PING!

The Tourney has begun!

Moderators: Left Seater, Mr T

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

was very sweet indeed. Props to Florida for playing a great CWS. We lose 4 starters but I thik we will be back next year.

I think Augie showed that he is the best coach in the college game. Great pitching, defense, and fundamentals win championships.

RACK THE HORNS
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Congrats Harv and Vito :?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Congrats Harv and Vito :?
Thanks for the love and for the Karma before the series :P

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

congrats, now youre only 6 behind USC

Like to see Garrido come home to Southern California and coach the USC Trojans, well that and the NCAA stop this ridiculous scholarship limit of 11 for a baseball program. Give baseball 25 scholarships to work with, 11 schollarships would be like allowing a college football program only 23 scholarships
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:congrats, now youre only 6 behind USC

USC has won what one of those in the last 25 years and only seen the title game twice in that time span. Congrats for just making yourself the texass football fan version of the NCAA baseball forum. Texass has 4 or 5 straight appearances now and seven title game appearance in the last 25 years winning three of those. In case you haven't noticed its not the seventies anymore ;) and Texass has more appearances in the CWS than USC.

Damn I feel dirty for defending tejass. Time to go take a shower :?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

^^^

Proof that the Apocalypse is upon us. :shock:
Last edited by PrimeX on Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Wow. I newer thought I would see that :wink:
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Go figure a trojan fan living in the past.

Congrats to Texas!
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Title ix has all but killed off not just USC baseball, but baseball at all private schools.
The Trojans can not compete locally when they are only allowed 11 scholarships. A player can go to Fullerton on a quarter scholarship and have his parents only worry about paying 1600 dollars for the entire school year. That same player who could be given a half scholarship to play for USC would still leave his parents with a 18,000 dollar bill.
Division 1 baseball teams carry about 30 players, trying to stretch 11 scholarships over those 30+ players simply does not work. Stop handicapping private schools with scholarship limits as ridiculous as the 11 alloted to d1 baseball programs.

congrats to Texas on the win but let's see the NCAA make the playing field level for everyone
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Title ix has all but killed off not just USC baseball, but baseball at all private schools.
The Trojans can not compete locally when they are only allowed 11 scholarships. A player can go to Fullerton on a quarter scholarship and have his parents only worry about paying 1600 dollars for the entire school year. That same player who could be given a half scholarship to play for USC would still leave his parents with a 18,000 dollar bill.
Division 1 baseball teams carry about 30 players, trying to stretch 11 scholarships over those 30+ players simply does not work. Stop handicapping private schools with scholarship limits as ridiculous as the 11 alloted to d1 baseball programs.

congrats to Texas on the win but let's see the NCAA make the playing field level for everyone
Yeah its just about impossible for a private school to survive in the current climate of college athletics.

Sin,

Miami (Fla.), Rice, Stanford, and Pepperdine. :roll:

Keep the idiotic excuses coming; football season is still two months off and its going to be a long off season with the way the OU coaching situation is developing. I'd enjoy nothing more than having someone to pistol whip around the forum for a few weeks. :D
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Miami won 2 in 3 years, Rice has won one title ever, Stanford hasn't won a title since 1988 and Pepperdine has won one title ever and that was 13 years ago.

also Rice is about 21k, Miami is about 29k which is still lower than the cost to go to USC (33k for tuition). Stanford and Pepperdine are both closer to USC's cost but both produce their financial assistance packages before national letter day for baseball, USC normally waits until after that day so they can match or better Pepperdine and Stanford. I dont know when Miami comes out with their financial assistance packages
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Congrats to the Horns.

UF has one lone senior. I think they'll be damn good next year.

UT got smoked last year then won it this year.

