done deal: ea sports ncaa baseball 06

PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

Screw_Michigan

done deal: ea sports ncaa baseball 06

Post by Screw_Michigan »

http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?id=mvpncaa

Sept. 7, 2005 – Electronic Arts announced today that MVP™ 06 NCAA® Baseball is in development and scheduled for release in spring 2006 under the EA SPORTS™ brand. This new version of the best-selling and critically acclaimed MVP Baseball™ franchise is being produced by Electronic Arts Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will celebrate everything that makes NCAA® baseball unique -- aluminum bats, intense action, and stadiums filled with school spirit and packed with passionate fans.

Get a first look at the game with our "back to school" video and screenshots.

From the same developers of the franchise that IGN earlier this year called the “best baseball experience on the market”, MVP 06 NCAA Baseball will debut new batting and throwing systems, the nation’s top universities and conferences, and a deep college-specific Dynasty Mode™ that takes you on the “Road to Omaha®” with baseball’s brightest young stars.

“We’re excited to be able to work with our partners at the NCAA to deliver the first-ever college baseball video game and our most innovative baseball product to date,” says Brent Nielsen, senior producer for the project. “Baseball purists and casual fans alike have flocked to the MVP Baseball franchise in record numbers year after year. We know MVP 06 NCAA Baseball will only grow that passion for the best baseball experience on the market.”

Complete with an engaging visual presentation and ESPN’s Mike Patrick and former Stanford All-American Kyle Peterson calling the action, MVP 06 NCAA Baseball features an all-new Custom Ballpark feature and a robust Create a Player option. The game also includes exclusive new online* features for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Xbox Live®.

“The excitement surrounding the College World Series and college baseball as a whole continues to rise with fan attendance and public interest increasing each year,” said Dennie Poppe, NCAA Managing Director for Baseball and Football. ”MVP 06 NCAA Baseball will allow fans an opportunity to experience college baseball through high tech video that has thrilling game action, along with the exciting team spirit and atmosphere that you see during an actual game. We’re pleased to work with EA on this project that will bring fans even closer to NCAA college baseball.”

“Electronic Arts has gone to great lengths to capture the unique features of college baseball,” said Pat Battle, Chief Executive Officer of The Collegiate Licensing Company. “We have heard tremendous positive feedback from the university athletic directors, conference commissioners and the baseball coaches. There is a great deal of momentum surrounding college baseball, and this project is another significant step forward.”

The game, which joins NCAA® Football and NCAA® March Madness® in the EA SPORTS™ family of popular NCAA-licensed properties, is slated to ship on the PlayStation 2 console and Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. Video and screenshots of the game can be found in the EA SPORTS.com Media Center.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I am in on that.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Nice.

Been wanting to see this news for years.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

In, can't wait to run the table with RICE.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Can't wait to beat Left Seater with Texas.

Seriously, this is sweet.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

What with our 5 games a year it should be a battle. Of course I will want Texas to win the opposite side of the bracket in Omaha so I can beat them in the final.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Being able to see FSU actually go all the way for once will be amazing...

Here is hoping I wont need a video game to see it after this coming year.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

This game comes out Jan. 19th. Just FYI.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Killian wrote:This game comes out Jan. 19th. Just FYI.
Yes, I know. I have already reserved and wife paid for mine (birthday present).

There are only going to be a handful of notable stadiums/Fields in the game such as Texass, Arizona State, LSU, Rosenblatt (sp?), ect. and four generics. EA says that if the game is even mildly successful they will continue to add more stadiums each year and update renovations on the ones already in the game until all the teams have their stadiums in the game.

The ESPN ticker for those hooked into the net with their console is looking SWEET!!!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

From another thread
Killian wrote:I'm going to get more into College Baseball this year. A lot of it will have to do with that new game, but the guy who runs ND's football site on scout always has great Irish baseball coverage. So I'll try to pop in here more.
People are saying this game is going to fail but I disagree. People love baseball and the 2k games are not wildly successful, in fact I really dislike them other than the NFL football game they put outbut Madden was still better. People like what EA does with their games. They have a proven formula for success. The addition of ESPN into their fold and the live ESPN ticker for both the games "going on your game at the same time" (comp sims) and live real life games from all sports provided by ESPN (if your hooked into the web with your console) will only add to this games marketability. I think this game will do well this year and even better next year when it comes back and there is an idea of where it is heading. I know this sounds a bit over zealous but this could be the nudge that College baseball needs to bring it back to the main stream American Sports fan and certainly the younger generations (28 and under). More and more adults are playing video games because we grew up with them. I know I certainly do. This game and the prospects for both the future of gaming and the future of college baseball excites me greatly.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Just read on USA Today that Texas will be on the cover. I guess that isn't much of a surprise given they were 05 champs and their huge national following.

Some screen shots would be sweet!
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

i'm sure you can get screen shots at gamespot.com or at easports.com
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I like the game and it was cheaper than most EA games on release.

About midway through the first season and it's going to be rough playing with Oklahoma.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

ND is no picnic either. I don't like the load and fire batting system, nor do I like the analog throwing. In my first game alone, I had 5 throwing errors.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

I only have a PC for gaming and I'm disappointed that neither this game nor the 2k6 mlb game will be available for PC.

This game sounded very intriguing and I'm not even a college baseball fan. I guess if it is succesful they'll develop it for PC buy why waste development money right? :meds: :twisted:
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

This game aint no joke.

First Baseball game I have played in years and the analog stick is straight killing me.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I'm doing pretty well. Built up Oklahoma from a 1 and 1/3 star program to a four star so far. Made it to the CWS in three of my four seasons and think this may be my season to breakthrough with the title.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

I have only played two games so far
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I only play my conference series and tournaments, OOC regular season games I use the coach option.

I don't think I have described my birthday present I received from my family and in laws but to say the least I can enjoy a game of baseball while my wife watches whatever she wants. :shock: :D :D :D

When we finally get moved back into the house I most likely won't have the comp in the same room as well though. :(