The War on Drugs - "un fracaso"

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

The War on Drugs - "un fracaso"

Post by PSUFAN »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060502/ap_ ... a_drug_war

We've been wasting nigh on billions of dollars spraying coca fields in Columbia...and coca production is rising?

What the fuck is going on down there?

Who exactly are we fighting in Columbia, anyway?

Meanwhile, efforts to control demand are slipping through our fingers. Just as with illegal labor, if you can't reduce demand, you fail.

Plan Columbia
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

reduce demand ??
maybe we should be spraying
the crack heads !

seriously--I wonder what exactly they
were spraying-- an herbicide or a species
specific virus that kills only coca plants ??
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Wolfman wrote: seriously--I wonder what exactly they
were spraying--
Apparently they've been using Scotts Turf Builder with Plus 2 Weed Control. That stuff is awesome, worth paying a little extra.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Wolfman wrote:reduce demand ??
the crack heads !

Watch the video I linked to - they describe the chemical in great detail.

We've spent 4 billion dollars on this program since 2000. We've been throwing that money into a hole, and we've secured success for the opposite of our stated goals.

Reducing demand is indeed necessary, but less and less of that money is going toward drug enforcement and treatment.

Sen. C. Grassley is calling for the drug czar to resign.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote:
Wolfman wrote:reduce demand ??
the crack heads !

Watch the video I linked to - they describe the chemical in great detail.

We've spent 4 billion dollars on this program since 2000. We've been throwing that money into a hole, and we've secured success for the opposite of our stated goals.

Reducing demand is indeed necessary, but less and less of that money is going toward drug enforcement and treatment.

Sen. C. Grassley is calling for the drug czar to resign.
Reducing demand is as simple as creating a world in which people do not feel the want/need to escape their daily troubles with the use of chemicals.

Good luck.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Legalize.

Regulate the shit.

Tax the hell out of the shit.

Cut out the middlemen, and all the accompanying crime.

Let Darwin do his thing.

Done.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You want to legalize meth, heroin, and cocaine?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

PSUFAN wrote:You want to legalize meth, heroin, and cocaine?
I suppose, why not ? There's shit on the market already that's bad too.

Nicotine, alcohol, fast-food, etc.. etc...
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Van wrote:Legalize.

Regulate the shit.

Tax the hell out of the shit.

Cut out the middlemen, and all the accompanying crime.

Let Darwin do his thing.

Done.
Interesting approach, to say the least. Just let the market sort things out, and render unto Caesar and all that. Columbian farmers can be treated like tobacco farmers in North Carolina. Addicts and abusers can buy their shit from the 7-11, instead of a freak scumbag street kid.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

So, exactly how does this differ when it comes to immigration?

We have a Drug (cocaine;cheap labor).
We have Demand (addicts;illegal employers coast-to-coast).

Why not legalize and pop some corn for Darwin's show?
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

The Government should make it legal and hand it out for free, Any self destructive tweaker or needle junkie should be able to get as much as they want whenever they want it. Use the Drug War Money on coffins and Urns for disposal services. The costs should decline every year as they all start dropping like flies and they wouldn't have any reason to commit crimes for fix money. It wouldn't take long until it wasn't a problem anymore.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The costs should decline every year as they all start dropping like flies and they wouldn't have any reason to commit crimes for fix money. It wouldn't take long until it wasn't a problem anymore.
OK...so the ERs wouldn't be affected by government-sponsored access to drugs? For every mron that kills himself with drugs, there are plenty that don't manage to do so.

You really want it to be legal for crackheads to smoke up drugs in our streets? At least right now, cops chase them for doing so.

You really must be removed from the experience most Americans are having, if you imagine that legalizing cocaine and heroin wouldn't be catastrophic.

Weed, different story altogether.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote:OK...so the ERs wouldn't be affected by government-sponsored access to drugs? For every mron that kills himself with drugs, there are plenty that don't manage to do so.

You really want it to be legal for crackheads to smoke up drugs in our streets? At least right now, cops chase them for doing so.
Ever heard of open container laws? Just try drinking a beer on an American street. Your nightmere vision of people smoking crack or shooting up in plain sight is a false reality.
You really must be removed from the experience most Americans are having, if you imagine that legalizing cocaine and heroin wouldn't be catastrophic. Weed, different story altogether.
There's no accounting for drug war propaganda. Just because our government has scared a bunch of people shitless doesn't make those people right.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

I support the idea of legalizing drugs, but honestly...the idea of legalizing meth and coke scares me. I've seen fuckers go fucking apeshit-deadly on coke...and I've heard meth can produce a similar effect. Pot, I'll just never understand why we waste so much time chasing it down. I have to believe it's making a lot of money for someone to do so.
Not in the least. You are assuming some massive increase in usage simply because it is no longer criminalized. That isn't the case. Junkies are already using regardless of criminal penalty.
Just saw this...also a good point. Again, I've always wondered why legalizing and regulating/taxing drugs doesn't get more run. Someone's getting rich off of it.
Last edited by Spinach Genie on Wed May 03, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

OK...so the ERs wouldn't be affected by government-sponsored access to drugs? For every mron that kills himself with drugs, there are plenty that don't manage to do so.
ER's are already busy with repeat customers and their trauma units filled with the victims of turf wars, robbery, and so many other contributing factors behind the cost of buying these drugs illictly. Offer rehab as we already do in Cali or let them self destruct at their own pace instead of a little at a time. I would also offer the option to the current residents in America's Prison System. "Live or Die," The choice is up to the individual.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Somebody needs to find a way to use cocaine as alternative fuel.

They could make millions.
Spinach Genie
Elwood

Post by Spinach Genie »

enough hamster wheels and crackheads...might work.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Mikey wrote:Somebody needs to find a way to use cocaine as alternative fuel.

They could make millions.
They already have and quite some time ago.
You could classify quite a few in the Entertainment business as hybrids.

:D