Anybody remember the Iron Shiek?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Along with having a fear of modern dentistry, he appears to have some personal problems.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Here's a Nikolai Volkoff sighting!

http://www.gazette.net/stories/032406/p ... 1945.shtml
Former WWF star muscles into ring of House hopefuls
Friday, March 24, 2006

by Jared S. Hopkins

Nikolai Volkoff, in his heyday as a wrestler (top), and recently in front of the State House (bottom), wants to represent a Baltimore County district to combat high taxes, cost of living.

When Nikolai Volkoff made an entrance during the height of his fame years ago, he was greeted by boos. Now he hopes for applause.
That’s because Volkoff, who as a symbol of the communist Soviet Union in the 1980s was considered one of the most notorious professional wrestlers, is preparing for a run at the House of Delegates.

The 6-foot-3, 300-pound Volkoff, now a Baltimore County code inspector, is a veteran of the World Wrestling Federation (now World Wrestling Entertainment) from the 1980s, when the likes of Hulk Hogan, ‘‘Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, and Rowdy Roddy Piper crossed paths.

Volkoff, a U.S. citizen since 1970 and a registered Republican, is actually from Yugoslavia, not the Soviet Union, and has spent the past 10 years learning America’s democratic process. He said he supports the GOP because its members helped liberate his country.

‘‘They loved me when I wrestled. I made a good living. I just want to give something back,” Volkoff said. ‘‘I was a good wrestler and now I want to be a good politician.”

Volkoff, who plans to make an official announcement in May, fled his native country at 19 and chose his wrestling character to educate Americans about the evils of communism, which he calls ‘‘the worst shape of capitalism.”

‘‘You can never say anything against government,” he said. ‘‘You say something against the government and next day you’re gone. American people don’t know how good they have it here.”

Wrestlers will often enter politics or movies as extensions of their wrestling characters, but Volkoff does not indicate any ulterior motives, said Mike Mooneyham, who writes a wrestling column and has been covering professional wrestling for 40 years.

‘‘In Nikolai’s case he really seems to be a genuine public servant,” he said. ‘‘America’s been good to him. He played a bad guy for such a long time that I think he wants to finally play a good guy.”

But unlike other political outsiders, wrestlers have a natural affinity for the public stage and Volkoff is no different, said Alex Marvez, a wrestling columnist for Scripps-Howard News Service.

‘‘It’s not unprecedented for performers to make this move,” Marvez said. ‘‘You have to convince people to believe in your character. You need to have oratory skills and read an audience. It’s a gift that can translate to a political realm.”

Given that, it is little surprise that Volkoff draws inspiration from both former wrestler-turned-governor Jesse Ventura — a ‘‘good friend” — and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R), whom he has met a handful of times.

‘‘They speak from the heart and I speak from the heart too,” Volkoff said. ‘‘That’s the best you can do. Be honest. Be decent.”

Volkoff, 59, did not identify specific campaign issues, but said he is particularly upset with high taxes and the increasing cost of living. He remembered when he could spend ‘‘$2 for 20 cans of sardines, and now $5 will get you only six cans.”

He said he will campaign ‘‘mostly” on the Internet, but left open the possibility of wrestling at campaign events. Such a tactic was not met with enthusiasm from his opponents.

‘‘We will wrestle in words, in debates, rhetorically,” said Del. J.B. Jennings (R-Dist. 7) of Phoenix, one of three incumbent Republican Baltimore County delegates Volkoff will face in the September primary. ‘‘But there’s not going to be any physical confrontation.”

Some people familiar with Volkoff were surprised about his political intentions. Georgiann Makropoulos, who once ran wrestling fan clubs and has known Volkoff since the 1970s, remembers him off-stage as reserved, not a showman like Ventura.

‘‘He was a big bad villain in the ring, but when you knew him personally, he was just wonderful,” said Makropoulos, who now writes a wrestling magazine.

Volkoff’s influence was strongest in the early 1980s when the country’s relationship with the Soviet Union was most tense. His ‘‘worst moment” came in New Orleans after a friend misplaced the tape with his introductory music. Volkoff himself sang the song, which happened to be the Soviet’s national anthem.

‘‘I got scared,” he said. ‘‘They were mad. They were stamping their feet and I didn’t know what to do.”

The stunt stuck, and Volkoff performed the song until he left professional wrestling in the early 1990s.

Volkoff is married with two grown children, and although he insists he is retired from wrestling, he joined other WWE Hall-of-Famers in Orlando March 5 for Wrestlemania Legends.

Winning Maryland’s 7th District won’t be easy. It’s predominantly Democratic — 25,841 Dems to 17,841 Republicans — and the 2002 elections brought in Republicans for the first time in more than 20 years.

Del. Patrick L. McDonough (R-Dist. 7) of Middlesex, who was a Democratic delegate from 1979 to 1983, is convinced his delegation will prevail in elections over a code inspector ‘‘giving out tickets nobody wants” and who lacks any political experience.

‘‘It’s not a circus, it’s not a wrestling match, it’s about peoples lives, it’s about policy,” McDonough said. ‘‘Hitting someone over the head with a chair does not really qualify you.”
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Shiek fucking rules. I would have loved to have smoked weed with him and Jim Duggan.

