Anybody know about knees?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Anybody know about knees?

Post by Mikey »

So I was shooting hoops with my boy yesterday and I felt a little twinge in my knee. It wasn't enough to make me stop, and it didn't really hurt, at least not any more than the other knee or my lower back.

Today it's swollen up to about grapefruit size, I can barely bend it and am having a hard time walking, especially down the driveway to take that trash out.

Is this something serious? Do I now need major reconstructive surgery or is it enough just to try and stay off it and get the OL to do all my chores for a few days?
DMike316
Elwood

Post by DMike316 »

Sounds like a torn Quadrevion.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Talk to Cicero. He spends a lot of time on his knees.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

You do not have knee pain because you do not have knees. Nobody has "knees" or "elbows" for that matter.

Sin,

Diogenes, being provocative.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

check edmunds.com
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

free advice for preventing future knee pain--
your hoops playing days are over !!

sin-
old age
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:check edmunds.com
Mine's a '55. I don't think they go back that far.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Wolfman wrote:free advice for preventing future knee pain--

sin-
old age
Dude. I'm old, but not as old as you. I've got a 13 y.o. who wants to go one on one with his dad. I'm not quittin' now. Not at least until he can beat me.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

try the easy lime shrimp----coudn't hurt
mvscals blow monkey spunk
UCant#2
Elwood

Post by UCant#2 »

I'd recommend milking this for some serious sympathy BJs ("honey.. my knee hurts")... once this well runs dry, take a ball peen hammer to it and repeat as necessary. Hit wife in head with said hammer if she denies you from the get-go.
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

Mikey wrote:

sin-
old age
Dude. I'm old, but not as old as you. I've got a 13 y.o. who wants to go one on one with his dad. I'm not quittin' now. Not at least until he can beat me.

He's a shoe in now, lamo
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

sin-
old age
I'm 31 and playing hoops killed me. My knees click with each step up.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

At your age Mikey, it probably shouldn't take more than about 3-4 years for it to heal up, assuming you take it easy on it and don't aggrivate it any further. Unless it's aggrivated while golfing, which is acceptable.

And you probably think I'm kidding...hehehehe.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I'll play golf in a fuckin' wheelchair if I have to. I could still probably shoot 90 or better.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Bizzarofelice wrote:

sin-
old age
My knees click with each step up.
Those aren't your knees. Those are the tap dancing shoes you got on. :)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:I'll play golf in a fuckin' wheelchair if I have to. I could still probably shoot 90 or better.
Oh....about 3 years ago I guess, my good friend and golfing buddy's dad got rushed in for triple-bypass surgery. He was in his mid-70s at the time. Big tough old bastard, but he abviously wasn't in very good shape after such an ordeal. He was pretty much bedridden for a while. But less than two weeks after he had the open-heart surgery, apparently his wife of about a million years was starting to drive him nuts. One morning, she went to the store, and he saw his chance -- called up one of his ancient old buddies, who quickly came over to his house, helped him out of bed, drove him to the course, propped him up in the cart, and away they went.

I guess dude just about died on the course that day, which is understandable in his predicament.

But he shot 80 that winter day. Most RACKable.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Definitely RACKable.

If you're gonna die, that would be about the best place to do it.

Either that or the way Nelson Rockefeller went out.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Impact sports such as basketball, running etc are the worst thing for knees.

You likely have agravated the bursa which provides cushioning, (cartilage), and if you play hoops a lot, probably got some floaters in there.

Probably should go see the orthopedic butcher...eerrrrrr Doctor. He may need to drain some of that fluid off it, and maybe jack you up on some cortisone. Maybe even need some artho scopic work, but its day surgery now, and it hurts a lot less than a fucked up knee does.

I have had 3 knee surgeries and one knee replacement. I don't run, I can golf just fine, but the knee hacker says to stay away from any type of impingment shock activites that cause's repetitive striking shock to a joint.

He will also reccomend that your wife give you head 3 times a day and swallow it all, to help with the pain.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Mikey wrote:Definitely RACKable.

You mean with the paramedics laughing at your hideously over-inflated penile implant that your secretary couldn't figure out how to deflate after you died?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

I know knees.

I've had 9 surgeries on the right one...the last cut hopefully will be the last as it was a knee replacement.

