Congrats Longhorns

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Congrats Longhorns

Post by SunCoastSooner »

:!:

I don't know how I'll feel about it tomorrow, next week, or years from now but tonight even I, a hard core Sooner, was proud of the way you guys performed this evenning. Hell of game :!:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I agree. I thought they had run out of gas, but they managed to hold when they had to at the end. Helluva effort...
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Congrats Texas.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Re: Congrats Longhorns

Post by Harvdog »

SunCoastSooner wrote::!:

I don't know how I'll feel about it tomorrow, next week, or years from now but tonight even I, a hard core Sooner, was proud of the way you guys performed this evenning. Hell of game :!:

We appreciate it. It has been a long time coming. I guess the monkey is off the proverbial back. :P
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Congrats Longhorns

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Harvdog wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote::!:

We appreciate it. It has been a long time coming. I guess the monkey is off the proverbial back. :P
One more and you catch Nebraska for second place in the conference. :wink: :twisted:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Props to VY and Texas. A job well done.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I am not afraid to say it: All Hail the Greatness That is Texas.

I now officially retire my signature.
Last edited by L45B on Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

^^^

Best.

Post.

Ever.

I am so lit
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Congrats to Texas, their state, the fans and everyone other than Matthew McConahayseed
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

SoCalTrjn wrote:Congrats to Texas, their state, the fans and everyone other than Matthew McConaGAY
ftfy
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

i'M SPinning
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

I didn't get out of bed to post last night but I'd certainly like to take this opportunity to congratulate Texas fan on representing the Big 12 with the NC.
Enjoy fellows!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Roy Williams was proclaimed as 'The Legend' at Texas...Vince Young is the true legend in Longhorn lore. Unbelievable.

I want to criticize Carroll for going for that fourth down that gave Texas back the ball but he said after the game he thought they'd score on them no matter where the Longhorns got the ball. If they did get that first down, they probably would've iced the game away and White was running like a madman for most of the night. It was a huge risk and Vince made them pay. That performance last night is why I watch sports...extraordinary players making big plays in huge games. Texas is a very good team but he carried them on his back to that win. Much respect for Longhorns and the REAL legend, Vince Young.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Shoalzie wrote:Roy Williams was proclaimed as 'The Legend' at Texas...Vince Young is the true legend in Longhorn lore. Unbelievable.

I want to criticize Carroll for going for that fourth down that gave Texas back the ball but he said after the game he thought they'd score on them no matter where the Longhorns got the ball. If they did get that first down, they probably would've iced the game away and White was running like a madman for most of the night. It was a huge risk and Vince made them pay. That performance last night is why I watch sports...extraordinary players making big plays in huge games. Texas is a very good team but he carried them on his back to that win. Much respect for Longhorns and the REAL legend, Vince Young.
Genious Carroll got to watch that play with his Bush right next to him. WTF?
Drag him across the formation at least as a decoy.
Wonder what was going through Norm Chow's mind?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Cornhusker wrote:I didn't get out of bed to post last night but I'd certainly like to take this opportunity to congratulate Texas fan on representing the Big 12 with the NC.
Enjoy fellows!
what cornhusker said.

and 47 straight! 8) :wink:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Congrats and THANKS to Texas AND USC for making this a great game. I really had no idea who I wanted to win. I wanted the pick em point, but I also wanted to read all the TrojanFan backpedaling after weeks and weeks of guarantees and massively arrogant shit talking. That game was right up there with 02...I think the actual game was better, but the 02 game was more intense because no one gave Ohio St a chance. A lot of people thought Texas would win.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Shoalzie wrote:Roy Williams was proclaimed as 'The Legend' at Texas...Vince Young is the true legend in Longhorn lore. Unbelievable.

I agree with every word you said. Vince carried this team against Michigan, OSU and USC.

I said coming into this game that Vince was Michael Jordan in pads, and I stick by that statement. He makes everyone around him better and he has a "will to win" that I have not seen in an athlete since Jordan. Only time will tell if he is going to do for the NFL what Jordan did for the NBA but as far as college football goes he is the real MAN.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Vito Corleone wrote:I agree with every word you said. Vince carried this team against Michigan, OSU and USC.

I said coming into this game that Vince was Michael Jordan in pads, and I stick by that statement. He makes everyone around him better and he has a "will to win" that I have not seen in an athlete since Jordan. Only time will tell if he is going to do for the NFL what Jordan did for the NBA but as far as college football goes he is the real MAN.
You know, one of the best things for you right now has to be the fact that everyone will want to argue with you, but no one can.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Props to the Longhorns who won basically a road game in USC's backyard. The have the best college player in the nation and better defense than USC. No doubt they are the best college team in America.

Deciding the college champion with the BCS still sucks though........ :wink:
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Shoalzie wrote:I want to criticize Carroll for going for that fourth down that gave Texas back the ball but he said after the game he thought they'd score on them no matter where the Longhorns got the ball. If they did get that first down, they probably would've iced the game away and White was running like a madman for most of the night. It was a huge risk and Vince made them pay. That performance last night is why I watch sports...extraordinary players making big plays in huge games. Texas is a very good team but he carried them on his back to that win. Much respect for Longhorns and the REAL legend, Vince Young.
I would agree that was a questionable call but how about the timeout wasted before the two-pt conversion. First of all, you know if they score they are going for two, so how about getting your shit together before the playclock starts. Secondly, who cares if they make the two-pt conversion. If you had money on the game they beat the spread anyway...and, you are still behind so that TO could have been used to setup a field goal. That was the biggest mistake IMO.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Good call, Sky. I completely agree. Having to waste that timeout (when they didn't even really have to) was a pivotal blow. That was the kind of mistake you just didn't expect the SC coaches/players to make.