(after watching interview)

Fucking HELL. Make him Ahmadinejad's speechwriter NOW.

"Gorgy BUSH! You are PUNK! You are FAG! I break your BACK and FUCK YOUR ASS country way, make you humble, with nuky weap!"
Last edited by Nishlord on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

It was good of him not have anal sex with B.Brian Blair on a Pay-Per-View, though. I doubt that the WWE is still ready for a Prison Love match just yet.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Filthy McNastie
Elwood

Post by Filthy McNastie »

Been around Wrestlers my whole life.

When I was a kid in Dallas I lived in the Greenwood apartments and a few wrestlers that wrestled at the Sportatorium lived there the most popular was Don Ho.

We used to go to the Sportatorium and watch the Von Erichs daddy Fritz wrestle his arch enemy Blackjack Mulligan.

When we were on the road we used to hit towns that would be holding wrestling matches at the same time and we got to be friends with some of the wrestlers as they would come to the club after they wrestled.

I was pretty good friends with Manny "The raging bull" Hernadez" and "Buzzsaw" Buzz Sawyer.

We met up in Midland Texas one time and were playing in a club and they came out...it was pretty funny cuz that's when we wore all of the makeup and spikes and shit, a couple of the locals started shit with our lead singer and before it was all over with Ol' Buzzsaw was throwing people all over that club in one of the best barroom brawls I was ever in!

I remember every single one of thse guys had real fucked up foreheads...they would take razor blades and slice cuts in their foreheads...then when their opponent slapped them they would start bleeding like stuck pigs...crazy shit.

L8.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

The Sheik was a great character. Wrestling was awesome back then. Yet again, I wasnt any older than 12 years old, so I could be wrong. They dont make the characters like they used to.
Filthy McNastie
Elwood

Post by Filthy McNastie »

R-Jack wrote:
Filthy McNastie wrote:before it was all over with Ol' Buzzsaw was throwing people all over that club in one of the best barroom brawls I was ever in!
But did he make anyone humble?
Yea...right before Midlands finest showed up and humbled us all.

Buzz's act in the ring...wasn't an act, he was a crazy fuck in real life...dude loved to fight.

Manny was pretty cool, I took him with me running around to after parties one night and he got laid by some skinny little rocker chick...and he and I were best buds from that night on...every time we ran into him he would latch onto the crowd and party with us.

L8.
4 king guy
Elwood

Post by 4 king guy »

This is an EXCELLENT EXCELLENT THREAD!!

FAGGOT SON OF A BITCH LITTLE GAY - LITTLE PUNK WORSE THAN MICHAEL JACKSON - BREAK HIS BACK AND THEN FUCK HIS ASS!!

I'M PROFESSIONAL. MAKE HIM HUMBLE AND THEN FUCK HIS ASS!!

YOU ARE WORSE THAN MICHAEL JACKSON

YOU WERE LUCKY. I DO NOT RESPECT THE GAY. I DO NOT RESPECT THE FAG. I SHOULD HAVE FUCKED YOUR ASS AND MADE YOU HUMBLE!!

BESIDES THAT

Everything was GREAT!!

****B. Brian Blair is now a Local Politician in Tampa. I think he needs to be humbled a little bit!
:shock: :shock: :wink:
Last edited by 4 king guy on Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

4 king guy wrote:
FAGGOT SON OF A BITCH LITTLE GAY - LITTLE PUNK WORSE THAN MICHAEL JORDAN--I MEAN MICHEAL JACKSON- BREAK HIS BACK AND THEN FUCK HIS ASS!!
FTFY- :lol:

dude is a little too obsessed with fucking B Brian in the ass
get out, get out while there's still time
BraveFan
Fantasy Fuckstick

Post by BraveFan »

O m f g! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
DMike316
Elwood

Post by DMike316 »

This thread makes me want to throw salt in someone's eyes when the ref isn't looking ala Mr. Fuji and Mr. Saito style.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
YD
Michael McDonald

Post by YD »

who was that bald, fat , hairy-backed moron that used to eat the turnbuckles?
DMike316
Elwood

Post by DMike316 »

George "The Animal" Steele
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

BESIDES THAT

Everything was GREAT!!

Best line. :)
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

No. "I had respect for God, Jesus and Mr McMahon" tops it. This DVD may have to be purchased.

I have a feeling that "Make him humble" and "Do it country way" are going to be new buzzwords on this board.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Fucking hell. Look at the other shoot DVD they're selling;
Wrestling great "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala joined us at MWF Studios for the second edition of the MWF/BostonWrestling.com Studio Shoot Interview Series in your choice of DVD or VHS. It's a three hour no-holds-barred interview that's extremely insightful and thought provoking. Kamala opens up and is very honest about his true, deep feelings about the wrestling business and his life in general. To top it off, Kamala actually SINGS two songs that he wrote for an upcoming CD! That's right, "The Ugandan Giant" now is involved in the world of music and shares a little in this interview.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Nishlord wrote:No. "I had respect for God, Jesus and Mr McMahon" tops it.

:wink:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

The spirit of Trollatollah lives on.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

the old WWF back in the 80's had
some of the best characters and writing
EVER !!!!!!

just sayin'