty. I don't give a fuck about contributions. I only look at what that money bought for him.

What, exactly, did the Bush administration do for Enron...besides but them behind bars?
The Bush Administration put Enron behind bars? :meds:

Enron put itself behind bars by its foolish decision to file Bankruptcy and thereby give up its financial privacy. Had they not done that, none of this ever would have seen the light of day, and Kenny Boy would still be a free man today.

Btw, you do know who gave him that nickname, don't you?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:Yes, the Bush administration is the one who put them behind bars.
Enron incriminated itself (not until after Clinton left office, btw). Once the cat was out of the bag, the Bush Administration had no choice. I suspect that Kenny Boy will get either a slap on the wrist by way of sentence, or a pardon from W on the way out the door.
I can't help but notice that you failed to answer the question. What favors did the Bush administration do for Enron. I really couldn't care less if they played golf. That means nothing.
Kenny Boy was the only energy exec who met personally with Cheney regarding Cheney's energy commission. Don't pretend you didn't know that.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:What favors did the Bush administration do for Enron.
You mean other than allowing them to assrape California citizens with their Ponzi schemes?

You fucking crack me up. Ken Lay, with Dubya and the GOP's approval, soaked you PERSONALY for thousands of dollars in unnecessary electricity costs and you're in here DEFENDING THEM?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

BSmack wrote:
mvscal wrote:What favors did the Bush administration do for Enron.
You mean other than allowing them to assrape California citizens with their Ponzi schemes?

You fucking crack me up. Ken Lay, with Dubya and the GOP's approval, soaked you PERSONALY for thousands of dollars in unnecessary electricity costs and you're in here DEFENDING THEM?
The vast majority of Republican voters are voting against their own self-interests and don't even realize it. Nothing new in that regard.
XXXL
Rainmaker

Post by XXXL »

I must lend credibility to the legal teams behind the recent prosecutions on the white collar corporate set. I sort of expected one or two hold outs on the jury, for this case and others, but somehow they pulled through with convictions.

That is quite the effort set forth on the trial. Then again, the Govt has the resources. Still, from a lawyer's point of view, they accomplished what they needed to do and I'm impressed.......
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Agreed. The government laywers stared down the well-heeled cadre of defense lawyers and dressed them down.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:Yes, the Bush administration is the one who put them behind bars.

I can't help but notice that you failed to answer the question. What favors did the Bush administration do for Enron. I really couldn't care less if they played golf. That means nothing.

The Bush/Cheney cabal, (AKA "Chenron") was joined at the hip with Enron. It was the concerted effort of Lay in his defacto role as Energy Advisor to attack Bush's most viable opponent--Gray Davis--with the malicious looting of California. The meetings which took place between Lay and Cheney have been the center of a legal fight which has itself precipitated the entire subsequent Emergancy Powers style of the Chimp since 9/11. Cheney would as soon reveal the minutes of these meetings as be hung by the neck--which is exactly what he deserves in his Nuremberg-like trial forthcoming, step by step.

Thomas White, a top executive of Enron, was duly inserted into the Chenron works as Secy of the Army, preparing huge "deregulated" contracts for Enron before the walls came down and he had to go.

The downside to Lay and Skilling getting caged for life is that the full enormity of Enron's essential criminality--leading straight back to the Reagan crew and the "magic of the market" deregulation--will now be left to fade, as though it was just a couple of greedy crooks (....and the nation's largest and most venerable accounting firm....and several of the largest, most reputable banks....and investment firms...hmmm)