SZ Forum rules

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Where the fuck do you think you are?
The Spin Zone. You clearly think you're here. You're not.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Variable wrote:
How long until people get seriously sick of this anal retentive bullshit?
And do what, act like adults engaging in intelligent give and take?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where the fuck do you think you are?
It's not a matter of where we are, it's a matter of what we want it to be.
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Re: SZ Forum rules

Post by Risa »

Mister Bushice wrote:After reading the other thread, and all the PMs I received on the subject, I think this set of minimal rules will benefit the forum without taking away from the discussions. It is not intended as Carte Blanche for mods to slash and burn - hell, we could do that now if we wanted to ;) , but obviously some changes were needed, if only to distinguish this forum from the others, and to cut down on the garbage that a disgruntled few enjoyed dumping here.

Very simply put:

1. No thread hijacking.
Dude, that's what's made the boards great :(
Why not just hand everyone a pair of
clippers at the door to castrate themselves
from the beginning?

2. No call out threads or non topic personal insult posts.
This is why America sucks. The Brits wouldn't stand for this shit.

A political board without call out threads is like
a sports board without call out threads. It sucks,
man. There are other places for gentility.

Why here? :(
Those will be moved to main street or removed, depending.
If you like the call outer but not the person called out, it stays;
if you don't like the call outer, or you like the person called out, it's removed?
C.Bickering should be kept at a minimum. It is in everyones best interest to maintain some thread integrity by not devolving into a circular pissing match with someone else, so don't do it.
Aiight.

See? That didn't hurt too much. You can hoist up your pants now, we're all done here. :)
You need a towel or a spittoon?
on a short leash, apparently.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Risa wrote: Dude, that's what's made the boards great :(
Why not just hand everyone a pair of
clippers at the door to castrate themselves
from the beginning?
If you'd read more often, you'd know that the tactic generally being addressed is when a poster has no comeback for an anti-Bush remark by another and comes back with "Oh yeah, well Clinton lied to a grand jury" and then the thread goes off and running about Clinton. It's only being done because some people lack the ability to stop yammering when proven wrong or nailed with the smackbat, so they try to spin and deflect. It's lame, tired, sucks and is nothing but a thread-killer.

This is why America sucks. The Brits wouldn't stand for this shit.

A political board without call out threads is like
a sports board without call out threads. It sucks,
man. There are other places for gentility.

Why here? :(
NFL forum has the same basic rule. Those type of threads belong on Main Street.
If you like the call outer but not the person called out, it stays;
if you don't like the call outer, or you like the person called out, it's removed?
What are we, in junior high?

If the thread has a subject of "Variable" and a message of "Fuck off", it will be removed. If it has a subject of "Variable" and a message of "You're a gigantic homo and here's why blah blah blah", it'll be moved to main street. Comprende?
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

If the thread has a subject of "Variable" and a message of "Fuck off", it will be removed. If it has a subject of "Variable" and a message of "You're a gigantic homo and here's why blah blah blah", it'll be moved to main street. Comprende?

How about if it suggests that Variable should quit hanging out with Bushice before he becomes a gigantic homo too?

Just curious.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

BOOOOOOO...GET OFF THE STAGE!!!

*Throws tomato*
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mister Bushice wrote: 1. No thread hijacking. Offending posts will be removed. Threads that naturally move from one topic to another will not be touched, for example if a thread starts out about bushs Stem cell beliefs and ends up discussing Bushs Economic policies, it'll stay. Unless it is obviously an intended hijack, like diverting from "Bushs religious beliefs" to "Civil war sexual practices of junior ranking officers" in mid stream for no reason. Those type of posts will be split but will most likely remain in the forum.
Does this apply when it is a lefty loon doing the hijacking after being asked (by the thread starter) to put it in another thread?

viewtopic.php?t=13399

Just curious.

