Got my bets down for The Derby

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Got my bets down for The Derby

Post by War Wagon »

Hey Zyclone, please let us know in advance who you put your $$$ on this year...unlike last year when you came in after the race, and of course you were all over Giacomo at 50-1.

Hey, you can even lie your ass off and say you boxed up about six different nags in the exacta, trifecta, and superfecta at about a cool grand in wagers, but at least you might have all of the bases covered. :wink:

As for moi, dropped $30.00 on the following propositions.

$5 Win 8
$1 Tri Box 8,17,18
$1 Exacta Wheel 8 w/ 4, 7, 9
$1 Exacta Box 4, 7, 9
$1 Tri Wheel 8, 18 w/ 4, 7, 9
$1 Exacta Box 8, 18

Yeah, all chalk bet's for the most part, but I seriously think the favorites dominate this year. I don't see any long shot being able to handle this classy field. My darkest of the dark horses whom I give a punchers chance to is Sharp Humor, morning line odds of 20 - 1. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Sinister Minister and/or Bob and John contend as well.

Still, I think the smart money has to be on Barbaro and Brother Derek.

Pretty much leaving Lawyer Ron out of most of my prop bets, 'cause I despise lawyers. :)

ps; The haters can fuck off in advance.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

zyclone is at the derby drinking 1k mint julips
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Tiberious
Resident Bookie

Post by Tiberious »

I like Bob and John. I just have a feeling about this horse. Saw him run a few weeks back and won pretty easily down the stretch.
You know who I am.

Make the world a better place, punch Urban Meyer in the face.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Barbaro--running away !

glad I passed on the gambling !
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

did you have anything on him, jsc?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Damn, I knew Barbaro was good, but I didn't expect him to thump this field so handily. Whatta' fucking STUD this horse is! Easily will be the favorite in the Preakness. We finally have a real threat for the Triple Crown to admire.

Getting him at 6-1 odds is like stealing. I should've done an 8/All exacta bet on the entire field and I'd be counting some serious change right now. :x

Oh well, that $5 win ticket will return $35.50 so at least I got my money back.

Oh, and wearing the #8 didn't suck much either.

vvvvvvvvvvvv
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

....And here comes Brother Derek around the turn, heading for home....

E UNUM PLURIBUS
Zyclone
HTTR

Post by Zyclone »

Wow!! up and down day should have been better but was ADD with everyone talking in my ear. went with 400 left with 600, so not a bad day.

The derby I had Barbaro to win for 50 for a friend. Rack her I guess.

Will say this now He will win the triple crown and win it with ease!
Sharif dont like it! ROCK the Casbah, ROCK the Casbah!
My Home Page
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

how many times have we seen a horse
look just great in the Derby only to
stumble in one or two of the next legs of
the Triple Crown---
we shall see in two weeks !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I didn't get to see it. :( If anyone knows where I can find a replay of it I would appreciate a link if ya could.

I've been tutoring a young man to get his GED so he can start attending the local CC. He is pretty intelligent person and it is rather sad that he was always led to believe that the only life possible for him would be as a mechanic or a construction worker, only because his family is poor. :evil:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Toddowen wrote:I doubt Barbaro is going to win the triple crown. He just looks a little weak in the knees to me in his sprint to the finish line. Anyone else notice this? Sure, he won. But I think he'll tire in a longer race and with less of a rest than the five weeks he just had.

I don't think he'll have anything left in the stretch at Belmont by the time that race comes around. Just my observation.
I don't know what race you watched, but I watched this one:

Weak in the knees? Tire in the stretch?

:lol: :roll:

This horse is in a different league, plain and simple. It's apparent he can run in any type condition, ie: surface, pace, distance...don't make a difference to a superior athlete of this caliber.

Write this down.

Barbaro will be the first Triple Crown winner since 1978 and Affirmed.

He's a legend in the making. Just sit back and enjoy being able to watch history being made.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

War Wagon wrote:
Toddowen wrote:I doubt Barbaro is going to win the triple crown. He just looks a little weak in the knees to me in his sprint to the finish line. Anyone else notice this? Sure, he won. But I think he'll tire in a longer race and with less of a rest than the five weeks he just had.

I don't think he'll have anything left in the stretch at Belmont by the time that race comes around. Just my observation.
I don't know what race you watched, but I watched this one:

Weak in the knees? Tire in the stretch?

