How do you plan on spending "A Day Without an Immigrant

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

I plan on hitting every drive thru window between work and home, just so I can have my order taken without broken English.

What about you?
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

went shopping for cat food this AM--
well--we needed it !!
I don't see any real diffierence from any other
Monday--so far !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I thought I would be affected by this, seeing as I work with contractors who (surprise, surprise) employ mostly mexicans, but sure enough, they all showed up to work.

I guess that whole "feeding your family" thing was more important to them than upholding some trivial principle.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

I have to say I noticed a low number if Hispanic type immigrants on the freeway this morning. No sign of the 76 Datsun pickup with leafblowers and rakes hangin off the side, doin 55 in the fast lane.

I'm really likin Day Without Immigrants so far.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Roofer wrote:I'm really likin Day Without Immigrants so far.
Yeah, but let's not get carried away with this shit. I like my illegal hispanics working hard, my blacks not working at all and my asians serving me dinner for $4.00 a quart.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Roofer wrote:I'm really likin Day Without Immigrants so far.
Yeah, but let's not get carried away with this shit. I like my illegal hispanics working hard, my blacks not working at all and my asians serving me dinner for $4.00 a quart.

Mgo,

You touched on something there. Today is supposed to be a "Day Without Immigrants", so whay are only Hispanic immigrants marching? How come the Asians are not marching? What about the Middle Eastern immigrants? Or even the few illegal European immigrants?

It should be called "A Day without Jose" if you ask me.

Just sayin.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

mvscal wrote:
Roofer wrote:It should be called "A Day without Jose" if you ask me.
It isn't even that. It's a "Day without Douchebags with Fucked Up Priorities".
All of the weekend coverage and exposure this thing got, and considering how "disruptive" the march/protest is (or isn't) being, this whole thing has a Y2K doomsday, end of the world feel to it. In the end, it's much ado about nothing.

At least until the riots and looting start anyways.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Aren't we all immigrants? or descended from immigrants??

We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

and?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Aren't we all immigrants? or descended from immigrants??
Why yes we are. But I know that my great grandparents did come here from Ireland, and did pass through Ellis Island, which I believe mean's they went through the system then.

These protests are about ILLEGAL immigrants to the US demanding the same
shit that thousands of others have done legally.

And my 4 GREAT workers, Gutamalans, here legally with good green cards, and when I asked them about this protest shit, they muttered something about the "pinchee vattos loco cabasa" .

Now way in hell these guys are giving up $ 110 in wages to fuck off for a day.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm not impressed with the political grandstanding that both parties are engaging in on the issue of immigration reform.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I can honestly say I haven't noticed a difference, other than catching on the news that some protests and counter-protests, neither of which I participated in, were going on.

Of course, around these parts, "Hispanic" usually means Puerto Rican, not Mexican, so I suppose that's to be expected.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

I’m really not feeling the pinch; They should all go back to where they came from…That would show us!
Run if you have to but keep up!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

I'm driving from hospital to hospital informing all emergency rooms that illegal immigrants are protesting......

I'm reminding them that they should withold all medical treatments as a show of solidarity......

it's the right thing......
get out, get out while there's still time
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

BTW....

Is it just me, or do any of you think the INS is missing out on a golden opportunity for mass deportation? They wouldn't even have to chase em....they're all rounded up already.

WAR Forward Thinking and Alterior Motives
m2 wrote:I'm use to it. Why?

Are you trying to hurt my feelings?

It wont work... I'm a Warriors fan.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Roofer wrote:Is it just me, or do any of you think the INS is missing out on a golden opportunity for mass deportation?
Not a safe situation, but they could have passed around flyers (written in Spanish) with directions to where they can receive more free shit, then grab em one at a time as they come through the door.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Maybe here in Denver the money taxpayers saved from Denver General and Denver Health today will offset the money we had to spend on Police overtime. I digress, I’m sure there were some smart ones that didn’t participate figuring today would be the best day to avoid the long free health care lines.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

mvscal wrote:
Roofer wrote:Is it just me, or do any of you think the INS is missing out on a golden opportunity for mass deportation? They wouldn't even have to chase em....they're all rounded up already.

We missed an even better opportunity to squish them with tanks.

:lol: :lol:
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

Well it's time for me to fly this coop. Think I'll drive through the heart of Santa Ana and see what all the hubbub's about.

