Call your shot, maggots! Rose Bowl predictions...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Uhm yeah, VY has had a more storied CFB career than Steve McNair.

Alrighty then. My record book says something completely different, but if it makes the next 24 hours any easier for you to take, then go right ahead.

I don't have to argue against your take. You'll be doing it for me come thursday.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

well,

i know Brad Smith(who has nowhere near the talent any of the heisman hopefulls have) has close to 41 records.

the list goes on and on for Brad. 41 records team,conference and NCAA records? All with marginal talent and clueless coaching around him!

8K+ passing
4K + rushing Noone has ever accomplished the feat, NOONE

2 years of 2Kpassing and 1K rushing NOONE has ever done it 2 times in career.

only 1 person has ever been involved in tds in his career(passing,rushing,recieveing) Matt Leinhart is #1 alltime, Smith is 2nd!

But Vince is Greatest ever. let's not remember the past 2 years, just this one that feeds your ignorant agenda :meds: :meds: :meds:

And i would never, ever put Smith in best alltime talk. This was a 2 star kid who overachieved and accomplished a ton at MU. inept coaching was his ruin.
Last edited by Adelpiero on Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Texas fan has said thousands of short-sighted myopic shit over the years on these boards...but Vince Young, greatest dual threat ever??!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

You do realize that CFB is played all over the country for well over a hundred years don't you?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

SuC - 42

Bevo - 17
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

I think USC's first possession of the game is going to be a huge factor. If USC scores on their first possession, Texas is going to have to wonder if maybe they should believe the USC hype.

I believe Vince Young is going to have a field day on SC's defense. Texas will be able to exchange blows, offensively, with USC's great offense all night long thanks to SC's porous D.

Texas' D is going to eventually slow down SC and Bush is going to find the going tough against a very athletic D that's going to smack him in the mouth the first time he tries to take it outside.

My call: Texas 49 USC 35

I can't wait for this game!
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Having seen plenty of Texas games this year... I will say this is the best the Big 12 has had to offer in a long, long time.

If $C lets VY run and doesn't stay in their lanes on defensive assignments... it's gonna be a long day for $C, since Texas feeds off the MO!

I'd have to give the edge to Texas... this is a extremely talented team that flys all over the field.

That being said... Petey is a Bay Area boy, which makes him just about 10 times smarter than most... and he wont let VY run around the Rose Bowl like a Michigan team would.

I see $C by 21... give or take a point.

m2
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Texa wins 38-31. Bush gets some yards but really ends up looking rather ordinary after facing a decent defense. Texas scores on blocked punt and punt return. Those end up being huge late in the game. Texas has way too much talent and heart this year for Macks game day decisions to be a factor. The Texas D will harrass Leinart all dya ,but get burned deep a few times. The over hyped media darling will not 3 peat, but even after a Texas win all eyes will point to what USC did to lose it and very little credit will still be given to Texas for being just as good, if not better. This game has me so jacked I'm almost willing to forgo a sig bet and up the ante to a suicide pact.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

USC 45
Texas 31
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Horns - 44
USC - 41
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

USCfan arrogance is a given. But what has astounded me is listening to the various national radio programs and listening to all the hosts and callers who are picking Texas not just to win, but to blowout SC. It's made for some very good laughs. Texas is a fine team, but what have they done in recent history to make ANYONE think they'll blowout SC? It's insane.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:USCfan arrogance is a given. But what has astounded me is listening to the various national radio programs and listening to all the hosts and callers who are picking Texas not just to win, but to blowout SC. It's made for some very good laughs. Texas is a fine team, but what have they done in recent history to make ANYONE think they'll blowout SC? It's insane.

The only way Texas will win is if Vince played like he did in last year's Rose Bowl...carry the team on his back and make huge plays with his feet. This is the weakest defense USC has had in the three year run so it's possible Young will break a few runs and make some highlight reel plays. They just don't have the same talent on offense as USC. I see Bush putting up almost 300 all-purpose yards and the Longhorns not having answer. The pressure isn't on Leinart...he just needs to be his usual efficient self. He's got lots of targets to throw to and he justs needs to avoid any silly mistakes. I like USC by just a touchdown but I think they can win this by two or three scores easily.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I've heard a few pundits predict a Texas win but I've yet to hear anybody predict a Texas blowout of USC...

