The MJ/Kobe comparisons can please stop.

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

The MJ/Kobe comparisons can please stop.

Post by Cicero »

I was rooting for the Lakers. I wanted an all LA semis, but MJ wouldnt have choked away the series. I know Kobe didnt have much help the past 3 games, but other than Pippen, Jordan wasnt playing w/ future HoFers.

When Jordan was 28, he was winning titles, not losing in the 1st Round. I think Kobe is a great talent, but he just doesnt have it. He will go down as one of the best 2 gurads of all-time, but he wont post the career numbers Jordan did. We will see if Lebron can mimic Jordan, but I dont see it happening. Jordan was just too good all around. Lebron can score w/ Jordan but until he mans up and plays some defense, gets 9 1st Team all Defensive awards, the comparisons need to stop.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Smush Parker is no BJ Armstrong.

Kwame Brown is sure as hell no Horace Grant.

Chris Mihm wishes he was Bill Cartwright.

Lamar Odom aint no Pippen.

Kobe isn't Jordan but lets be fair noone is.

For what the Lakers had I think they had a pretty good season.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Actually, Odom could be Scottie Pippen.

If he was on the Suns.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Jordan was on the court with plenty of hall of famers, they just all wore grey shirts and black pants.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

^^^^

Pleeease. Sure he got his share of calls but so didnt all the greats. Jordan wasnt the best player of all-time simply b/c the refs came him some calls.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Diogenes wrote:Actually, Odom could be Scottie Pippen.

If he was on the Suns.

And grew testicles.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

In a few years the debate will be Lebron vs. MJ. James is developing that killer instinct. It will depend on where he winds up, if not in Cleveland, and his supporting cast. But at 20 years old this dude can ball.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

True, he has over half a decade to win a title to be on par with Jordan. I am quite certain that he will win an MVP award within the next 3 years.

I don't like James being compared to Jordan, they are not the same type of players, Jordan was a ball hog extraordanaire.

From everything that I have seen or know, James is all class. I saw some of his kid-like youthfulness when he piled on after they closed out the series against the Bullets errrr Wizards the other night, but at least he was genuine with his feelings.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

MJ made Pippen. He didn't do much in Portland. Shaq made Kobe. End of story.

The guy can score with anyone but that doesn't cut it.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

No shit? Please.
If you guys didn't get a clue of what Kobe brings and has yet to bring, I don't know what will. You guys are so anxious to see Kobe and The Lakers fail, you can not recognize the talent that he is. How in the hell can you say they can stop when you just saw how pathetic his team was and how he still managed to get them to the playoffs, in a game 7 against the 2 seed? Yea, anyone can do that shit. MJ would have had them in the Finals. :meds:

You guys are fucking blind.
The comparisons are FAR from over because he has been bringing more to the table being the missing piece that freaking Shaq needed (as well) to bring in some rings. He was helping and leading his team to rings 6 years ago fool and The Lakers wouldn't have got the first one and maybe a second without him.
Last edited by Dumbass on Sun May 07, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Striving to be a victim of Polly's plagiarizing ways.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

T REX wrote:MJ made Pippen. He didn't do much in Portland. Shaq made Kobe. End of story.

The guy can score with anyone but that doesn't cut it.
:lol:

God you are so fucking stupid? Why do you even talk REX? Everyone constantly rips your ignorant opinion no matter which forum and you still find the nerve to speak.

:lol:

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about when talking Lakers and it is obvious. If you had watched say 90% of the games since the 80s, you might have a slight clue but you haven't so please quit acting like you have. You dumbasses out there that think it was all Shaq OBVIOUSLY have not watched much but Sports Center.

NOBODY won titles by themself. You can pull your head out anytime now and realize that. Kobe is working with less than MJ EVER did and was fucking phenomenal, especially coming from a guy that has won 3 straight, that has to deal with rebuilding this mother fucker with little help. Kobe is fucking incredible and just put another phenomenal year under his belt, further adding to his legacy that may end with the title "Greatest of ALL Time" by many. Shit, unfair to compare to MJ, shit like that mofo was even the greatest of all times. :lol:

Take the original any day of the week.
Last edited by Dumbass on Sun May 07, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Why don't you comment on my thread?

I specifically called you out.

Why did the league's premier scorer(eighth highest scoring season all-time and leading scorer in the playoffs) completely disappear and attempt only three shots while looking like a bystander instead of a catalyst?????

Riddle me that one.

Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

T REX wrote:Why don't you comment on my thread?

Why did the league's premier scorer(eighth highest scoring season all-time and leading scorer in the playoffs) completely disappear and attempt only three shots while looking like a bystander instead of a catalyst?????

Riddle me that one.
BECUASE SO MANY DUMBFUCKS LIKE YOURSELF WILL THEN SAY, "OH KOBE TOOK 40 SHOTS SCORED 50 AND THEY LOSE." THE SELFISH KOBE CAME OUT IN THE 2ND HALF AND MISSED 50% OF HIS SHOTS AND IT'S ALLLL HIS FAULT.