It's been nice knowin y'all. :lol:

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:So...have we learned our lesson? Have we been shown what's what?
¿qué es qué?
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

I've learned my lesson. Starting tomorrow, I'm working on gaining support for the next movement: A Year Without Immigrants.

I had zero traffic going to work. I was able to perform my job the entire day without any negative impact due to no immigrants. I made it home from work in record time. I'm going to the grocery store now because if things are going as planned, I won't have to deal with Maria Conchita Guadalupe Gonzalez and her 7 ill-behaved monsters running rampant in the aisles.

I've learned that, if for just one day, my routine was much easier without immigrants.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

I'm am planning on filling out a false address on the Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability form that I will be sending to the DMV for the buyer of an old car my wife sold to some dude on Saturday. She only got the guys name and cash, so WTF, it had February reg. stickers so I know there is no way in hell he will be reregistering it any time soon.

WAR ME for putting another unregistered, unlicensed, and uninsured beaner in an old beater on the road.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

Roofer wrote:
I've learned my lesson. Starting tomorrow, I'm working on gaining support for the next movement: A Year Without Immigrants.

I had zero traffic going to work. I was able to perform my job the entire day without any negative impact due to no immigrants. I made it home from work in record time. I'm going to the grocery store now because if things are going as planned, I won't have to deal with Maria Conchita Guadalupe Gonzalez and her 7 ill-behaved monsters running rampant in the aisles.

I've learned that, if for just one day, my routine was much easier without immigrants.

Well I'm back from the store and [shock]it appears that the immigrants supported the "don't go to work" part of the deal, but not so much the "don't spend money" side[/shock].

Fuckin place was crawlin with them. And yes, I did leave shopping cart marks on the forehead of one of the aforementioned welfare sappers. Don't get in my fuckin way on a day where you're supposed to be boycottin. Hell don't get in my way on any day, but a day where you're supposed to not be in my way? Puhleeze.

Anyways, it was nice to have my country back for a day. Now I can turn it back over to the majority and get back to life as normal. You know, 5 mile an hour crawls on the 5......having my large #6 with a coke at Mickey D's become a quote "numbera two"......76 Datsuns equipped with leafblowers and rakes.

God Bless Mexico....errrrr....America.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

Might I add one more good thing about "A Day Without Immigrants".......

VERA FUCKIN JIMENEZ

How sweet of her to work the 5pm news on KCBS in So Cal. I am usuallu only treated to her melons...errrrrr....traffic reports in the morning as I get ready for work.

Niiiiiiiice!!! Wait.....she might be an immigrant. Now I'm confused.......

Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Roofer wrote:
I've learned my lesson. Starting tomorrow, I'm working on starting up a posse to use nuclear powered bb guns to cap anybody with darker skin than me.

I had zero traffic going to work. Immigrants are brown skinned people and I have no need for them. I made it home from work in record time. I'm going to the grocery store now because if things are going as planned, the Mexicans that picked our fruit and vegetbables should just rot in hell, and then the prices will drop even further.

I believe that I have easily become the whitest NEW poster here on this board, if not, just watch me post some more great stuff.
I guess so.

Rip City
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

Luther wrote:
Roofer wrote:
I've learned my lesson. Starting tomorrow, I'm working on starting up a posse to use nuclear powered bb guns to cap anybody with darker skin than me.

I had zero traffic going to work. Immigrants are brown skinned people and I have no need for them. I made it home from work in record time. I'm going to the grocery store now because if things are going as planned, the Mexicans that picked our fruit and vegetbables should just rot in hell, and then the prices will drop even further.

I believe that I have easily become the whitest NEW poster here on this board, if not, just watch me post some more great stuff.

I guess so.

Rip City

Luth,

We have a problem?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Race-bait trolling is arguably worse, but to each his own, I guess.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

mvscal wrote:He lives in Oregon. What do you expect?

Liberal pussy stains are worse than red wine.
Thanks for jumpin to my first point of rebuttal.

Luth, come wade daily through the mass amounts of what's under the microscope today (both bodies and ideas) and then let's have a discussion. Due to exposure, I feel I'm too much of an expert on the matter to have a fair and just discussion about the topic.

The more I think about what's going on today, the more I think our government needs to do something about this sooner rather than later. What does this say about the situation if a group of people are in a position to cripple a country because their feelings get hurt when said country starts talking about addressing the problem? A problem which more or less, is the result of an illegal action of coming to our country without going through the proper channels. From what I've seen and read and heard about today's events, it doesn't look as though the "cripple a country" part of that point to ponder came true today (although it does appear they may have crippled their own cause), but the idea or thought of that should grab the attention of our lawmakers.

