Marcus McNeill
LenDale White (born to raise hell)
Eric Winston
Chad Jackson

Go Raiders!
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

BBMarley wrote:As long as Jackson toughens up a little- that is a great pic for NE.

Pretty happy so far. RB's were getting long in the tooth and with the departure of Givens it appears we are filling some needs. Had a feeling they were going to try to move up in the 2nd.......
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Back from the Gym - Melvin, that's a place where guys who don't wear tights work out.

Props to you for reading the paper and calling Manny to the Whiners.

I'll reserve judgement... I thought the Larry Johnson pick 2 years ago was the stupidest thing I'd ever witnessed and then last year swore Derrick Johson would be the ROY.

On a separate note - The Bills front Office msut be on an opium bender.

Separate note 2 - What's the deal with Jimmy Williams? Damn, I thought he was a top 2 CB

Separate note 3 - NE has stolen a couple studs in Maroney and Jackson

Separate note 4 - Chiefs should try and move up to grab Justice or Williams
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

What the FUCK are the packers doing? Trading Javon Walker for the 37th pick and then trading that pick to the Falcons?!?!

packers dont have a fucking clue

BTW, Jon Gruden can go fuck himself. Davin Joseph?? Take Winston Justice you fucking retard. If you wanted Joesph, you should have traded down to the 2nd Round b/c no one was going to pick him that why. Grudent doesnt have a fucking clue when it comes to personnel decisions.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

There goes Williams.

You should take White, stay the hell away from Justice.

Seriously.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

m2 wrote:
m2 wrote:
KC Scott wrote:With the Bills passing on a D Line pick, maybe the Chiefs will see Lawson or Kamberion Wimbley slide down:

11. STL - Jimmy Williams or Tye Hill
12. CLE - Ngota, Bunkley or Manny Lawson
13. BAL - Broderick Bunkley
14. PHI - Chad Jackson
15. DEN - Santonio Holmes
16. MIA - Tye Hill Or Jimmy Williams
17. MIN - Jay Cutler
18. DAL - Lawson, Wimbley or Carpenter
19. SD - Antonio Cromartie (Marty Loves Big Corners)
20. KC - Kamerion Wimbley or Lawson

Toos Kiper, your thoughts?

I think the Niners take Lawson at #22.

m2

KC Scott wrote:Your an Idiot if you think Lawson Slides past KC

You were saying???

the truth

Scott's wrong..you're an idiot period.

BTW, did Dallas take Jason Allen?
Did the Niners get Bush?

:lol:

Keep throwing guesses out there..you're bound to be right every once in a while...
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Deuce Latui?

Looks like a USC crapshoot.

ImageImage
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

m2 wrote:.

Hey, this is what you missed out on... for a Nigerian

Defensive end Manny Lawson recorded a 45-inch vertical jump at the Day of Champions. In this picture, Lawson is at the top of the backboard and still rising.

Yea, I'm sure he'll lead the NFC Worst in Rebounding.

Gotta wonder why all the teams needing outside speed rushers passed on him?

Maybe a good analogy is the Julius Peppers/Ryan Sims comparison.
Turns out Ryan had a good year at NC cuz' of Peppers and has done Nada in the pros.

Maybe same thing for Manny beacuse all the attention was on Mario.

Jus' Sayin.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Fuck.. Walker gone. Still love to see Stovall... but I don't know if he will be there by the time we pick in the third.
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Eagles have done great so far.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Oh- don't get me wrong.. I am happy. Now we need to see a WR and a big bruising back...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Cicero wrote:Eagles have done great so far.
Indeed...that broke my heart that Justice was taken just before the Lions in the second round.
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

KC Scott wrote: Maybe a good analogy is the Julius Peppers/Ryan Sims comparison.
Turns out Ryan had a good year at NC cuz' of Peppers and has done Nada in the pros.

