SuperBowl Foods

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Jack
enigma

SuperBowl Foods

Post by Jack »

What are you gonna eat before and during the game?

Chili,
Pizza,
Chicken Wings
Nachos?

I'll have a Jack and Coke, some Sandwiches and chips!

Is this post acceptable??
Does it require a (!), (M), (G), (SB), (¤) or a movement???
Last edited by Jack on Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

moved in 5,4,
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Bill-DC
Crack Whore

Post by Bill-DC »

I took the day off from work next Monday and am hosting between fifteen and twenty. I plan to use the grill for chicken, steak, burgers and dogs. Damn twenty four degrees and possible snow, I'm firing that sucker up.

DirecTV has been installed and I've got two tv's hooked up. One in my living room and one in the basement.

I'll have the usual staples: Beer, chips, pizza and whatever other junk people bring.

Rack my first Super Bowl Sunday in my new casa.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

The Grill is an excellent idea!!

It don't matter how cold! Last year we had a grill and a Patio Fire in the Pit to keep us warm.. pre game and half time!!

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'm moving this thread about food to the cooking forum.
--PSUFAN
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

So far, my super bowl party will have bruschetta, a platter of roasted vegetables, an array of greek dips and pita chips, potato skins, some sort of sausage situation, a cake (or cupcakes), fancifully-decorated... beer, wine, soda, water... the menu is not yet solidified and is subject to change!
Miss Conduct
Keeper of the Quarters

Post by Miss Conduct »

Chili dogs are usually a standard at our house during Super Bowl. Not sure what I'm gonna do this year. I'll decide when I go grocery shopping this week. :?
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Red
Elwood

Post by Red »

Fried Mozzarella Sticks; Because nothing beats fried cheese:

1 block Mozzarella Cheese
1 egg
splash of milk
1 cup or so of seasoned bread crumbs

Heat deep fryer to 350*.

In a bowl, beat the egg with a little milk. Cut the cheese (huh, huh Beavis) into approximately 1/2" X 1/2" X 2" blocks. Dip cheese block into egg wash and then toss with breadcrumbs to coat. Put back into egg wash and again into breadcrumbs to coat.

Fry for 4-5 minutes until nice and brown. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.

Hot wings recipe to come soon...
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

I've finally got my superbowl menu in place. It's Texas, It's BBQ!

BBQ Beef Short Ribs. I basically remove the membrane and soak them in Coke, Garlic, liquid smoke and various and sundry spices overnight. Dump the coke, toss the ribs on a med high grill, turning every 5 minutes, and dipping them in a fresh coke dip at each turn. Once the sugar starts to carmelize, and the ribs are seared I'll toss them on the smoker for 5 to 6 hours and finish them off in the last hour with a light BBQ sauce.

Chicken. I'm using fryer quarters. Coat with EVOO, Garlic Salt, Seasoning salt, and Tony Cacheres (light amount because of the kids) To them on the smoker for about 2 hours.

Sausage If you don't know how to grill sausage, jump in to the chipper/shredder now!

German style Potatoe Salad.

The OL does a nice day before salad.

I'm also baking some Baguettes for a cheese fondue.

1/2 pound imported Swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
1 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon kirschwasser
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 Teaspoon nutmeg

In a small bowl, coat the cheeses with cornstarch. Rub the inside of a saucepan with the garlic, then discard. Over medium heat, add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer. Gradually stir the cheese into the simmering liquid. Don't dump all the cheese in at once or you'll have lumpy shit!. Once smooth, stir in kirschwasser , Dry mustard and nutmeg. I'm serving this in a chaffing dish rather than a fondue pot.

Then the OL will do a variety of veggie and relish trays.

We also do some rollups with Cream cheese, Ham, and tortillas. Smear tortilla with cream cheese (we mix a diced garlic and fresh diced chives in the cream cheese) drop ham on top. Roll, and slice.

For dessert... BOOZE!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Headhunter wrote: I'm also baking some Baguettes for a cheese fondue.
Admins -- HH's nic has been hijacked by a flaming homosexual. Please reset the password, and suggest that the hijacker attend Superbowl at pp's house.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Dude, you got no idea what you're missing. Easy to make, goes over huge on the appetizer table. I guarantee, you'd loose a few more hairs while hovering over it.

Plus, some big manly beef ribs make up for any loafer lightening!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Rack all of these recipes. Super Bowl Sunday is the holiday of the gluttons.
Baceña

Post by Baceña »

Bill-DC wrote:I took the day off from work next Monday and am hosting between fifteen and twenty. I plan to use the grill for chicken, steak, burgers and dogs. Damn twenty four degrees and possible snow, I'm firing that sucker up.

DirecTV has been installed and I've got two tv's hooked up. One in my living room and one in the basement.

I'll have the usual staples: Beer, chips, pizza and whatever other junk people bring.

Rack my first Super Bowl Sunday in my new casa.
RACK!

put out some good tequila with a bowlful of limes!