To have to deal with the inner city african americans and their high crime rate, or to deal with white trash americans and their taxation on the justice and welfare systems and other resources, that is our burden. It is our responsibility because they are our legalized citizens and therefore we are required to address the matter. But to have to tax our resources to support a group of people who come to reside in our country without going through the legal channels? We don't have to accept that and we shouldn't accept that.

This is about color of skin only because people of color make up the majority of the illegal immigrants for which I am required to maneuver around on a constant, daily basis. If it were Germans flowing in by the 10,000s I'd have the same problem, so don't make this about color of skin. It's about an idea that our country, as wonderful of a place as it is (or in some cases, isn't) to live, still requires those that aren't natural citizens to go through a process to gain legal entry into it, and thousands of people are circumventing that process with no recourse.

That's what this is about.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Roofer wrote: That's what this is about.
Actually, what the protests and demonstrations are about, is the HoR bill passed on December 16th that, should it be signed into law, would instantly make all persons here illegally guilty of a felony crime, rather than a civil crime.

Illegals currently have at least some legal rights, such as being able to peaceably assemble and redress the government for a grievance....that of being declared felon's and not even having that basic right anymore.

Before the protests, most people didn't even know the HoR had passed a bill with such draconian measures. It pretty much flew under the radar for two months. Since, there's been quite an outcry against this bill. I've seen polls where 70% of Americans don't think it should be a felony to be here illegally. The House is now doing some serious backpedaling on this fucked up piece of legislation.

Now, I don't necessarily agree that boycotts and walkouts are the best way to get their message across, but get it across they are doing. If thousands of people marching in the streets of most every major city doesn't get some attention, I don't know what will.

And BTW, I doubt that more than 25% of those participating in the demonstrations are here illegally. The pathological knee jerkers like mvscal may think they deserve to be rolled over by tanks, machine gunned,and then bulldozed into the San Andreas fault, but fortunately for everyone, his ilk doesn't make any decisions weightier than deciding whether to call someone he disagrees with a Dumbfuck, a Dipshit, or both. Illegal immigrants are an easy target for hysterical simpletons.

Also, I understand that illegal immigrants create a huge burden on society, especially in places like California, and that something must be done to address this problem. Hell, something needed to be done 20 years ago, but now the pot is boiling over with emotion from both sides.

I still contend and have been saying for some time that the proposed Senate Bill that got waylaid by partisan bickering was a good start towards addressing the problem. If the protests accomplish anything, I hope that it causes the Senate to salvage this bill in some form or another.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

My father in law fired his yard help since they didn't show up today.

Other than that, not much different here.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Roofer wrote:BTW....

Is it just me, or do any of you think the INS is missing out on a golden opportunity for mass deportation? They wouldn't even have to chase em....they're all rounded up already.

Funny that you say that!!

My wife was saying, Why don't they just Lassoo all of them and send them back to Mexico....it's just seems too easy... like shooting fish in a barrel!!
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Roofer wrote: Due to exposure, I feel I'm too much of an expert on the matter to have a fair and just discussion about the topic.
Ok, lets hear it. We've watched both sides of the isle argue over it for quite awhile, and yet all the brown skin people you dislike are crossing the border like Edwin Moses in the '76 and '84 Olympics.

My perspective? Oh, probably not much. I can't give you tall stories about life in Mexico, or the death march in their illegal trek to the U.S. All I could recount is some Hispanic traditions...some loyalty to the United States, and some stories that enrich us, as I patrolled some of the shittiest parts of southeast Portland. mvscal, really? For a smart and historical type of guy I can't believe you could fuck up this assessment. How many posts, how many wytched pictures of a pro-conservative stances have I taken? Granted I smacked old Dr. D, as he was some whacko fucking ultra-righty nut job/spammer. He was on my side of the isle but he was one goofy paint eating tard. Did you see me glad handing any of the Libs here either?

But now I really expect to hear more than just an American who lives in the south. You're (Roofer) an expert, so I will wait to hear what you have to say. Your last take was solid and it makes your previous posts look juvenile. None of us here created the problem (at least I hope not), but obviously we have to fix it.

Rip City
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Luth,

Don't mind mvscal. He's just a little conflicted. 'Sides he just found out that Vince Young was a black man who won't be playing in Tejas next year.

:lol:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.