Any of you trolls been to AUSTIN, TX?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

TenTallBen
No title requested

Any of you trolls been to AUSTIN, TX?

Post by TenTallBen »

Looking to make a long weekend roadie in Feb and looking for some suggestions on a nice place to stay. Never been there before but I've heard nothing but good things about it. ggil lives the I think but I don't see him post here much so I'm seeing if any of you fukkers can help a brotha out.

TIA.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Are you going to Texas by choice? If so, fuckin' why?
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Are you going to Texas by choice? If so, fuckin' why?
Because I live in Louisiana. The nearest weekend roadie alternatives are Neckissippi, Neckabama & Arkaneck.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

That's bad. I think I've got you beat though: Ohio, Indiana and Illinois (sans Chicago).
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

mvscal in 5,4,
mvscals blow monkey spunk
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That's bad. I think I've got you beat though: Ohio, Indiana and Illinois (sans Chicago).
Yeah, New Orleans was the choice weekend getaway before Katrina. Fuck that place now.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

TenTallBen wrote:Yeah, New Orleans was the choice weekend getaway before Katrina. Fuck that place now.
Heckuva place to take a family.
why is my neighborhood on fire
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
TenTallBen wrote:Yeah, New Orleans was the choice weekend getaway before Katrina. Fuck that place now.
Who said anything about taking a family?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

TenTallBen wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:
Who said anything about taking a family?
Dubya
why is my neighborhood on fire
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

had to laugh at that one. the shit that comes out of his mouth is just amazing.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Any of you trolls been to AUSTIN, TX?

Post by Goober McTuber »

TenTallBen wrote:Looking to make a long weekend roadie in Feb and looking for some suggestions on a nice place to stay. Never been there before but I've heard nothing but good things about it. ggil lives the I think but I don't see him post here much so I'm seeing if any of you fukkers can help a brotha out.

TIA.
Number 15 meanest city in the U S of A. You better have a place to stay.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... ties_x.htm
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

That article wrote:"They could have been taken off the mean list if they would have just done away with that ordinance," said Michael Stoops, acting director of the Washington-based National Coalition for the Homeless.
Oh, well in that case, Sarasota should have jumped.

Let me tell you a little bit about Michael Stoops. He started his advocacy-for-the-homeless deal here in Portland. Way back then, most found his methods to be a bit over the top, but his intentions seemed so pure...they weren't. Turns out old Stoops was setting up all of those homeless shelters, which placed emphasis on shelter for young homeless people...he was setting them up to lure in teen boys so he could...nevermind.

Sick sick individual, yet somehow the media is listening to this perv about something.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

TenTallBen wrote:Looking to make a long weekend roadie in Feb and looking for some suggestions on a nice place to stay. Never been there before but I've heard nothing but good things about it. ggil lives the I think but I don't see him post here much so I'm seeing if any of you fukkers can help a brotha out.

TIA.
Not me, but my wife has a LOVED IT!
One thing she always brings up about Austin is the bats. I guess it's an amazing sight to see, if you can get the chance.. I've also heard the music downtown is the best in the country. Look for a group called Iris, they are fantastic. A mix of Depeche Mode, New Order and the Cure.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

So Sarasota is being ridiculed for wanting to have a clean city and not smelly, drunk bums everywhere? WTF?? Sarasota is a nice tourist city w/ an affluent population and great beaches. I dont blame the city for wanting to keep the trash out. If Bums want a safe haven they should go south to Miami or north to NY.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I lived in Sarasota for 11 years. Great town. Have no desire to go back.
UCant Unretires Again

Post by UCant Unretires Again »

TenTallBen wrote:Any of you trolls been to AUSTIN, TX?
You mean... Austin... Austin, Massachusetts?

Sin,

Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That's bad. I think I've got you beat though: Ohio, Indiana and Illinois (sans Chicago).
what, michigan and wisconsin are not good enough for you? :evil:
on a short leash, apparently.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Where are all the Houston trools today???
Risa
nubian napalm - numidian princess

Post by Risa »

Dinsdale wrote:Let me tell you a little bit about Michael Stoops. He started his advocacy-for-the-homeless deal here in Portland. Way back then, most found his methods to be a bit over the top, but his intentions seemed so pure...they weren't. Turns out old Stoops was setting up all of those homeless shelters, which placed emphasis on shelter for young homeless people...he was setting them up to lure in teen boys so he could...nevermind.

Sick sick individual, yet somehow the media is listening to this perv about something.
so he didn't have the patience to become a priest, politician or pot dealer like everyone else? :?

how long ago was this before the internet?
on a short leash, apparently.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I might find myself in Texas sometime soon...my sister lives in Houston (don't go there :lol: ). I might take some time off work and visit down there but I don't know if I'll make my over to Austin though.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
That article wrote:"They could have been taken off the mean list if they would have just done away with that ordinance," said Michael Stoops, acting director of the Washington-based National Coalition for the Homeless.
Oh, well in that case, Sarasota should have jumped.

Let me tell you a little bit about Michael Stoops. He started his advocacy-for-the-homeless deal here in Portland. Way back then, most found his methods to be a bit over the top, but his intentions seemed so pure...they weren't. Turns out old Stoops was setting up all of those homeless shelters, which placed emphasis on shelter for young homeless people...he was setting them up to lure in teen boys so he could...nevermind.

