I-AA Playoffs?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

campinfool
2009 PET Champion

I-AA Playoffs?

Post by campinfool »

Anyone follow these games? I was checking out a few games today and one really blew me away. Texas State-Georgia Southern was a classic. TXST came from down 35-16 at the end of the 3rd quarter only to win 50-35. I remember when Texas State played A&M on a thursday night game right before a hurricane. During all the Reggie-Vince debates I realized we were missing something down here in Texas. There's a kid named Barrick Nealy that is a freak and may be better than both of the well known guys in the state. Just today all he did was run over 70 yards on the games first offensive play, lead his team to a huge come from behind win, and merely passed for 400 yards and ran for over 100. After watchng VY look bad yesterday, this Nealy kid has gotten me all jacked up. Maybe I just need some better action in my part of the state.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Damn, a college football playoff? What a crazy idea!

Good luck to Grand Valley State in the D-II playoff...in the semifinals once again.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And my boys, Linfield College is about to ring up their second D3 crown in a row....

In a playoff.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Shoalzie wrote: Good luck to Grand Valley State in the D-II playoff...in the semifinals once again.
I be at the D2 championship game again this year.

Hoping for a GVSU-UNA final.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

Montana = Done

Rumor has our HC Bobby Hauck going to San Jose State. I don't buy it. I think New Hampshire goes all the way.
From the moment we leave the forest, Dan, it's all a givin' up and adjustin'.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Honestly, its like watching Class 6A HS football. If I wanted to watch second tier athletes play football, I would have watched the Jets/Saints game on Sunday.
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

Cicero wrote:second tier athletes

Good point!

sin,

Walter Payton & Jerry Rice
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Shoalzie wrote:Damn, a college football playoff? What a crazy idea!

Good luck to Grand Valley State in the D-II playoff...in the semifinals once again.
Grand Valley's football program is growing bit time, along with the school and the suburbs of Grand Rapids. It makes perfect sense for that area to have a major university, and as the school and the surrounding area grows the football program will become bigger and better. They will be div 1 someday. Don't know how far they are, but they certainly will be.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Damn, a college football playoff? What a crazy idea!

Grand Valley's football program is growing bit time, along with the school and the suburbs of Grand Rapids. It makes perfect sense for that area to have a major university, and as the school and the surrounding area grows the football program will become bigger and better. They will be div 1 someday. Don't know how far they are, but they certainly will be.

It's cool to see the old school do so well in football. The year after I left, they went on their run of going to the national title game for three straight years and two championships. I wondered if the program would fall off after Anes and Kircus left and especially when Coach Kelly left for CMU. RACK the Lakers!
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

e wrote: they're playing for second place behind Northwest Missouri State
NWMST still has too win this weekend.

Which is a definate possibility with UNAs two injured QBs. But I think the lions will still get the job done.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Cicero wrote:Honestly, its like watching Class 6A HS football. If I wanted to watch second tier athletes play football, I would have watched the Jets/Saints game on Sunday.
You do know your a dumb fuck, right?

Just wondering.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

This may be a stupid question, but I don't really know that much about 1AA football. Do Grambling and Southern just not participate in the playoffs? I thought it was weird that they were playing each other in a regular season game when the 1AA playoffs had already started.
"Keys, woman!"
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

SWAC conference members do not play in the playoffs.

The East champ plays the West champ for the Black College National Championship.
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

Mr T wrote:SWAC conference members do not play in the playoffs.

Nor do the Ivy leaguers
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Mr T wrote:
Cicero wrote:Honestly, its like watching Class 6A HS football. If I wanted to watch second tier athletes play football, I would have watched the Jets/Saints game on Sunday.
You do know your a dumb fuck, right?

Just wondering.

Fuck you T. You act as if you are Aristotle in this bitch.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Nah, I am with you cicero.

Fuck juco players, walter payton, jerry rice, harlon hill, and all these mother fuckers!
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Obviously I understand that there is a diamond in the rough every year and just b/c you play for a big time program doesnt mean you are a sure fire lock for the pros, but for the most part the D-1AA is not as good a product.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Watch the D2 NC game on Dec 10. It will be on ESPN. I gaurantee you will see some good football if UNA and Grand Valley State play.

If there is an upset this week, then I dont know about tuning in.

How I see all the championship game options:
NWMST vs. ESU - ESU in a blowout
NWMST vs. GVSU - GVSU in a blowout
UNA vs. ESU - UNA in a blowout
UNA vs. GVSU - Coin Flip

Regardless of who plays and what the weather will be. I will be there, as always, watching a true national champion be crown.
Turdmaker
Jake

Post by Turdmaker »

A kid from our neck of the woods plays QB at Occidental (Jack Kemp) and has just sick tools. Occidental was unbeaten until playing Linfield and got their ass kicked but our boy had an outstanding game--is the kind of guy that ends up being a Dave Krieg or Kurt Warner type of guy--hopefully minus Cruella, of course.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Wow Texas State is good?