:lol: :roll:

This horse is in a different league, plain and simple. It's apparent he can run in any type condition, ie: surface, pace, distance...don't make a difference to a superior athlete of this caliber.

Write this down.

Barbaro will be the first Triple Crown winner since 1978 and Affirmed.

He's a legend in the making. Just sit back and enjoy being able to watch history being made.
sin,

real quiet
silver charm
smarty jones

rack the idiots in line, i wasn't able to change my ticket, because line was way too long, so i took off and kept wrong ticket( was supposed to be 2 $1 tickets with #10 on top with 8 horses second, instead i wound up with 8 and 10 on top of 8 horses). so instead of a $60 loss for derby, i have half of exacta. So a 200+ win for day! So rack barbaro!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Real Quiet, Silver Charm, and Smarty Jones didn't dominate a field of this caliber by 6-1/2 lengths like Barbaro just did....with the jockey never even once using the whip. I don't believe he even ran his best race. He'll win the Preakness and then destroy the field by Secretariot type proportions in the Belmont just to put an exclamation point on it.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

War Wagon wrote:Real Quiet, Silver Charm, and Smarty Jones didn't dominate a field of this caliber by 6-1/2 lengths like Barbaro just did....with the jockey never even once using the whip. I don't believe he even ran his best race. He'll win the Preakness and then destroy the field by Secretariot type proportions in the Belmont just to put an exclamation point on it.
the crop of 3 year olds are weak

sc,, rq ran against 10 times tougher 3 year olds
Zyclone
HTTR

Post by Zyclone »

Adelpiero wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Real Quiet, Silver Charm, and Smarty Jones didn't dominate a field of this caliber by 6-1/2 lengths like Barbaro just did....with the jockey never even once using the whip. I don't believe he even ran his best race. He'll win the Preakness and then destroy the field by Secretariot type proportions in the Belmont just to put an exclamation point on it.

Adel, I think this guy is something special. if you remember I hated Smarty and WAR Emblem along with FC. Barbaro is a fresh horse with a world of kick to him him, he's bred to do the distance, I would worry about BGC and PD in the belmont though. This guy really impressed me.
My Home Page
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Zyclone wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:

Adel, I think this guy is something special. if you remember I hated Smarty and WAR Emblem along with FC. Barbaro is a fresh horse with a world of kick to him him, he's bred to do the distance, I would worry about BGC and PD in the belmont though. This guy really impressed me.
we'll see, but the 3 year olds are weak
Zyclone
HTTR

Post by Zyclone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I didn't get to see it. :( If anyone knows where I can find a replay of it I would appreciate a link if ya could.

I've been tutoring a young man to get his GED so he can start attending the local CC. He is pretty intelligent person and it is rather sad that he was always led to believe that the only life possible for him would be as a mechanic or a construction worker, only because his family is poor. :evil:
[web]http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2006/derby ... ype=racing[/web]
My Home Page
Zyclone
HTTR

Post by Zyclone »

Yo Adel, did you see the War Chant commerical? That cracked me up.
My Home Page
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Zyclone wrote:Yo Adel, did you see the War Chant commerical? That cracked me up.
was at my sisters wedding, i didnt find out the derby results till 8pm. my headphones were confiscated by family.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Thanks Zy.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Trollfessor
Mary Ann tried harder, Ginger was better

Post by Trollfessor »

Toddowen wrote:If babarino wins this preakness, I'll shoot myself in the head.
PLEASE OH PLEASE BARBARO WIN THE PREAKNESS
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Toddowen wrote:
In fact, I'll bet you. If babarino wins this preakness, I'll shoot myself in the head. And if he wins that belmont race, I'll hang myself. If he wins the both of them together, then I will never post on this message board never ever again for as long as we both shall live.

So.....what do you propose to put up?
I'm not interested in you offing yourself, either in reality or message board wise.

I will take your money, though.

I've got $50 that says Barbaro wins the Preakness.

I've got $100 that says he wins the Belmont.

The first has to happen before the second bet will be enforced.

You want some?

Careful now.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Me bets Tardowned owns not a gun, a noose, or 50 bills, Wagon.

There is your triple crown.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Let’s just stick with the one where you shoot yourself in the head, you drunken pedophile.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

A horse named Load A Chronic placed in the 6th at Arlington Park yesterday and paid $4.20. Rack him.

http://drf.com/results/07/rAP07.html?rn=967748
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Toddowen wrote:I'm not betting you any money, WW, because I never put my money where my mouth is.