Jus' Sayin.
My thought exactly Scott.... I think he is more of a product playing across from Williams. Put him in San Fran as an OLB with nor to help him- he will be exposed...
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

BBMarley wrote:
KC Scott wrote: Maybe a good analogy is the Julius Peppers/Ryan Sims comparison.

Jus' Sayin.
My thought exactly Scott.... I think he is more of a product playing across from Williams. Put him in San Fran as an OLB with nor to help him- he will be exposed...

~translation~

Damn, wish we had Manny Lawson...

KC Scott wrote:Your an Idiot if you think Lawson Slides past KC
Bwhahahahahahaha!!!

m2
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

m2 wrote:
BBMarley wrote:

Jus' Sayin.

~translation~

Damn, wish we had Manny Lawson...

m2
Yeah.. that's it. We had a chance- but Philly already has two solid pass rushers who are both better than Lawson.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Diogenes wrote:Maroney is a flat out stud.

Great pick up.
Dio, you come on here acting like you're the complete shit... posting absolutes left and right. You're pretty much an idiot, if you ask me. Your 'takes', such as the one above, might hold a bit of water if you would back it up somehow. But no, "Maroney is a flat out stud" is all you can muster w/out a bit of substantiation. Tard.

Let me tell you a bit about Maroney. No, let me tell you a bit about Minnesota. Pssssst... if yo uhaven't noticed, Minnesota plays a perennially weak OOC schedule (that's Out Of Conference for the tards like you). "Weak" is a gross understatement as a matter of fact. It would be analogous to me saying, "Dio has some bad takes in the main forum." Yeah, no shit.

So, back to Minnie and Maroney. Because Minnie plays patsies OOC, Maroney gains some media momentum early. Notice how you don't hear as much about him later in the season? Hmmmm, fancy that. Yes, he still has his games, but I sure wouldn't put him in the 'stud' category. He is too inconsistent, not only as far as ypc, but also as a blocker. Good luck w/that inthe NFL.
Ken

Post by Ken »

KC Scott wrote:WTF?

Hali has more upside than Lawson?

2 Major Chief trends should have told us this was coming - The Chiefs love Penn Staters and they Love Nigerians.

I didn't see Hali so no clue if he's worth a # 1.
He was a first team All American, BFD.

Any Big 10 Fans seen him?
Hali is very good. But I can also understand some fan's displeasure w/the pick given the PSU busts of late (sup, Courtney and Enis). But Hali is a gamebreaker. He took on double teams nearly all year and handled it very well. Hell, he took on TRIPLE teams vs. Wisky and completely DOMINATED them. Tamba had 4 sacks and 7 tackles for loss... against #14 Wisky.

OSU fan can tell you about Hali too.

Unlike Maroney, Hali NEVER gives up and give 110% each play.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Ken wrote:

Great pick up.
Dio, you come on here acting like you're the complete shit... posting absolutes left and right. You're pretty much an idiot, if you ask me. Your 'takes', such as the one above, might hold a bit of water if you would back it up somehow. But no, "Maroney is a flat out stud" is all you can muster w/out a bit of substantiation. Tard.

Let me tell you a bit about Maroney. No, let me tell you a bit about Minnesota. Pssssst... if yo uhaven't noticed, Minnesota plays a perennially weak OOC schedule (that's Out Of Conference for the tards like you). "Weak" is a gross understatement as a matter of fact. It would be analogous to me saying, "Dio has some bad takes in the main forum." Yeah, no shit.

So, back to Minnie and Maroney. Because Minnie plays patsies OOC, Maroney gains some media momentum early. Notice how you don't hear as much about him later in the season? Hmmmm, fancy that. Yes, he still has his games, but I sure wouldn't put him in the 'stud' category. He is too inconsistent, not only as far as ypc, but also as a blocker. Good luck w/that inthe NFL.