What do you think jackass? If you had a clue, you'd know EXACTLY what he was doing. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't because you idiots want to rip him down so bad because he's so God damned great.

HE SAID HERE FUCKWADS, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH, NOW WRITE YOUR BRILLIANT TAKES ON HOW SELFISH I WAS, ETC. ETC. ETC.

Dude was going off and tried to get his team mates involved the whole fucking game and they were never there. What a shock but all you retards thought you knew what you were talking about when you called him selfish. He couldn't pull 25 out of his ass by himself anyway dumbass, so unless they get it going what fuck good does it do to start going off? He can't get the whole 25+ back himself.

Fuck you are stupid.

Shut up, fool. You don't know shit and fuck your thread. Why should I waste any more time responding to a twat like you who just doesn't get it? So anxious to talk shit yet too stupid to realize he's got NOTHING to stand on. NOTH - ING Fuck-o!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Riddle me that one.
Even you must be able to see the supporting cast Kobe has. Imagine that cast making the playoffs without Kobe. Unimaginable. Wouldn't come close. They need a speedy point guard and a big power forward.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

They need Ben Wallace. He will be a FA.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Dumbass wrote:

Riddle me that one.
BECUASE SO MANY DUMBFUCKS LIKE YOURSELF WILL THEN SAY, "OH KOBE TOOK 40 SHOTS SCORED 50 AND THEY LOSE." THE SELFISH KOBE CAME OUT IN THE 2ND HALF AND MISSED 50% OF HIS SHOTS AND IT'S ALLLL HIS FAULT.

What do you think jackass? If you had a clue, you'd know EXACTLY what he was doing. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't because you idiots want to rip him down so bad because he's so God damned great.

HE SAID HERE FUCKWADS, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH, NOW WRITE YOUR BRILLIANT TAKES ON HOW SELFISH I WAS, ETC. ETC. ETC.

Dude was going off and tried to get his team mates involved the whole fucking game and they were never there. What a shock but all you retards thought you knew what you were talking about when you called him selfish. He couldn't pull 25 out of his ass by himself anyway dumbass, so unless they get it going what fuck good does it do to start going off? He can't get the whole 25+ back himself.

Fuck you are stupid.

Shut up, fool. You don't know shit and fuck your thread. Why should I waste any more time responding to a twat like you who just doesn't get it? So anxious to talk shit yet too stupid to realize he's got NOTHING to stand on. NOTH - ING Fuck-o!
Easy cop out....to say "kobe hater" instead of questioning why he came up lame.....even your own LA beat writers were shocked. Face it, dude took a dive to prove that his teammates suck.

Sad.

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Cicero wrote:They need Ben Wallace. He will be a FA.

He isnt happy with Flip. I'd take Big Ben in a millisecond on my team.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

The Assassin wrote:
Cicero wrote:They need Ben Wallace. He will be a FA.

He isnt happy with Flip. I'd take Big Ben in a millisecond on my team.
Same here.

And on my team he'd have a chance to keep winning.

ImageImage
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

T REX wrote:
Dumbass wrote:

Riddle me that one.

Fuck you are stupid.

Easy cop out....to say "kobe hater" instead of questioning why he came up lame.....even your own LA beat writers were shocked. Face it, dude took a dive to prove that his teammates suck.

Sad.
Yea, what a shock LA beat writers talking shit. Taking their opportunity to tear him down. Yea, my boy just calls me and tells me about all the shit people are saying about him. We're both like, we know God damn well why he did it and the haters out there are going to talk their shit. We're laughing at all you dumbfucks (just like Kobe is) because you don't know dick. To take anything away from him this year and this series is downright ASSANINE. How you could be so fucking stupidly blind is beyong anyone with a clue.

"Cop out" puhleaze. You're copping out dumbass. Why don't you address the point instead of running to the support of the same idiots I am criticizing? The writers are talking shit? Tell me something I do not know fuckwad. Um, I am not questioning why anyways, tard? I am not questioning dick. Why don't you answer how he brings them back alone? The guy that fails completely in comparison to MJ? :meds: Why don't you answer that genius?

Kobe did the right fucking thing, staying within the game plan (which you were waiting for him to come out of so you could rip him) and you idiots are still coming down on him. Flip flopping losers of the GP and media. He sucks right? No chance of being the greatest of all time but he was supposed to bring them back from the dead? You guys are complete morons.

My friend needed a good laugh so I shared the link so he could see how stupid the ignorant critics are that post here. :lol:

REX you really should get some help. :lol:
Last edited by Dumbass on Tue May 09, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

Diogenes wrote:And on my team he'd have a chance to keep winning.
What, regular season titles or something?

