A step closer to the sharply worded note

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

A step closer to the sharply worded note

Post by Mister Bushice »

I don't see how economic or political sanctions would matter to Iran, but it sures seems like we're headed for a confrontation at some point in the future.
Agency: Iran Papers Are for an Atomic Bomb

By GEORGE JAHN, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 12 minutes ago

VIENNA, Austria - A document obtained by
Iran on the nuclear black market serves no other purpose than to make an atomic bomb, the
International Atomic Energy Agency said Tuesday.

The finding was made in a report prepared for presentation to the 35-nation IAEA board when it meets, starting Thursday, on whether to refer Iran to the U.N. Security Council, which has the power to impose economic and political sanctions on Iran.

The report was made available in full to The Associated Press.

First mention of the documents was made late last year in a longer IAEA report. At that time, the agency said only that the papers showed how to cast "enriched, natural and depleted uranium metal into hemispherical forms."

The agency refused to make a judgment on what possible uses such casts would have. But diplomats familiar with the probe into Iran's nuclear program said then that the papers apparently were instructions on how to mold highly enriched grade uranium into the core of warheads.

In the brief report obtained Tuesday, however, the agency said bluntly that the 15-page document showing how to cast fissile uranium into metal was "related to the fabrication of nuclear weapon components."

Asked about the finding, a senior diplomat close to the IAEA declined to elaborate but emphasized that the documents had no other use.

The report said the document was under agency seal, meaning that IAEA experts were able in theory to re-examine it, but "Iran has declined a request to provide the agency with a copy."

Diplomats familiar with the IAEA investigation of Iran said earlier Tuesday that part of the document recently was given to the agency in an effort to deflect building international momentum to report Iran to the Security Council. But the report did not mention Tehran handing over any papers.

The document was given to Iran by members of the nuclear black market network, the IAEA said. Iran has claimed it did not ask for the document but was given it anyway as part of other black market purchases.

The same network provided Libya with drawings of a crude nuclear bomb which that country handed over to the IAEA as part of its 2003 decision to scrap its atomic weapons program.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Like I said a couple of weeks ago a 10,000 megaton air burst over Tehran could eleviate this problem in a matter of seconds (exaggeration). The middle east needs more glass and a larger parking lot for our tanks to use.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

What economic sanctions might they be concerned about?

And I agree pressure needs to be put on them, and now. I just don't see some of the half ass world leaders backing any reasonable proposal.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Mister Bushice wrote:What economic sanctions might they be concerned about?
The ones China and India won't bother with.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:What economic sanctions might they be concerned about?
The ones China and India won't bother with.
Don't forget the Russians.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

oh, that's helpful.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

You folks figure out how to run your cars on something other than oil products recently?

No?

STFU.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

mvscal wrote:Check out all these born again war mongers...
You make the assumption that the only logical outcome of your panties getting in a twist is war. Sadly, the better option is to never let your panties get in a twist. Mr. "Bring 'em on" knows no diplomacy beyond "Its either my way or thousands of deaths and a massive burden on the American taxpayers."
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mv likes spending taxpayer money. All good little statists do.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

No doubt your shiny, new hawkishness will last about thirty seconds after the fighting starts.
You always did confuse stopping or controlling an international situation with outright war. Why does every international event have to end up with us at war?

Iran has to be stopped. Its the how that is not yet known. However, US storming the mosques should not be an option.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Mister Bushice wrote: However, US storming the mosques should not be an option.
No. Please do storm the mosques.

The thought of America collectively getting up in the morning and going to work riding
bicycles is hilarious.
Why don’t you just STFU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Martyred wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote: However, US storming the mosques should not be an option.
No. Please do storm the mosques.

The thought of America collectively getting up in the morning and going to work riding
bicycles is hilarious.
Yes because we rely so much on Iran for oil. :meds: There grand total of 0 barrels of oil a day helps us immensely. After our tanks are sitting on top of Tehran they will be able still be able to dictate their own oil policies. :meds:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

mvscal wrote:Ah yes...scamper to the corner and suck your thumb. It's the liberal way.
~yawn~
Always trying to assert their authority no matter the cost.

Solution:
Stop inserting yourself into every world conflict. Strike that; stop inserting yourself into every possible world conflict.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Mister Bushice wrote:

No doubt your shiny, new hawkishness will last about thirty seconds after the fighting starts.
You always did confuse stopping or controlling an international situation with outright war. Why does every international event have to end up with us at war?
It doesn't. But the threat of force must be there, and must be taken seriously to prevent said war. The fewer 'allies' stabbing us in the back, members of the minority party trying to play partisan games with the issue, and 'peace' protesters ranting in the streets, The less likely war actually is.

So far so good, at least on the U N front.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Now what?
you first......
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

no felix we know what mvscal would suggest. It has to do with bombs, and turning soil into glass.

I realize the Useless UN has to go through its motions, but in the end the roadblocks are the same: If it comes to a vote, china and russia will balk at any military action as they always do, and they will just bicker back and forth for months on end.

There is no easy solution, but If israel feels threatened, they may pull a bush and take unsanctioned or unsupported action.

They have ceftainly put themselves in a better positon to do so by pulling out of gaza and part of the west bank
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You've got it backwards, as usual.

Lots of us would like the decisions about engaging our military to be more wisely considered...but when our troops are engaged, we support those fighting.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Try answering the question, you fucking pussy.
you first.....
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

what part of " there is no easy solution" are you having trouble with?

Here's the way it will go:

we don't have the troops to go in.

We do have the miltary hardware to destroy targets.

I don't think we ourselves all alone should be making this decision.

therefore We have to go through the tedious UN process

in the end no one will fully agree and it will have become clear that iran IS producing nukes and not just planning to, Bush will announce to the world they have X amount of days to disarm or military action will be taken to ensure no nukes are produced.

The world will protest, but he will ignore them.

you take it from there.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:Nobody is talking to you.
So.......

answer the question......

What next......