So he was playing Stoops tag with the clientele?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

TenTallBen wrote:Where are all the Houston trools today???
Buying real estate in New Orleans? :meds:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Let me tell you a little bit about Michael Stoops. He started his advocacy-for-the-homeless deal here in Portland. Way back then, most found his methods to be a bit over the top, but his intentions seemed so pure...they weren't. Turns out old Stoops was setting up all of those homeless shelters, which placed emphasis on shelter for young homeless people...he was setting them up to lure in teen boys so he could...nevermind.
Years later, a young aspiring songwriter with a history of depression and drug dependency would wander into one of Stoops shelters and, just as the young man was about to pull down his trousers, Stoops said "nevermind" and walked away.

And that is how grunge was born in the U&L.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

TIA.
Assuming you wanted to stay downtown close to 6th street,warehouse district and South Congress the historic hotels Driskell and Stephen F Austin are very nice. On South Congress there is a hotel called Hotel San Jose that is also very cool, has a great bar to hang out in and watch the bums walk down SoCo. Also downtown there are all your chain hotels, Omni, Mariott, 4 Seasons and Hilton to name a few. Asfar as the bats go they are on vacation in Mexico for the winter so have to come back in May to see them.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

I stayed at the Marriot some years ago, played golf at Barton Creek, and hit the music scene downtown. The music scene was great.

Memphis is a piece of shit, but the downtown music /club thing was awesome.

Austin seemed to be a nice place to me. I spent about 5 days there.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

TIA.
Haven't you ever heard of... "Just Wingin' it"???

Half the fun of travelin'... is it's your experience.

Fuckin' Sheep... needin' to have everything in life planned out for them!

Something tells me... TTB is gonna also need a map to find his way there.

m2
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

ttb I lived there from 89-2000 and go back for holidays and to see parents.

If I were you I'd stay in downtown at a hotel near the congress street bridge so you are easy walking distance to all the major clubs, the stevie ray statue, and to watch the bats come out at night. Also, no matter what you do the other days it is almost manadatory for you to experience the Alamo Drafthouse http://www.alamodrafthouse.com/
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Got reservations at the Raddison downtown. All the really nice places were too damn expensive and I wanted to have some money leftover to party with. That and I just booked another trip for easter to L.A. so funds are tight.

I'll be in Austin for four nights Mardi Gras weekend (we get holiday pay for that shit which is why I'm getting out of town) so if anybody has some suggestions on what to do, post em here.

Oh, and m2, feel free to go fuck yourself because I plan on "winging it" just want some input from some who might have been there before me.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Like many cities Austin will have Mardi Gras festivites going on that weekend including parades and the "designated flashing areas" stages that are put up and maned by police to keep the teets safe. Best place to be during that time is one of the many roof top bars on 6th street.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

txangler74 wrote:Like many cities Austin will have Mardi Gras festivites going on that weekend including parades and the "designated flashing areas" stages that are put up and maned by police to keep the teets safe. Best place to be during that time is one of the many roof top bars on 6th street.
Well RACK you for the help but who are you and why do you only have two posts? Trolling? Either way, I appreciate the advice and I'll see you next month!
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

6th Street used to be a great place to go. I lived in Austin from 94-01. The Library was cool, as was Emo's, Pete's, and Maggie Mae's. If you don't want to hang out on 6th go over to 4th. The Gingerbread man is good as is Fado's. Lots of great eye candy in Austin.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

TenTallBen wrote:
txangler74 wrote:Like many cities Austin will have Mardi Gras festivites going on that weekend including parades and the "designated flashing areas" stages that are put up and maned by police to keep the teets safe. Best place to be during that time is one of the many roof top bars on 6th street.
Well RACK you for the help but who are you and why do you only have two posts? Trolling? Either way, I appreciate the advice and I'll see you next month!
not trolling just a lurker and my last handle was nuked for lack of activity.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Harvdog wrote:6th Street used to be a great place to go. I lived in Austin from 94-01. The Library was cool, as was Emo's, Pete's, and Maggie Mae's. If you don't want to hang out on 6th go over to 4th. The Gingerbread man is good as is Fado's. Lots of great eye candy in Austin.
The Gingerman is pretty cool to.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

I've been to Austin before when I lived in San Antonio.

My recommendation.... go to San Antonio!!

Riverwalk, 6 Flags, Mexican Food (right next to Vet Clinic).

I googled San Antonio and this was the first pic.....

Go to san Antonio (without the family!!)

(They would ruin the picture...)

TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

^retard^
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

TenTallBen wrote:^retard^

Sorry! Didn't know you weren't into hot women!>

Not that there's anything wrong with that.... :?

I liked San Antonio more than Austin...

but I guess that makes me a retard!!

San Antonio

Austin
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

The reason you are a retard is because you bring zero help to this thread. When I decide to make a trip to San Antonio I'll be sure to hit you up, but until then let's try to stay on topic.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Careful in regards to some parts of 6th street. There are a lot of garage/ punk type venues on Red River st that runs from 6th to about 8th streets. The Salvation Army HQ sits at 8th/ Red River. It is hobo central with TONS of drug deals. Not the greatest part of town. Plus the police presence can be thick, which can be good, but some of the bike cops have no tolerance and like to write tickets or throw you butt in jail. Your best bet is to take a cab and not go solo. Being close to that area do yourself a favor and head up the hillat 7th and IH35 for some tex-mex grub at Angi's.
Mississippi Neck
I'm your Huckleberry

Post by Mississippi Neck »

TTB,

I've gone there a lot in the past on business...and since my refugee status (sorry Jessie J) in Houston, I head there quite often.

Best Grub: The Salt Lick BBQ....about 20 mins from Austin in a small crossroads called Driftwood. Ribs are to DIE for...

Best Blues bar: Antones

Best bar to pick up drunk college wimmin..Carlos N Charlies on Lake Travis.

These are a few of my favorite things...
maverick. maverick. maverick. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush. 8 yrs of Bush.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

a lil late but how was yer trip.
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman