Wanna read a strange story?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Wanna read a strange story?

Post by Mikey »

Two guys...now (and for the past 30 years or so) called Flo and Eddie.

From Winchester High in L.A....the Nightriders...the Crossfires...the Turtles (remember them?)...the Mothers of Invention...Flo and Eddie....an epic story of the rock and roll business.

You may need about 1/2 hour to read all this, but it's damn interesting.

http://www.theturtles.com/turtles.html
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If nothing else they get props for smoking pot in the White House before Tricia Nixon's debutante party, which they were invited to play for.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I have a Turtles LP in the collection. The smoking herb at the WH is hilarious, I thought Willie Nelson was the only person that pulled that off, these guys probably told ole Willie that the roof was safe to fire up a blunt.... :lol:
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

I haven't read the link yet, but I remember reading elsewhere that they wrote "elenor" as a joke, a stab at record company pop excess, and it became a hit.

Those are two non rock star looking dudes though.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Roach wrote:Good post. I didn't know about this. Maybe I was too stoned or something.

"The Turtles folded in 1970. Mark, Howard and Jim Pons joined Frank Zappa's Mothers of Invention, for one of the most entertaining incarnations of that ensemble. Due to contractual restrictions made early in their career, Mark and Howard were prevented from using the name "The Turtles", as well as their own names, in a musical context. In order to circumvent this, they became "The Phlorescent Leech and Eddie" (later shortened to "Flo and Eddie")."

Rack Mikey, Turtles and Zappa.
I seem to remember hearing them called "Electric Flo and Eddie". Maybe that was as opposed to Acoustic Flo and Eddie? Anyway I didn't at the time have any idea that they had been the nuclues of The Turtles.