ImageImage
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Tiny Infant wrote:goo goo waaaaahhh!!!
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Martyred wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote: 1. No thread hijacking. Offending posts will be removed. Threads that naturally move from one topic to another will not be touched, for example if a thread starts out about bushs Stem cell beliefs and ends up discussing Bushs Economic policies, it'll stay. Unless it is obviously an intended hijack, like diverting from "Rove's putting the wood to the lefties" to "Marty's reasons Jews suck, take 134." in mid stream for no reason. Those type of posts will be split but will most likely remain in the forum.
Does this apply when it is a lefty loon doing the hijacking after being asked (by the thread starter) to put it in another thread?

viewtopic.php?t=13399

Just curious.
No, we neocoms have to stick together.
Appearantly.

ImageImage
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Ah yes. A victim of your own posting style you are. I didn't bother to even read that thread of yours after opening it and seeing "semi long read" in annoying boldface in the first line, I moved on and didn't go back.

What was your problem again?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mister Bushice wrote:Ah yes. A victim of your own posting style you are. I didn't bother to even read that thread of yours after opening it and seeing "semi long read" in annoying boldface in the first line, I moved on and didn't go back.

What was your problem again?
Turning a discussion on presidentiall ethics (itself a lame attempt to divert from the thread subject, but I responded anyway) into an attack on Israel?

After being told I would respond if he put it in a new thread, the resident anti-semite decides to drop not one, but three lame posts on reasons to hate Israel into it.

ImageImage
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Sucks when people hijack yer threads, don't it?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mister Bushice wrote:Sucks when people hijack yer threads with the moderators' blessing, don't it?
Props on living down to my expectations.

Some 'rules' you have here....

ImageImage
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Yeah well seeing as how I only heard you cryin about it yesterday, a little taste of the exact kind of crap you've been pulling around here for the past year can only do you some good.

I'll look into it, but you don't exactly motivate me to hurry up about it.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Mister Bushice wrote:Yeah well seeing as how I only heard you cryin about it yesterday, a little taste of the exact kind of crap you've been pulling around here for the past year can only do you some good.
First of all, you're mistaken (to be polite). I don't hijack threads, and the way I generally respond to hijackers is to either link to another or just ignore them.

Which is one reason I posted here instead of playing Marty's game and responding in said thread, the other beng to find out if the 'rules' are going to be equitably enforced. That and I was giving you a chance to prove me wrong. No whining involved, either you fix the thread and I'll respond to marty's bullshit 'argument', or you don't and I ignore it. Win/win situation for me.

ImageImage
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Diogenes wrote:First of all, you're mistaken (to be polite). I don't hijack threads
Bullshit, your very posting style hijacks the thread.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

If by posting style you mean showing what moronic hypocrites you and your ilk are...

ImageImage
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Diogenes wrote:No whining involved, either you fix the thread and I'll respond to marty's bullshit 'argument', or you don't and I ignore it. Win/win situation for me.
Threats. Wow.

Anyhow...back to the topic:

You claimed Clinton (the war criminal) "prefered his campaign money...be exchanged for missile technology."

1. I stated it is Israel that is playing fast and loose with US military secrets in relation to China.

2. I backed it up with many links.

3. You claimed I "thread-jacked".

4. You then called me out to respond in the very same thread.

5. You then threw your pacifier out of the crib, and across the room, running to Bushice like a kindergartner that just had his fingerpaints tipped over.

You are an adult, right?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Martyred wrote: You are an adult, right?
Yes.

And you're still dense and predictable.

Either you didn't follow what my response was to Diego, in which case you're a total dimwit, or you did and were deliberatly trying to divert.

Either way, I said to put it in a new thread, if you actually think that crap is worthy of a response (which it wasn't, but I'm charitable).

Object lesson here, and you are it.

Don't like hijackers?

Make them move or don't respond period.

Edit- I could respond here to the 'substance' of your argument....

But that would be hijacking this thread, which is about the forum rules, not your obsessions.

ImageImage