The Official NSD Thread

The best of the best
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

Nolesy wrote:Cicero, I hate to break it to you but BB came out and said yesterday that aside from bringing in McHale, there will be no other coaching changes. So it looks like another 8-3 the next few years unless the old man dies or jeff gets hit by a car.
I can see it now.....

Dear Lightning,

Sincerely,
Nolesy
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Nolesy wrote:Cicero, I hate to break it to you but BB came out and said yesterday that aside from bringing in McHale, there will be no other coaching changes. So it looks like another 8-3 the next few years unless the old man dies or jeff gets hit by a car.
You can always hope Baylor or Rutgers look for some Bowden karma.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

IU got a damn good class (for where we are as a program) in Terry Hoeppner's first go round. BIG get was landing Matt Lewis out of Florida, beating out the likes of FSU and Miami for him. Sure he wasn't their top priority or anything, but it's a start. It's crazy to be more excited about football than basketball in Hoosier land.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I hope when Bowden calls it quits, Richt comes back and brings the program back to dominance.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

I think the best senario is Kevin Steele taking the helm after Bowden is assasinated, er, retires.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Shine wrote:IU got a damn good class (for where we are as a program) in Terry Hoeppner's first go round. BIG get was landing Matt Lewis out of Florida, beating out the likes of FSU and Miami for him. Sure he wasn't their top priority or anything, but it's a start. It's crazy to be more excited about football than basketball in Hoosier land.
Shine, congrats on getting Lewis...he should start as a fresh for IU if he makes the grades. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come for IU.

To say that IU "beat out" the likes of FSU and UM is a stretch though. If FSU and MIAMI really wanted him bad...he would be playing in Florida. My guess is he didn't want to be buried on the depth chart.
Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

Shine wrote:IU got a damn good class (for where we are as a program) in Terry Hoeppner's first go round. BIG get was landing Matt Lewis out of Florida, beating out the likes of FSU and Miami for him. Sure he wasn't their top priority or anything, but it's a start. It's crazy to be more excited about football than basketball in Hoosier land.

Shine , perhaps the kid is a huge blue grass fan. Beanbloosom has a kickin(no pun intended) blue grass in June. The lure may have been to strong for this young man.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Chief- You will note that I pointed out Lewis wasn't the top priority of the Florida schools. Still, for a kid even getting a sniff by those programs to pick IU is a MAJOR step in the right direction.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Shine,
I noted it. The Indiana media hasn't. That's why I had to reiterate the facts. I live in IN, you would think that IU won the hardest fought recruiting battle in the state of Florida. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...."Lewis selected Indiana over Florida, Florida State, Miami, Tennessee and Georgia" right...

I'm happy as hell for IU hopefully it IS a sign of good things to come, I still gotta keep it real! :wink:

Lewis is a great prospect and he played some great competition in Florida, he's a bit on the small side for the DL, I think Hoeppner (sp) is going to play him at LB. Good move.