I guess Texas is going to be losing a large percentage of their fan base.

The Bobcats reside in San Marcos which is 20 min outside of Austin
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

I really doubt many Longhorn fans care much. I saw that game on ESPN2 and there were ta few thousand empty seats in the stadium that only holds maybe 15K anyway. Texas St is a huge commuter school and athletic attendance is usualll lacking.
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

Cicero wrote:but for the most part the Big 12 North is not as good a product.

FIFY
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

GrizBearStare wrote:
Cicero wrote:but for the most part the Big 12 is not as good a product.
FTFY
FTFTFY
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

I am guessing this year and they will give Brodie the Black College Heisman.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Props to the Lakers on making another title game...their fourth in five years.

Any NWMSU fans want to do a little sig bet on the game next week? I'm already wearing an OSU-UM sig, why not one more?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

e wrote: UNA's QBs didn't look injured today. that fat one has one hell of an arm. for having such a boring first half, the second half was pretty damn crazy. Lamberson was nails as usual. the NC game scares me a bit. Grand Valley scored at will today. in fact, they just scored again.
Vinnie Saylor(the fat one) had a high ankle sprain and couldnt scramble. The reason why the safety happen. UNA played too conservative and just looked like they didnt want to lose. They didnt have the attitude of winners.

Three times inside the ten in the first half, zero passes in the end zone and only 3 points. Right then I knew it was going to be a close one.

Congrats to NWMST. I will be at the game this weekend rooting them on.

Ps. The brawl after the game was just salt in the wound. We had already lost. Why the fuck did we participate in a brawl and make ourselves look even worse. A sad day to be a lion.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Mace wrote:Northern Iowa beat Texas State 40-37 in OT and it was one of the most entertaining games I've seen this season. Texas State's decision to take a knee with 1:16 remaining in regulation is puzzling, to say the least, but this was a great game to watch.

Mace
I agree...

Great Game!

Poor decision for the Texas State qb on that last play in OT...

Oh well, they gave aTm all they could handle this year... :lol:

m2
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Mace wrote:Northern Iowa beat Texas State 40-37 in OT and it was one of the most entertaining games I've seen this season. Texas State's decision to take a knee with 1:16 remaining in regulation is puzzling, to say the least, but this was a great game to watch.

Mace
Bad call with all of their timeouts remaining.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

MuchoBulls wrote:

Mace
Bad call with all of their timeouts remaining.

That was perhaps the worst coaching decision I have ever seen.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

GrizBearStare wrote:That was perhaps the worst coaching decision I have ever seen.
I agree with that. Northern Iowa had just gained momentum with the TD and 2 point conversion. To take the knee only gave them further momentum into OT.

Texas State's coach said that he was afriad of a turnover, so that was why they ran the clock out. If you're afraid to go for the win, then you will lose.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Shoalzie wrote:
Any NWMSU fans want to do a little sig bet on the game next week?
Great game today, tough finish for the Bearcats.

Im not a NWMSU fan (CMSU Alum) but still was rooting for the MIAA to take this one.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Props to the Lakers on their third title in 5 years...great game, either team deserved to win.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Sorry man...I feel kind of guilty for claiming GVSU as my team when I didn't finish going to school there. I went there for a couple years but dropped out when I was having some difficulty in my life. I'm a MichiganFan first and foremost but I'll always have a place in my heart for the Lakers because I enjoyed my time up there. Great stat I read about...the outgoing senior class at GVSU has tied the NCAA record for best winning percentage in their four years (92.7%). It's been a tremendous run for the program up in Allendale.

As for your sig...

GRAND VALLEY STATE LAKERS -- 2002, 2003, 2005 DIVISION II NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Just keep it for two weeks...by no means do I walk around gloating about the Lakers but it's cool to see a local team do this well.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It's not like I'm making you wear a dress... :lol:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

E

NWMS coach, Pinkel'd that game away!

They completely went away from the run, which the rb was at a 7.per clip.

then ran the worst 2 minute offense ever. They pissed it away, wasn't a GVS win, it was NWMS losing the game. dropped pass in endzone, idiots walking to line with clock running and under 1 minute to play!

Horrible for a Sr QB and a good coach to allow their team to piss away that much time to lose. they didnt even use their last timeout!

they got Pinkel'd