Nebraska sweeps Alabama

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Nebraska sweeps Alabama

Post by Cornhusker »

The Corn opened it's home season with a 3 game sweep of #25 Alabama (13-6) without the help of ace Joba Chamberlin who was held out due to tightness in his tricep Friday. Friday's game went 11 innings with NU winning 2-1. NU won 5-1 Saturday and 6-2 Sunday. Allowing 4 runs (2 un-earned) for the series without Chamberlin, speaks well of NU's pitching.
Alabama finshed the series 1 for 26 with runners in scoring position.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

I'm pleasantly surprised with NU's pitching staff. Think they'll hold up all year?
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Husker4ever wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised with NU's pitching staff. Think they'll hold up all year?
If you mean from a health stand point, Johnny Dorn seems to have been hitting his stride from last year after knocking off the rust from sitting out due to the arm.

Joba has the big frame and strong lower body so you'd think he'll hold up well.

Tony Watson hasn't had any health problems what-so-ever.

Charlie Shirek is the new guy in the rotation and seems fine the more he pitches.

Brent Jensen has held up throught-out his career so all's well with the closer.

I'm hoping Jared Cranston can give some quality innings in relief along with Wertz and Foust. Cranston can be a very good middle guy but the verdict is still out.

If you mean will they stay consistent, I'd expect no less from the 1,2 and 3 as long as they stay healthy. Jensen can scare me sometimes.