Belichick said yesterday that they actually started scouting him last year. When they looked at film of Marion Barber they saw Maroney and watched him all this season. Maroney will not be expected to start right away. Dillon and Kevin Faulk can carry the load one more season. I think in this case I will defer to Belichick and Co that they made the right decision.....
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Ken wrote:

Great pick up.
Dio, you come on here acting like you're the complete shit... posting absolutes left and right. You're pretty much an idiot, if you ask me. Your 'takes', such as the one above, might hold a bit of water if you would back it up somehow. But no, "Maroney is a flat out stud" is all you can muster w/out a bit of substantiation.
You should really keep your anklebiting to mainstreet, bitch and stick to the spellcheck duties. FTR, I only posted about Maroney because A)unlike you, I've actually seen him play and B) Neely asked. Minnesota playing a weak schedule is pretty irrelevant considering how HE played against the not-so-weak averaging 5 yards a carry against Ohio State for example. But then, I guess you know better than Bill Fucking Belichick.

Or maybe not.

Dillon figures to remain the starter if he can regain most of his old form and remains healthy. Maroney had plenty of experience sharing the running back's job. In his first two seasons at Minnesota, he split time with Marion Barber, who did well last year as a rookie with Dallas.

"We never once complained about who was getting the ball more because I always felt like it was what you do with the carries you do get," said Maroney, considered a more explosive runner than Barber. "I feel like if I'm being productive with the carries I do get and I help the team win, I'm happy."

Last season, he and Gary Russell split the job and both gained more than 1,000 yards rushing.

The 5-foot-11, 211-pound Maroney rushed for more than 1,000 yards in each of his three college seasons, including a career-high 1,464 last season when he averaged 133.1 yards per game, fifth best in the nation. He scored 10 touchdowns rushing to finish his career with 32. He fumbled only twice last year and lost just one of them.

Maroney carried the ball 46 times against Purdue, a Big 10 high last season, and rushed for 258 yards against Wisconsin, tying Brian Calhoun of the Badgers for the top single-game performance.

"He brings an element of speed and, certainly, youth to the position," Belichick said. "He has ability to make long runs. He plays with good strength for his size."

The only running back taken before Maroney was Reggie Bush of Southern California, who went to New Orleans with the second selection.

ImageImage
Ken

Post by Ken »

Diogenes wrote:You should really keep your anklebiting to mainstreet, bitch and stick to the spellcheck duties. FTR, I only posted about Maroney because A)unlike you, I've actually seen him play and

:onebigfuckingrolleyes:
Wow, you saw him play vs. Fla. Atl. Whoopdeefreakindoo. He's quite the world beater, eh? But what you can take from THAT surely carries more weight than I watching him on TV multiple times... being the B10 fan and all.

Dio: "Well, I watched him in person."
You're such a little bitch. That's something I would expect my bitch sis-in-law to vomit out.

Way to pull out the OSU stat, idiot. Care to pull the PSU and UofM stats? Oh, and we can't forget about his performance vs. Iowa. No siree! Yeah, the same game in which the Cupito, Minnie's effing QB averaged more yds/carry than Maroney. Rack your 1.7ypc.

Now, to the point... my point of contention isn't w/Maroney, nor would I ever call Belichik to the podium :meds: . He was a darned good CF RB, and possibly in the NFL too. My point of contention is with your idiocy.
#1. That you state he's a stud... this I find out, after watching ONE FREAKING GAME, Ooooooo. In person, forgive my error.
#2. That you don't substantiate any of your takes in this thread with ANYTHING. Mebee if you did so, you'd gain a bit of credibility. Instead, we get this:

There goes Williams.

Seriously

Great follow up commentary to your epic take.

Good pick by the Pats

Rack that.

I think he's overrated, he'll be a decent NFL QB, but not worth a 10 pick.

I liked your reasons :lol:

Take Winston Justice or cut a deal with Denver.