When I was younger, I could manage a weak dunk. If I was to try right now, I'd be happy just to graze the bottom of the net. I probably could do a Dr. J flying windmill, slama-jama, 720, with a Sasha Cohen beaver splay if I could have that bitch from the Allenby Bridge crossover into Israel again, and scream "GO GO GO".

I would walk away like I owned the place. As soon as I got in my Oldsmobubble, I'd probably drive a mile, pull over and vomit on my Sears athletic apparel.

Rip City
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Cuda wrote:

You mean with the paramedics laughing at your hideously over-inflated penile implant that your secretary couldn't figure out how to deflate after you died?
You seem to have a lot of details that aren't publically known.
Were you there?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Luther wrote:I know knees.

I've had 9 surgeries on the right one...the last cut hopefully will be the last as it was a knee replacement.

When I was younger, I could manage a weak dunk. If I was to try right now, I'd be happy just to graze the bottom of the net. I probably could do a Dr. J flying windmill, slama-jama, 720, with a Sasha Cohen beaver splay if I could have that bitch from the Allenby Bridge crossover into Israel again, and scream "GO GO GO".

I would walk away like I owned the place. As soon as I got in my Oldsmobubble, I'd probably drive a mile, pull over and vomit on my Sears athletic apparel.

Rip City
I could never dunk (except on one of those 8 ft baskets) but I could at least get the total length of my fingers over the rim. Now I just stand under the basket looking up and thinking geez that looks like a lot more than 10 feet.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cuda wrote:

How many rich guy's penises are familiar with, anyway?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
4 king guy
Elwood

Post by 4 king guy »

I just know you need your knees!! But to work down that grapefuit size swelling, you may need to knead the area. After discussing this with a Doctor friend of mine, he agrees that you need to knead your knees!!

I hope this is the information that you needed!!

Now, if you need to heal your knees, that's another story......

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What if I need to have my knee grow?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote: I could never dunk

38 years old. 6'1". 6 knee injuries. Several lower back injuries. White as white gets.

And I can still grab the rim on a good day.

I believe this is where I'm supposed to declare "BODE," if'n I'm not mistaken.

Of course, if I try to do that more than a couple of times in a day, my body gives me its opinion of my recreational choices.

And WTF? Maybe it's age, or maybe it's too much working for a living, but when I was a teen, I could palm a ball, no prob. Hell, I could spread my big mitts and catch it out of the air with one hand. I could do the MJ "hold the ball out in front of you with one hand and slowly wave it around." Now those same mitts that used to damn-near encompass the ball can barely grab it off the ground, much less be able to actually move it if I should get lucky and get enough grip to palm it.

Not sure how that works.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Mikey,

Hot & Cold

BTW- Call H-Man for advice, Both he "much like Luther" have made a couple doctors rich.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah. You've got definite BODE.

I'm an inch shorter, 13 years older and probably 40 lb heavier. I'm willing to concede BODE on this one. But ONLY this one.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote: I could never dunk

38 years old. 6'1". 6 knee injuries. Several lower back injuries. White as white gets.

And I can still grab the rim on a good day.

I believe this is where I'm supposed to declare "BODE," if'n I'm not mistaken.

Of course, if I try to do that more than a couple of times in a day, my body gives me its opinion of my recreational choices.

And WTF? Maybe it's age, or maybe it's too much working for a living, but when I was a teen, I could palm a ball, no prob. Hell, I could spread my big mitts and catch it out of the air with one hand. I could do the MJ "hold the ball out in front of you with one hand and slowly wave it around." Now those same mitts that used to damn-near encompass the ball can barely grab it off the ground, much less be able to actually move it if I should get lucky and get enough grip to palm it.

Not sure how that works.
I'm thinking that Dinsdale's "on the juice."

Hey Din's,
Hook a brother up, My season pass at Balco expired.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Y2K wrote:Mikey,

Hot & Cold

BTW- Call H-Man for advice, Both he "much like Luther" have made a couple doctors rich.
Yeah, I heard he's had some knee problems...

WebMD says RICE

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My doc said to wrap it and ice it and if it's not better by Monday I should see an orthopedist. Sounds reasonable to me. Now, anybody have any extra vicodins?
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Go to Compton, my friend. :)
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.