talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Tui..Tui..Tui..

Post by ChargerMike »

...looks like Raiduhfan will finally get their wish! :lol:

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarti ... cleID=3496
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RACK. THAT. SHIT.

:D

Tui deserves his shot.......sink or swim time, kid. 4 games to make your fucking impact. Show us what you got, Tui.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Obviously the right thing to do, for a lot of reasons.

Accountability being at the top of the list.

Beyond that, Oakland's o-line is a disaster, and a statue qb taking deep drops, needing time to launch the home run pass, makes ZERO sense.

Everything's a 20+ yd pattern in the Raider playbook.

The 5-7 yd slant pages were apparently torn out.

Tui's likely not the long term answer, but, I'd LIKE him to be.

At any rate, he's got some wheels and that is a big plus as it stands right now.

This move is welcome.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote:
This move is welcome.

I'd love to see the kid blossom.....I remember one of the reasons Gru drafted him (The ONLY QB he drafted while coaching the Raiders) was because he said that he had the intangible "it" that Gannon possesed. He isnt pretty, but he makes smart snap decisions and gets the job done in the win column.

We'll see if Gru was right about that.....

GO TUI GO!
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

Who cares...............ya'll will just bitch about the refs when you lose again.
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

bout fuckin time norv.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

The next move might be to sit Brad Badger/Ron Stone, put Treu back at center, move Grove to guard.
mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Seriously - I think we need a different approach - strong, intelligent, principled, and fresh. Obama seems to fit the bill for me best at this point.
Then you are a fucking fool. Straight up. Obama is the dumbest motherfucker who has ever run for President.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Raydah James wrote:
poptart wrote:
This move is welcome.

I'd love to see the kid blossom.....I remember one of the reasons Gru drafted him (The ONLY QB he drafted while coaching the Raiders) was because he said that he had the intangible "it" that Gannon possesed. He isnt pretty, but he makes smart snap decisions and gets the job done in the win column.

GO TUI GO!

Yeah, cause Gruden is a draft guru. :meds:

sin,

BucFan
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Isn't Tui like 40 by now?
Seems like he's been sitting on the bench since Madden retired. Probably lost a little speed since then.
TenTallBen
No title requested

Post by TenTallBen »

Mikey wrote:Isn't Tui like 40 by now?
Seems like he's been sitting on the bench since Madden retired. Probably lost a little speed since then.
How about 26.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

OK so I was of by a couple of years.
Fuckin' shoot me.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Funny thread.

Uhm, the last time a Husky QB came along that didn't curl up into the fetal position at the first sign of trouble was...when, exactly?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Warren Moon?
mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:Seriously - I think we need a different approach - strong, intelligent, principled, and fresh. Obama seems to fit the bill for me best at this point.
Then you are a fucking fool. Straight up. Obama is the dumbest motherfucker who has ever run for President.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

I say the ensuing back to back to back to back losses will result in Dud fan calling for Tui's head on a platter........they're fickle like that...
get out, get out while there's still time
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Felix wrote:I say the ensuing back to back to back to back losses will result in Dud fan calling for Tui's head on a platter........they're fickle like that...
Incorrect.

He deserves his chance-we'll see how he uses it.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Tui played like dog dirt in the pre-season, and with his skill-set he looks to be poor fit in the current offense.

Yeah, it's quite possible he will stink it up.

Then again, maybe not.
He's not had a good chance yet to show what he can do in the NFL.

I don't think many Raider fans see Tui as the next Montana or anything.

The thing is, Collins HAD to sit, and Tui's next in line.

Prolly not a great idea to drop rookie Walter in behind the Raider O-line as it is now, but if Tui struggles this game or the next, we might see some of the rook.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

poptart wrote:a statue qb taking deep drops, needing time to launch the home run pass, makes ZERO sense.
This sentence alone makes you smarter than Mike Martz.
why is my neighborhood on fire
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Tart,

Aren't you thankful you didn't "run" Tui after the offseason? Give him a couple weeks and I think he might open some eyes. They might be those of the defensive backs, but eyes will be open wide.