We'll see.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Miami won 2 in 3 years, Rice has won one title ever, Stanford hasn't won a title since 1988 and Pepperdine has won one title ever and that was 13 years ago.

also Rice is about 21k, Miami is about 29k which is still lower than the cost to go to USC (33k for tuition). Stanford and Pepperdine are both closer to USC's cost but both produce their financial assistance packages before national letter day for baseball, USC normally waits until after that day so they can match or better Pepperdine and Stanford. I dont know when Miami comes out with their financial assistance packages
Rice and Miami are consistantly in the CWS as well. Comparing 29k to 31k is minimal after scholarships are factored in. Miami also has just as many state colleges to compete against recruiting wise.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

what other colleges in Southern Florida are competitve in baseball..... within 20 miles of USC there is UCLA, Cal St Fullerton, Long Beach State and Pepperdine. Within 20 miles of Miami there is......?
You can either argue just for the sake of arguing or admit that 11 scholarships is far from enough to field a baseball team and that there is obviously going to be an advantage to a school that can give a player a half a scholarship and leave him with an 800 dollar expense to a half a scholarship and leave him with a 17,000 dollar expense
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

SoCalTrjn wrote:what other colleges in Southern Florida are competitve in baseball..... within 20 miles of USC there is UCLA, Cal St Fullerton, Long Beach State and Pepperdine. Within 20 miles of Miami there is......?
You can either argue just for the sake of arguing or admit that 11 scholarships is far from enough to field a baseball team and that there is obviously going to be an advantage to a school that can give a player a half a scholarship and leave him with an 800 dollar expense to a half a scholarship and leave him with a 17,000 dollar expense
FAU
FIU
UCF - Orlando
USF - Tampa
UF
FSU
UM

All pretty competitive.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

T REX wrote:
SoCalTrjn wrote:what other colleges in Southern Florida are competitve in baseball..... within 20 miles of USC there is UCLA, Cal St Fullerton, Long Beach State and Pepperdine. Within 20 miles of Miami there is......?
FAU
FIU
UCF - Orlando
USF - Tampa
UF
FSU
UM

All pretty competitive.
Thanks T Rex.

I wonder if this guy can shove his foot any further in his mouth?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

also Rice is about 21k, Miami is about 29k which is still lower than the cost to go to USC (33k for tuition)
So why pay more to go to USC when you can go to RICE for about 1/3 the cost and get a better education?

Oh, and furthermore USC can "take" some baseball players that RICE can't even look at. So all in all the playing field is pretty darn level.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
T REX wrote:
FAU
FIU
UCF - Orlando
USF - Tampa
UF
FSU
UM

All pretty competitive.
Thanks T Rex.

Huh? I coudl give a shit what your argument is.....I just gave you a list of schools. Whether it helps or not......whatever.

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

T REX wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
T REX wrote: FAU
FIU
UCF - Orlando
USF - Tampa
UF
FSU
UM

All pretty competitive.
Thanks T Rex.

Huh? I coudl give a shit what your argument is.....I just gave you a list of schools. Whether it helps or not......whatever.
All that was needed was that list ;).

Thats all I was going to post before I noticed you already beat me to it.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

and all of those schools are within 20 miles of Miami, have won national titles or hosted regionals or have been in the top 10 in the last 2 or 3 years?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

SoCalTrjn wrote:and all of those schools are within 20 miles of Miami, have won national titles or hosted regionals or have been in the top 10 in the last 2 or 3 years?
Not all are within 20 miles but all are damn close and if your trying to compare UCLA and Peperdine as nice as their programs are to Florida and Florida State... Bwahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

hold on... Bwahahahahahahahaha
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I believe the 11 scholarship rule is BS. I played ball w/ guys in HS who were being offered from both FSU and Miami but chose FSU just b/c they only had to pay $1200 as compared to like $13k at Miami. Miami, Stanford and Rice havent used that as an excuse though to go out and field a championship caliber team, year in and year out. Yeah, it sucks, but financial assistance is available and if they want a player truly bad enough, they will offer him a full ride.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cicero wrote:I believe the 11 scholarship rule is BS. I played ball w/ guys in HS who were being offered from both FSU and Miami but chose FSU just b/c they only had to pay $1200 as compared to like $13k at Miami. Miami, Stanford and Rice havent used that as an excuse though to go out and field a championship caliber team, year in and year out. Yeah, it sucks, but financial assistance is available and if they want a player truly bad enough, they will offer him a full ride.
For some reason I was just reading this shit again for shits and giggle but hadn't noticed this before.

Kids don't get a full ride in baseball anymore unless the program has a desire to be screwed the next three to four years in their line up or rotation. The best players MIGHT get offered 75% schollie and that is a pretty damn hefty 'ship that could saddle down a program for multiple years.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

At many schools if a player does well in the class room they often get moved to a grant or some other type of scholly so as to free up the baseball scholly for recruiting.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.