GOP TO LAUNCH 'WHITE FLAG' DEM ATTACK

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

GOP TO LAUNCH 'WHITE FLAG' DEM ATTACK

Post by frodo_biguns »

Nothing like kicking the lieberals when they are down!
:twisted:

Where are my steel toe boots when I need them?

The DRUDGE REPORT has learned from a top GOP operative that the Republican National Committee will provide state parties with a web video prior to release tomorrow afternoon that shows a white flag waving over images of Democrat leaders making anti-war remarks.

The ad is in response to the controversial comments Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean and 2004 Democratic Presidential nominee John Kerry made earlier in the week.

A Democratic strategist who had the web ad described to her said, “This is way over the top but we have no one to blame but Dean, Kerry and others who continue to pander to the anti-war activists within our party.”

The web video advances the Republican contention that the Democrats only have a “retreat and defeat” message on the war in Iraq.

The video highlights the effect Democrats can have on the morale of U.S. soldiers.

One Republican strategist familiar with the ad said, “The Democrats, especially Howard Dean have a way of trying to turn the tables and say ‘that’s not what I meant’ – its just those ‘evil Republicans’ This video will make them crazy – it reinforces what they really believe with what they actually said – and that is devastating for the Democratic Party.”

Developing...

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

"The DRUDGE REPORT has learned from a top GOP operative..."

Whoah. Hold the presses.

:meds:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Don't take Drudge's word for it.

http://gop.com/

Rack "retreat and defeat". Everyone knows that in politics, if it rhymes or involves alliteration, it's a double BURRRRRRRRRRN. :lol:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

OK, I watched the ad. Let me just say I am BEGGING the GOP to run that ad. PLEASE run that ad.

This one is right up there with "read my lips".
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

BSmack wrote:OK, I watched the ad. Let me just say I am BEGGING the GOP to run that ad. PLEASE run that ad.

There's not much point in trying. No major network will carry political ads in a non-election year unless they're sponsored by moveon.org.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

BSmack wrote:OK, I watched the ad. Let me just say I am BEGGING the GOP to run that ad. PLEASE run that ad.
You know what? I was going to post that exact same sentiment this morning.

Stop reading my mind, you damn MKULTRA, Fifth-Columnist, shadow government dis-info agent!
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

OCmike wrote:

There's not much point in trying. No major network will carry political ads in a non-election year unless they're sponsored by moveon.org.
2006 is right around the corner. And the GOP is making like lemmings to the cliff to back the "war President".
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

On CNN right now.
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Martyred wrote:

Stop reading my mind, you damn MKULTRA, Fifth-Columnist, shadow government dis-info agent!
What can I say? I've always thought the surest way to get the "swing vote " to understand the true nature of Republican rule was to allow Republicans to run things for a while. They have, and now it is starting to show. All Bush has left is his base.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

All his base are belong to mvscal.

Yeah, I know...I know...whatever.
Keep dreaming those 2006 Hoop Dreams, B.
I have a feeling I'll be picking you up at the Toronto Greyhound Bus Terminal next Christmas
for an extended stay.
We'll have a freshly pressed pair of drab, grey overalls and a steaming bowl of rice waiting for you, but you'll have to shave your head yourself before you clear customs.
Why don’t you just STFU.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

BSmack wrote:
Martyred wrote:

What can I say? I've always thought the surest way to get the "swing vote " to understand the true nature of Republican rule was to allow Republicans to run things for a while. They have, and now it is starting to show. All Bush has left is his base.

Facts and mattering and all, but historically that's what happens when EITHER party runs things for awhile. Remember what happened after Newt Gingrich and his "contract with America" where he all but declared himself "King Shit"? Dems won the house the following election. Then people got sick of the Dems and elected more Republicans. It happened a brazillion times before that and it'll happen again.

I'm sure the Dems probably will win back the House and/or Senate. People will talk about how much better it is now that the GOP isn't running things. It'll go swimmingly for awhile until the Dems try to push through socialized healthcare again or make some other blunder by trying to give us something we don't want, while patting us on the head and telling us to shaddap because they know what's good for us. Then the pendulum will swing back.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

OCmike wrote:Facts and mattering and all, but historically that's what happens when EITHER party runs things for awhile. Remember what happened after Newt Gingrich and his "contract with America" where he all but declared himself "King Shit"? Dems won the house the following election. Then people got sick of the Dems and elected more Republicans. It happened a brazillion times before that and it'll happen again.
If facts mattered to you, you would have known that the GOP did not lose the House in 1998, they simply lost an assload of seats that year. Gingrich got shitcanned because they rightly saw him as a lightning rod, not because the GOP lost their leadership.
I'm sure the Dems probably will win back the House and/or Senate. People will talk about how much better it is now that the GOP isn't running things. It'll go swimmingly for awhile until the Dems try to push through socialized healthcare again or make some other blunder by trying to give us something we don't want, while patting us on the head and telling us to shaddap because they know what's good for us. Then the pendulum will swing back.
Yea, that socialized healthcare sure is horrible.