:D
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Yeah, I'm thankful.

I'm gettin' primed to run someone pretty damn soon though.

Gettin' bored.

You're in the process of running CMike, right...?

:lol:
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

poptart wrote:Yeah, I'm thankful.

I'm gettin' primed to run someone pretty damn soon though.

Gettin' bored.

You're in the process of running CMike, right...?

:lol:
I ran CMike
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Cicero wrote:
Raydah James wrote:
poptart wrote:
This move is welcome.

GO TUI GO!

sin,

BucFan
Elaborate please...almost half this team is 3rd year players or younger. You still on your "I hate Gruden bandwagon" ? 8-4 and still hating...typical for this region. Become a Colt fan please...
Go Bucs, Gators
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

and the injuries the Bucs have suffered.....yeah, I'd say Gruden is doing a pretty good job....
get out, get out while there's still time
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

fukk that muther fukker. the guvernator better not save his sorry gangbang'n ass.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Bucmonkey wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Raydah James wrote:

GO TUI GO!

sin,

BucFan
Elaborate please...almost half this team is 3rd year players or younger. You still on your "I hate Gruden bandwagon" ? 8-4 and still hating...typical for this region. Become a Colt fan please...

I still wish Dungy was coaching this team. I am a BucFan, just not a Gruden one. Caddy is having a good year when he is healthy, Clayton has fallen off the face of the Earth and appears to be a one year wonder. Simms has played well this year, but I dont believe he is the answer to this team's QB needs. Buenning and Davis have been surprises for the O-line this year so I give Gruden and his staff credit on those two.

I think he is overrated as an offensive coach and I think he is a media whore. Just one man's opinion.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Cicero wrote:
Bucmonkey wrote:
Cicero wrote:

sin,

BucFan

I still wish Dungy was coaching this team. I am a BucFan, just not a Gruden one. Caddy is having a good year when he is healthy, Clayton has fallen off the face of the Earth and appears to be a one year wonder. Simms has played well this year, but I dont believe he is the answer to this team's QB needs. Buenning and Davis have been surprises for the O-line this year so I give Gruden and his staff credit on those two.

I think he is overrated as an offensive coach and I think he is a media whore. Just one man's opinion.

Cant argue about the media whore part. Those fuckin faces he makes on the sidelines are beyond retarded and hes only doing it for show. as far as his offense goes I think for what he has he is doing an outstanding job. In Oakland he made Tyrone Wheatley a 1000 yard rusher, and showed us the Rich Gannon is indeed a quality NFL QB. Remember Brian Griese,a guy who was run out of Denver and floundered in miami was Tampas starter. He wasn't brilliant,but he got the job done for Gruden til his injury. What I like about Gruden is his enthusiasm,and knows how to motivate. I've said ti before,and I'll say it again. I wish the Raiders woulda kept Gruden. He was the best thing to happen to the Raiders since Jim Plunkett.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

This is interesting.

Gruden disrespected Al, disrespected that it was Al who gave him his shot.
Wonderboy fluttered his eyes at other suitors rather than appreciating what it was that Al had given him, and WOULD have given him, if he had only waited his turn like he should have.

The little punk-ass got whored to Tampa like the whore that he is.

Fuck him, yeah, he's a media whore.

Offensive guru...?

Look closely.

In Gruden's first year in Oakland (WITHOUT Rich Gannon) his team finished 22 in the league in scoring.
In successive years, WITH Rich, his teams finished 8th, 3rd, and 4th.
Gruden left and under Callahan Oakland finished 2nd in that category.
Gannon then got hurt the next year and Oakland plummeted to 27th in scoring.

In the 2 yrs before Gruden showed up in Tampon they finished 7th and 15th in the league in scoring.
Since Gruden took over they have finished 18th, 18th, 23rd, and are currently 18th.

Offensive guru...?

The numbers don't back that up at ALL.

Nope, it was Rich Gannon who made it happen in Oakland.
I credit Gruden for giving Rich a legit SHOT in Oakland, something that he hadn't really gotten before.
But make no mistake, Gannon was the straw that stirred the drink in Oakland, as far as getting the offense going.