Or NGata

Great takes there, dio. A real erudite.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Ken wrote:
Diogenes wrote:You should really keep your anklebiting to mainstreet, bitch and stick to the spellcheck duties. FTR, I only posted about Maroney because A)unlike you, I've actually seen him play and

:onebigfuckingrolleyes:
Wow, you saw him play vs. Fla. Atl. Whoopdeefreakindoo. He's quite the world beater, eh? But what you can take from THAT surely carries more weight than I watching him on TV multiple times... being the B10 fan and all.

Dio: "Well, I watched him in person."
You're such a little bitch. That's something I would expect my bitch sis-in-law to vomit out.

Way to pull out the OSU stat, idiot. Care to pull the PSU and UofM stats? Oh, and we can't forget about his performance vs. Iowa. No siree! Yeah, the same game in which the Cupito, Minnie's effing QB averaged more yds/carry than Maroney. Rack your 1.7ypc.

Now, to the point... my point of contention isn't w/Maroney, nor would I ever call Belichik to the podium :meds: . He was a darned good CF RB, and possibly in the NFL too. My point of contention is with your idiocy.
#1. That you state he's a stud... this I find out, after watching ONE FREAKING GAME, Ooooooo. In person, forgive my error.
#2. That you don't substantiate any of your takes in this thread with ANYTHING. Mebee if you did so, you'd gain a bit of credibility. Instead, we get this:

There goes Williams.

Seriously

Great follow up commentary to your epic take.

Good pick by the Pats

Rack that.

I think he's overrated, he'll be a decent NFL QB, but not worth a 10 pick.

I liked your reasons :lol:

Take Winston Justice or cut a deal with Denver.

Or NGata

Great takes there, dio. A real erudite.
Yawn....

I guess this is where I get called out for 'ruining this thread' by atracting takeless anklebiters?

Fell free to STFU as I'll be ignoring your idiocy.

Gabe Watson I can live with.

ImageImage
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

Bing Bing - Day two

[web]http://www.raiders.com/newsroom/newsroo ... p?id=24277[/web]

The Raiders are doing the safety dance.

The Raiders are making some damn nice picks. Stacking the D. Yes Al, I’ll marry you.

I was a bit surprised with the Thomas Howard pick in the 2nd but the truth is OLB is a really thin position this year.

Cory Chavous loved the pick but Mel’s pompadour caught fire. Who knows?
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

#119 Denver (from Washington) Marshall, Brandon WR 6-4 230 Central Florida

I'm VERY happy with this pick. I saw some of the footage from his combine and the guy is an absolute beast.

He's got some issues and needs some development, but if he can improve his game a bit and keep his head on straight he could be very good.
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

Hey Red, congrats on scoring Walker, YA BASTARDS!

[web]http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/trades[/web]
Ken

Post by Ken »

Diogenes wrote:Yawn....

I guess this is where I get called out for 'ruining this thread' by atracting takeless anklebiters?

Fell free to STFU as I'll be ignoring your idiocy.

Gabe Watson I can live with.[/b]
You sure you weren't s'posed to sign off with

sin,
2001?

I mean, it's not like your reply wasn't horribly predictable and devoid of 'anklebiter' blasts.

Way to slink out on a high note, dio.
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Aaron in Tucson wrote:Hey Red, congrats on scoring Walker, YA BASTARDS!
Yeah, I'm very happy with the draft thus far. I'm kind of scratching my head over the Scheffler pick with Byrd and Pope still on the board but who knows.

Oh yeah, we also got the only bow-legged Elvis entering the NFL. 'Bode.
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

How is Rodrique Wright, DT still available?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Congrats, Pats fan.

.Ryan O'callaghan to the Patriots....

Not surprisingly, a team that drafts well picked him

m2
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

KC Scott wrote:On a separate note - The Bills front Office msut be on an opium bender.
Agreed, although in fairness I thought Ashton Youbouty was a good pickup in Round Three. But OL has been the team's weakness for-fugging-ever, and they pick only one OL, and that in the fifth round. They still have two picks in the seventh round, if Mark LeVoir is still on the board, they better use one of those picks on him.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.