sin

Europe

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

BSmack wrote:
OCmike wrote:Facts and mattering and all, but historically that's what happens when EITHER party runs things for awhile. Remember what happened after Newt Gingrich and his "contract with America" where he all but declared himself "King Shit"? Dems won the house the following election. Then people got sick of the Dems and elected more Republicans. It happened a brazillion times before that and it'll happen again.
If facts mattered to you, you would have known that the GOP did not lose the House in 1998, they simply lost an assload of seats that year.
Uh, facts like that don't matter to me and anyone else who's not a poli-geek.
Gingrich got shitcanned because they rightly saw him as a lightning rod, not because the GOP lost their leadership.
Gee, kinda like how Dean is currently viewed as a lightning rod?
Yea, that socialized healthcare sure is horrible.

sin

Europe
You lefties and your socialization of private entities and desire to over-regulate everything are making "Atlas Shrugged" look like a prophecy. Nice going, villain.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

OCmike wrote:... making "Atlas Shrugged" look like a prophecy.
Oh, for fuck's sake.

What's next? Superman comics as moralist didact?

Just stop, okay?
Why don’t you just STFU.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Martyred wrote:
OCmike wrote:... making "Atlas Shrugged" look like a prophecy.
Oh, for fuck's sake.

What's next? Superman comics as moralist didact?

Just stop, okay?
If lefties wouldn't call for the nationalization of oil, healthcare, and other industries, it wouldn't be an apt commentary. But unfortunately, it is.

Now where's my plane ride to that hidden valley gimmick?...
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Yeah, it's outrageous that citizens of a country should reap the benefits of said country's natural resources.

Corporations.
The same corporations that outsource your jobs and hide their wealth in offshore tax dodges, while you work like a dope to line the pockets of some scumbag executive who'll give you a nasty stare if you stand a little too close to his Lexus.

...again...

Why don’t you just STFU.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Martyred wrote:Yeah, it's outrageous that citizens of a country should reap the benefits of said country's natural resources.
If you're referring to untapped resources, like the oil in the Alaskan Wilderness, okay. But if you mean that we should seize oil rigs or something similar...:shock:

Corporations.
The same corporations that outsource your jobs and hide their wealth in offshore tax dodges, while you work like a dope to line the pockets of some scumbag executive who'll give you a nasty stare if you stand a little too close to his Lexus.

Not all corporations are run by Grand Moff Tarkin from the bridge of the Death Star.

My corporation allows my OL to telecommute 365 days a year, work all the overtime she wants, and allows me to work from home every Thursday because I have a long commute.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

OCmike wrote: My corporation...blah...blah....blah...
When they're done with you they will scrape you off their shoe with a stick, and toss you to the curb.

Please disabuse yourself of the fable of "one big happy family".
Only family is family.
Why don’t you just STFU.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Martyred wrote:
When they're done with you they will scrape you off their shoe with a stick, and toss you to the curb.

Only family is family.
:lol:

Okay. This company has employed a schizophrenic chick, giving her anything they could find for her to work on just so they could have a reason to keep her employed. I asked the CEO one day why they kept her around and the CEO said that no one else would give the schizo a job if she were cut loose, so she'd end up losing everything. They stuck with this chick while she was all wide-eyed and mental and barely doing anything other than telling everyone about her cats (shocker) and now that they've finally found the right drug cocktail for her, she leads a fairly normal life. Again, not all corporations suck.

BTW, this isn't some fly-by-night 10 employee company. It's listed on the NYSE, for whatever that's worth.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

OCmike wrote: BTW, this isn't some fly-by-night 10 employee company. It's listed on the NYSE, for whatever that's worth.
Oh, like ENRON.

Gotcha.

Good ole "mom 'n pop" ENRON.
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Martyred wrote:

Only family is family.
To be fair, we should also disabuse ourselves of the fable of the state being one big happy family.

The moral of the story?

We're all fucked.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

BSmack wrote:
Martyred wrote:

Only family is family.
To be fair, we should also disabuse ourselves of the fable of the state being one big happy family.

The moral of the story?

We're all fucked.
If you're looking for a Statist perspective, I'm sure Dr_Phibes or mvscal will be by any minute.
When's that Greyhound pulling in, B?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Martyred wrote: If you're looking for a Statist perspective, I'm sure Dr_Phibes or mvscal will be by any minute.
When's that Greyhound pulling in, B?
Let me guess, you want your utopia and you want it now?