WTF does he "keep winning" on your team? :meds:

Don't you have to win first to have the ability to keep doing it?
RECTUM JUICE
Fuckin' Noob

Post by RECTUM JUICE »

Dumbass wrote:

Riddle me that one.

Fuck you are stupid.

LOL IRL !!
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Dumbass wrote:
Yea, what a shock LA beat writers talking shit. Taking their opportunity to tear him down. Yea, my boy just calls me and tells me about all the shit people are saying about him. We're both like, we know God damn well why he did it and the haters out there are going to talk their shit. We're laughing at all you dumbfucks (just like Kobe is) because you don't know dick. To take anything away from him this year and this series is downright ASSANINE. How you could be so fucking stupidly blind is beyong anyone with a clue.
Okay...I will bite...why did the NBA's leading scorer shut it down in teh second half of a game seven. Everyone OUTSIDE of LA can see he tanked it. Why can't you? You talk about blind? Too funny.
"Cop out" puhleaze. You're copping out dumbass. Why don't you address the point instead of running to the support of the same idiots I am criticizing? The writers are talking shit? Tell me something I do not know fuckwad. Um, I am not questioning why anyways, tard? I am not questioning dick. Why don't you answer how he brings them back alone? The guy that fails completely in comparison to MJ? :meds: Why don't you answer that genius?
Deliberately NOT taking shots is how he thinks they will come back? Are you joking? Passing the ball every time you touch without even looking for your own shot(when you are the league scoring leader) is how they will come back? Your heart and soul of the franchise completely shuts down his offensive game and that's a winning gameplan? You are a dumbass.
Kobe did the right fucking thing, staying within the game plan (which you were waiting for him to come out of so you could rip him) and you idiots are still coming down on him. Flip flopping losers of the GP and media. He sucks right? No chance of being the greatest of all time but he was supposed to bring them back from the dead? You guys are complete morons.

My friend needed a good laugh so I shared the link so he could see how stupid the ignorant critics are that post here. :lol:

REX you really should get some help. :lol:
I guess you have to vehemently defend Kobe so....otherwise....the questionable character your franchise gambled on just quit in a game seven. He HAS to have been playing within the gameplan. The alternative is you guys are stuck with a selfish ball-hog quitter.

I see why you guys are gripping like you are.

Dumbass
Elwood

Post by Dumbass »

You're done now, right? :lol:

Pathetic. Bite this.

Gripping? :lol:
Yea, I would have been grippin' had they lost this phenomenal talent.

Everyone of you losers would fucking love it if you could show up to every home game and watch this fucker play. Judging what he does on the courts if you dipshits could do that, there is no better show in the NBA right now. I could give a fuck what you think we're "stuck" with.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dumbass wrote:
Diogenes wrote:And on my team he'd have a chance to keep winning.
What, regular season titles or something?

WTF does he "keep winning" on your team? :meds:

Don't you have to win first to have the ability to keep doing it?
He already has, dumbfuck. And could win more with the Suns, as opposed to the Rape Show, who will never do shit while the Kobster is around.

ImageImage
RECTUM JUICE
Fuckin' Noob

Post by RECTUM JUICE »

mad pwntation in yo face to the 9th degree
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Dumbass wrote:Image

Pathetic. Bite this.

Everyone of you losers would fucking love it if you could show up to every home game and watch this fucker play. Judging what he does on the courts if you dipshits could do that, there is no better show in the NBA right now. I could give a fuck what you think we're "stuck" with.
Yeah...I would love for him to show and tank our team's game seven. :meds:

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

T REX wrote:
Dumbass wrote:Image

Pathetic. Bite this.

Yeah...I would love for him to show and tank our team's game seven. :meds:

Lucky if you see a game 7.... :meds:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

I'm was born in Detroit dude........they probably won't see a game seven. You're right.

WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

^^^ don't come in and claim your Motown heritage now bitch.

We don't want you...

-PistonFan
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Yawn......could care less what you think or say.

Psst...its a message board dude. Its not real.

WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

The "It's a messageboard dude" card. One of your favorites.

Psst....No wonder your face adorns Mount Bitchmore.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Whoa....you really got me.

Mount Bitchmore? That's......errrr.....fresh.

You don't matter. Sorry.

Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

And to think I tried to engage this T-Rex clown in an insightful discussion.

Let me guess, you also attended elementary school in Pittsburgh (Steelers) and lived a couple of years in South Side Chicago (White Sox).

I was born in Detroit?? Are you kidding me??
m2 wrote:I'm use to it. Why?

Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

It wont work... I'm a Warriors fan.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

He a classless pussy across many forums.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

The circle jerk continues. I lived there for years before moving to TAMPA, which doesn't have a pro team. Oh, dear me, I have to prove my residences now? Fucking amateurs.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

WolverineSteve wrote:He a classless pussy across many forums.

Hmmmm......

Maybe not a coincidence

Ever since he was nosed out by Mtool as board biatch, he has been posting snot with reckless abandon....
E UNUM PLURIBUS