Gruden tends to be a pretty conservative coach.
I'm sure Buc fan can attest to that.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Updated: Dec. 7, 2005, 8:26 PM ET
Tui's time: Raiders bench quarterback CollinsBy Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

As anticipated, the floundering Oakland Raiders switched starting quarterbacks on Wednesday, benching Kerry Collins and elevating little-used five-year veteran Marques Tuiasosopo to the No. 1 spot for Sunday's game against the New York Jets.

The move had been broadly hinted at by embattled coach Norv Turner on Monday, when he acknowledged at his weekly news conference that a change was being contemplated.

The start will be only the second of Tuiasosopo's career, but the former University of Washington standout said he is eager to try to reverse his team's fortunes. The Raiders are 4-8 and are virtually eliminated from playoff contention.

"It means a lot to me," said Tuiasosopo, a second-round choice in the 2001 draft. "I am excited to get out there and play and, along with the rest of the guys in this locker room, find a way to win a ball game this week."

Tuiasosopo, 26, has appeared in just eight games in his career, and his lone previous start was Nov. 2, 2003, when he completed six of 11 passes for 65 yards, with no touchdown passes and one interception in a 23-13 loss at Detroit. For his career, Tuiasosopo has 28 completions in 49 attempts for 358 yards, with no touchdown passes and three pickoffs, for a passer rating of 54.6.

He will become the 55th different quarterback to start a game in 2005. The demotion of Collins means that, come this weekend, only 14 franchises will have used the same starter in every game.

Along with the Oakland offense in general, Collins has slipped considerably following a fast start to the season. The 11-year veteran threw just two interceptions over the first seven games of the season and had an efficiency rating of 90.0 or higher in all but two of those contests. In his past five outings, however, Collins has recorded a passer rating of higher than 75.0 in just one game and has thrown eight interceptions in that stretch.

There have been rumors that the Raiders could part ways with Collins after this season or force him to dramatically rework his contract in order to remain with the team. Collins is due a $2.5 million roster bonus and a $6 million base salary for 2006, and his salary cap charge for next season is a prohibitive $12.987 million. In contrast, Tuisasosopo is to earn a base salary of just $477,000 in 2006.

Turner did not say on Wednesday what his plans are for the quarterback position beyond this weekend, but team sources acknowledged the Raiders want to get a solid look at the younger Tuiasosopo as they evaluate the team for the future.

One advantage Tuiasosopo figures to have over Collins is his mobility. Although his résumé includes just six rushes for 22 yards, Tuiasosopo has good running skills and will add some escape dimension to the position. Obviously, he welcomes the opportunity to show his wares, but insisted getting a win for the slumping Raiders is more important than any individual achievements.

"We have four games left, and we have to find a way to get a win and to start feeling good about ourselves again," he said.

alrighty,,,lets see what the kid can do.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Raider Loco
Elwood

Post by Raider Loco »

It almost seemed Collins quit towards the end of the game. Doesn't matter what the score is get in and out of the huddle and play some fucking ball. He owed that to the defense. I'm glad Tui gets a shot but not more that two if he can't hack it either, Walters is who I want to see play with the starters.
Aaron in Tucson
Elwood

Post by Aaron in Tucson »

That's awesome news. Sounds like Tui will
get the start for the rest of the season
no matter how bad he stinks it up.
Let’s hope that Gannon’s mentoring
makes Tui a rich man.

Collins? GOOD RIDDANCE MOTHERFUCKER

Loco, for what it's worth the rumor making
the rounds on another site is that Walter
got hurt in practice about 4-6 weeks back
and he will require surgery this off-season.
The “source” said that there’s no chance Walter plays this year.

Go Raiders!
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

offensive line...offensive line.....offensive line.....
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The offensive line is offensive.

Sin

John McKay
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

poptart wrote:The offensive line is offensive.

Sin

John McKay

I too am in favor of their execution .
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Tui many turnovers
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.