Conversely, I've heard quite a few people predict a USC blowout of Texas. Even in this thread the few Texas supporters (nearly all of whom are Big XII honks or axe grinding LSU fans like Jsc and TTB) aren't predicting a Texas blowout. Meanwhile, check out all the 20+ point USC blow out predictions...
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I don't buy Texas' talent being vastly inferior to that of SC. Recruiting speed and talent isn't exactly something Texas struggles with on a yearly basis. In fact, from what I've seen, I think their team speed matches USC. A team with such rich tradition as Texas doesn't have to scour the nooks and crannies of the southwest to find talent. The talent comes to them. It's what the coaches DO with all that talent that has me skeptical of a Texas win.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I would give Texas more a chance if they're defense was on par with an Ohio State or Alabama but we saw last year what USC's offense did to a supposedly tough defense in Oklahoma. The only team that can stop USC is USC. Carroll just lets his guys play and they don't make enough mistakes for a team to beat them and we've yet to see Bush get slowed down by anyone. We've at least seen Young show some vulnerability.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Well, to Young's credit, he's naturally going to show more vulnerability than Reggie Bush, because he's going to be given more opportunities to fail. He handles the ball much more than Bush and Bush splits time with another back, or he can sit back and let Leinart take over (though I do realize Bush lines up at other positions).
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

UT - 31
USC - 24
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

UT - 31
USC - 49
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Shoalzie wrote:I would give Texas more a chance if they're defense was on par with an Ohio State or Alabama but we saw last year what USC's offense did to a supposedly tough defense in Oklahoma. The only team that can stop USC is USC. Carroll just lets his guys play and they don't make enough mistakes for a team to beat them and we've yet to see Bush get slowed down by anyone. We've at least seen Young show some vulnerability.

Ok... Things are getting a bit outta hand here!!!

I know a bunch of you know nothing about PAC 10 football... especially CAL!!!

I'll let you in on a little secret that only Cal and the rest of the PAC 10 teams know about CAL.

They own Reggie Bush, and they shut him down Cold!!!

Reggie Bush...vs. CAL

Total yards rushing and receiving... 122 yards total

Yep 122 yards rushing and receiving!!!

Oh, wait... I forgot to mention...

That's 122 total rushing and receiving yards for all 3 years' he's played against CAL!!!

2003... 7 yards rushing and receiving!!!

2004... 29 yards rushing and receiving!!!

2005... 85 yards rushing and receiving!!!

In a few hours, we'll see how good a coach Mack Brown is... and if he has done his homework!!!

If Reggie Bush runs crazy and $C blows out Texas... Mack Brown should be fired on the spot!!!

He'll have had over a month to view the game tapes of CAL vs. $C...

Just some facts for those that think Reggie Bush is the best ever... and can't be stopped!!!

the truth
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

Vince Young will kiss 6 dudes, but will get kissed by 11 dudes.
Reggie Bush will kiss 8 dudes and won't get kissed at all even though he'll be running all over the fucking place trying to get a smooch or two.
Matt Leinart will get kissed by so many dudes that it will be impossible to keep count, but he won't liplock with any other spandex beefcake on the field unless the assfucking of Henry Winkler on the sidelines counts.

6-11+8= USC by 3
When life hands you a park steak, you'd better motherfucking ISSUE it.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
MClub
Elwood

Post by MClub »

i was going to offer a prediction (low scoring at that), but why follow that ^^^^
Bring back John Cooper!!! He's the only OSU coach we've had a winning record against since the Korean War!
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I know. Good reads outta that guy.
why is my neighborhood on fire
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Texas 27
USC 24

I'm hoping for a close game. I consider myself somewhat of a Rose Bowl historian (watched just about the whole damn marathon this past weekend), and the score of this game almost always eerily resembles one of a past year (38-31, 21-16, 34-14, 20-17, 17-10). Since I already picked 51 total points, I will stick with that, but don't be surprised if the final score is one of those ^^.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

campinfool wrote:Bush gets some yards but really ends up looking rather ordinary after facing a decent defense.
Can't...stop...laughing...

Uhm yeah dude, Reggie only won the Heisman because he only faced bad defenses, and since Texas has actually monopolized defense in D1, it's goping to change everything.