I will stand by my offer of silencing my abilty to ever post on this message board again, though, if Barbero wins the triple crown.....which he will not.

Take it or leave it, because that's all I'm going to offer.

As for your wager, you will reliquish from posting any replies in the thread of my choice.
...bitchin... :wink: I think we would all opt for TO to vacate the board if he loses. Come on Barbero
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

( i get half of exacta, was a 1$ wager)
i still think 580.00 for the exacta was a tad small. should paid atleast 900.

but i wont cry about it, should be getting back nothing, rack 20 people in line making $1 wagers and taking 5 minutes to figure out combinations. So i couldn;t change the ticket. I was inline and pissed that the computer fucked my bet up.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Toddowen wrote:I'm not betting you any money, WW, because I'm not providing you with a address to send me the money that you would lose.

I will stand by my offer of silencing my abilty to ever post on this message board again, though, if Barbero wins the triple crown.....which he will not.

As for your wager, you will reliquish from posting any replies in the thread of my choice.
Whatever. It'd be a stoopid bet on my part anyways, because I'd be much better off taking that cash to the track and putting it on his nose and getting better than even money odds.

And I don't want you to ban yourself, or commit Hari Kari should what I think will happen, happens. You're a decent enough read, now and then, and I don't hold any ill will. I appreciate you coming in here and putting up a decent arguement.

You just come back in here and give a nod towards the master handicapper, and we'll call it even.

Should it turn out the way that you prognosticate, I'll do the same.

Who knows? He might tire in the stretch at the Belmont. 1-1/2 miles is a looong fooking way. It'll require jockey Prado to run a smart race, but I think he's up to the task.

First things first, though. He's got to win the Preakness.

Take it to the bank, it's a stone cold lock.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote: ...but i wont cry about it, should be getting back nothing, rack 20 people in line making $1 wagers and taking 5 minutes to figure out combinations. So i couldn;t change the ticket. I was inline and pissed that the computer fucked my bet up.
Nice hit, but dude. That ticket you posted was purchased at 11.04 am...you had like 5 hours to get it changed if that was not your intention.

Or were you just not paying attention until the last minute of what you had actually wagered on?

I'd like to see the tickets that you threw down on the floor in disgust.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

War Wagon wrote:
Adelpiero wrote: ...but i wont cry about it, should be getting back nothing, rack 20 people in line making $1 wagers and taking 5 minutes to figure out combinations. So i couldn;t change the ticket. I was inline and pissed that the computer fucked my bet up.
Nice hit, but dude. That ticket you posted was purchased at 11.04 am...you had like 5 hours to get it changed if that was not your intention.

Or were you just not paying attention until the last minute of what you had actually wagered on?

I'd like to see the tickets that you threw down on the floor in disgust.

i had to leave to get ready for my sisters wedding. i had $44 bucks on AP arrow to win. I only risked $60 bucks, wasn't overjoyed by the derby and horses.

where the hel ldid you get bets in?? woodlands? i made those at OTB in sauget, across the river. much closer than going to fairmount park. sure its full of losers, but the bums cant figure out the computer machines, so theres no wait for making bets.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote: where the hel ldid you get bets in?? woodlands?
Yep. Made on Friday nite because the place is a fucking zoo on Derby Day. You do NOT want to go there.
Zyclone
HTTR

Post by Zyclone »

War Wagon wrote:
Toddowen wrote:I'm not betting you any money, WW, because I'm not providing you with a address to send me the money that you would lose.

Whatever. It'd be a stoopid bet on my part anyways, because I'd be much better off taking that cash to the track and putting it on his nose and getting better than even money odds.

And I don't want you to ban yourself, or commit Hari Kari should what I think will happen, happens. You're a decent enough read, now and then, and I don't hold any ill will. I appreciate you coming in here and putting up a decent arguement.

You just come back in here and give a nod towards the master handicapper, and we'll call it even.

Should it turn out the way that you prognosticate, I'll do the same.

Who knows? He might tire in the stretch at the Belmont. 1-1/2 miles is a looong fooking way. It'll require jockey Prado to run a smart race, but I think he's up to the task.

First things first, though. He's got to win the Preakness.

Take it to the bank, it's a stone cold lock.
He's out of Dynoformer which says he's bred to run all day long. I think he's a much better horse then the last 3 that came close. I think he wins it with ease.
My Home Page