Callahan-Stoops post-game "handshake" vid

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Callahan-Stoops post-game "handshake" vid

Post by King Crimson »

http://media.putfile.com/Stoops-Callahan-hand-shake-05

Callahan doesn't even look at him on his "drive-by". after last year, i wonder where that comes from? is that Cosgrove Stoops trades back slaps with after?

what a jerk.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Come-on, Callahan had to get in the locker room to work on his "what throat slash?" game face.

Yes, that was Kevin "the sieve" Cosgrove.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Callahan-Stoops post-game "handshake" vid

Post by Moby Dick »

King Crimson wrote:http://media.putfile.com/Stoops-Callahan-hand-shake-05

Callahan doesn't even look at him on his "drive-by". after last year, i wonder where that comes from? is that Cosgrove Stoops trades back slaps with after?

what a jerk.

it's a shame OU wont play them again for another 2 yrs....it's doubtful Callahan will still be coach there....if he is...he'll be heading out the door.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

They should have kept Solich and made an even bigger mistake hiring an NFL coach who's own players wanted to kill him.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Nebraska not only deserves but needs a different coach. The younger generation of Huskers are picking up more and more of Cally's traits which is not a good thing and is casting a dark cloud over a once classy program and fan base.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

I could give a rat's ass about the throatslash, stupid ref cost us.

But dissing a fellow coach is out-of-line bullshit. BC needs to extend his people-skills to somebody other than recruits.

I can see not shaking a coach's hand if he pulls crap. Bo had every right to call-out Snyder for blatantly running up the score on us, playing starters after we brought our back-ups in and KSU had the game well-in-hand was garbage. But Stoops had pulled nothing and deserved respect.

If BC is trying to make the OU/NU rivalry more like OU/Texas or OU/OSU he is doing a good job.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

When I first watched this, for some reason it did not look like that big of a deal, but after about the 6th time I started getting fucking pissed off.

The Huskers deserve a better coach than this asshole, rack whoever coined him Callenberger because that is just what he is, at least Schnelly had an alcohol problem as somewhat of an excuse.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i really don't care much about the throat slash either, i don't see the context for it to be the penalizable "throat slash"....but Callahan has proven himself an idiot too many other times.

His "Oklahoma Drill" snide comment last spring was so smarmy. where a small-time poser like Callahan gets off publically disrespecting Bud Wilkinson and a practice technique used by football teams of all levels all over the country for 40 years +.......for a "laugh" is beyond me.

and, given the continued patterned behavior of BC, i don't give him the benefit of apologetic ironic self-depreciation and sarcasm which is what was argued on this board by husker fans last summer.

cornhusker's post on another thread about him being approached by officials to apologize and then LATER claim to not know what media was talking about re: the throat slash........is all anyone needs to know.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Sky

Post by Sky »

I know I said this earlier but what did UN expect when it hired a coach who alienated almost every player on his old team?

Didn't they look into any of those issues?
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

It's amazing how people are making a big deal out of this (ie. Sooner fans). So he didn't kiss Stoop's hand and said "Good game."? This is ridiculous. I'm sick and tired of our fans and other fans comparing him to our past coaches. He isn't. Get over it.

Stoops can practically jump up and down after every supposed bad call, but he's he classy coach? Seems pretty childish to me. It's okay because he calms down long enough at the end of a game to shake hands? Or does Stoops get a free pass because he's the midwest golden coach?

Callahan is a very stubborn guy (I can relate). Does everyone who has lost a game react the same way? No. Does he still have a lot to learn about being a college head coach? Yes.

He shook the guy's hand, however brief. That's his choice. I don't see the problem. Move on.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

coaches shaking hands after the game is a tired and over rated tradition anyway, there is no reason for that little league crap to go on past Junior All American football.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

This just in, Callahan just made a joke that Colorado sucks, but Oklahoma blows.
Sky

Post by Sky »

What are you talking about? How about a little decency and respect between coaches/schools/teams?

A hand shake at the end isn't too much to ask. The difference between what BC did and what most coaches did is the difference between a sore loser and a decently respectable coach.

It isn't like we have the teams line up and shake hands, we aren't asking these coaches to go hug each other, just remind us all that it is a GAME, show good sportsmanship and a little respect.

Needless to say, BC is not a poor coach because of this alone. This is just like icing on the cake.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Did you see on the video that he did shake his hand? It's really petty to argue over the length. Would Sooner fans even care if the roles were reversed and OU lost the game with a short shake by Stoops? I doubt it.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

it stopped being just a game when coaches started making upwards of a million dollars a year, now you have 5-2 guys getting 40 million over 10 years. Save sportsmanship for guys coaching the 10 year olds in some Pop Warner league for free, Id rather the coach run in to the locker room immediately after the game with his entire team and address what just happened or address recruits, win or lose