Consider your "C-a-m-p-i-n" revoked.

Unbelievable.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Should be a great game

Texas 31
USC 27
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

With four weeks to heal and prepare, USC's unheralded defense will rule the day (See UCLA game with two weeks to prepare). The final score will make it look closer than it really was.

USC - 42
Texas - 21

The post game commentary will center aound above mentioned defense returning almost intact and talks of a four-peat.
mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Seriously - I think we need a different approach - strong, intelligent, principled, and fresh. Obama seems to fit the bill for me best at this point.
Then you are a fucking fool. Straight up. Obama is the dumbest motherfucker who has ever run for President.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Van wrote:
diT wrote:UT 37
USC 34
Dude, you know your heart ain't in that pick...

:lol:
dude,you're right!
im going against all things decent by going with Texas :x
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

You're also hoping for a little Big XII payback...

Aggie Gal
Certified Thinker™

Post by Aggie Gal »

I think USC scores early and often. Texas stages a 2nd half comeback but falls short due to a couple of interceptions.

At least, that's what Miss Cleo told me.

USC 38
Texas 31

Win or lose, Mack weeps.
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Watching ESPN Gameday right now... Who's USC playing tonight?

I didn't catch it anywhere on the show.

Poetic justice when SC gets bitched tonight. Grabbing my second beer right now. 8)
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Husker4ever wrote:Watching ESPN Gameday right now... Who's USC playing tonight?

Poetic justice when SC gets bitched tonight. Grabbing my second beer right now. 8)
No fucking way!

Rack the return of Husker4ever!

Where the hell have you been???
"Keys, woman!"
Shawn Marion
Elwood

Post by Shawn Marion »

Texas - 49
USC - 34
8-1 feels so much better than 2-10-1
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

Goddamn.

USC. Cable sweater wearing, pinky raising, daddie's portfolio oggling, fucking PUS-EEES, PUSSIES.
Texas. Dirt farming, cowfucking, language mutilating, ID-EYE-UTS, IDIOTS.

I'll be in a hottub tearing through gash like a fucking lawnmower.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Moorese
Lancing the lovelies

Post by Moorese »

Teeheehee.

Just kidding.

South Carolina 31, Tennessee 17.

- - -

Liberate Cascadia!
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
Husker4ever wrote:Watching ESPN Gameday right now... Who's USC playing tonight?

No fucking way!

Rack the return of Husker4ever!

Where the hell have you been???
I knew a Husker obsessed Buff fan would be the first to catch it 8) It's been a hectic and stressful last couple of years to say the least.

New career....was going to get married...that went to shit...now we're talking about it again. I've stopped in every now and then. When Nebraska went west coast...that just added to the turmoil in my life :lol:

It's good to be back in. All you fuckers rock and this is the place to go if you love the college game.

SC just came out the tunnel...... Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Texas by 10.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Texas 24
USC 20
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PSUFAN wrote:UT: 38
USC: 31
I guess I was on the right track.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It's eventually going to really bother me that USC had a twelve point lead with only six minutes to go to achieve history and they let it slip away via the prevent defense...

Right now I'm fairly well okay with it. There's been so much "good" associated with being a USC fan lately; so much that I never thought we'd ever get to enjoy again after two decades of mediocrity.

Lotta good will stored up in there now; sorta provides the necessary salve at the moment.

I have a feeling though that when I'm seventy this is going to eat at me like memories of my first wife...

Just pure, unadulterated pebble in your mental shoe stuff, an eternal cosmic irritant.

I may never be in a truly and completely good mood again. :-)

M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

m2 wrote:Having seen plenty of Texas games this year... I will say this is the best the Big 12 has had to offer in a long, long time.

If $C lets VY run and doesn't stay in their lanes on defensive assignments... it's gonna be a long day for $C, since Texas feeds off the MO!

I'd have to give the edge to Texas... this is a extremely talented team that flys all over the field.

That being said... Petey is a Bay Area boy, which makes him just about 10 times smarter than most... and he wont let VY run around the Rose Bowl like a Michigan team would.

I see $C by 21... give or take a point.

m2

Kinda right...

m2
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Van wrote:Just pure, unadulterated kidney stone in your mental shoe stuff, an eternal cosmic irritant.
Fixed.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.