Delgado signs with Marlins

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Shoalzie
WingNut

Delgado signs with Marlins

Post by Shoalzie »

LINK

Glad this mini-soap opera is over. I was convinced he'd end up with the Mets but a nice add by the Marlins. I still like the Braves in NL East but the Marlins make a jump up the ladder...I'd put them just ahead of the Mets with the Phillies in fourth.

And now for my obligitory Tiger nugget...Tigers in talks with Magglio Ordonez. I'd be down with this for sure if he is going to be back at 100% when he returns. The Tigers need a power bat in the outfield...I can't handle another season of Bobby Higginson.

LINK
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

marlins, mets, phils and braves in one division. pretty tough.
AnNeg
Nighthawk

Post by AnNeg »

Yeah, as Jays fan I totally agree with Shoalzie. The yapping about his imminent departure has been going on forever and I'm glad that everyone will shut up about it now.
Say this three times fast.....

Hinske, Hudson, Hill, Hillenbrand, Halladay, Huckaby
Tiberious
Resident Bookie

Post by Tiberious »

Nice pick up for the fish, not all he has to do is learn to hit National League pitching.

Sin,

Griffey
You know who I am.

Make the world a better place, punch Urban Meyer in the face.
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

Imagine if pudge had stuck around. Man this is gonna be awesome season for the Marlins and could spark them into being a serious contender throughout the decade. It would be awesome if within 3 years they beat both the yankees and red sox in the world series. I'm looking forward to another Cubs-Marlins NLCS which could become like 49ers/Cowboys matchups in the early 90s.

[sarcasm]bace phils really made impactuful offseason moves signing the greats Jose Offerman and Terry Adams... [/sarcasm]
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

fatboy, don't ever question the 314 when it comes to baseball.

The Phillies made a great addition in "that guy who's qualification includes not being Larry Bowa."
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

So that means for the 2005 NL East:

Atlanta
Florida
Philadelphia
New York
Washington

In the order from 1 to 5 in finishes. With Delgado the Marlins are going to challenge for the East title... B)
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Re: Delgado signs with Marlins

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

Shoalzie wrote:Tigers in talks with Magglio Ordonez. I'd be down with this for sure if he is going to be back at 100% when he returns. The Tigers need a power bat in the outfield...I can't handle another season of Bobby Higginson.
Seems he's been there close to forever. Higginson's the type of player
who's always going to be replaced, but somehow it never happens.
Perhaps he has a voodoo doll of Mike Ilitch in his locker. :twisted:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Delgado signs with Marlins

Post by Shoalzie »

Funkywhiteboy wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Tigers in talks with Magglio Ordonez. I'd be down with this for sure if he is going to be back at 100% when he returns. The Tigers need a power bat in the outfield...I can't handle another season of Bobby Higginson.
Seems he's been there close to forever. Higginson's the type of player
who's always going to be replaced, but somehow it never happens.
Perhaps he has a voodoo doll of Mike Ilitch in his locker. :twisted:

Here's hoping...

Ordonez is supposedly back and working out now for teams that are interested picking him up. I read a while back that he was going to be out until May but I guess his surgery must've went well. He'd be a helluva signing for anyone who missed out on the big names earlier in the winter. I'm sure the Tigers will have to compete with the Orioles and Mets, who always seem to have money burning a hole in their pockets and since they both missed out on Delgado. The Rangers are looking for a DH...I don't know if Ordonez would be interested in playing that role exclusively.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Ordonez update...sounds like he is interested in Detroit. The Tigers supposedly made him an offer and his agent sent a counter-offer. Dombrowski is downplaying the situation but then again, he was tight-lipped about Pudge last year...ironically another Boras client. The Tigers have a decent relation with him.

LINK

Just daydreaming (my projected 25-man roster)...

C-Ivan Rodriguez
1B-Carlos Pena
2B-Omar Infante
3B-Brandon Inge
SS-Carlos Guillen
LF-Rondell White
CF-Alex Sanchez
RF-Magglio Ordonez
DH-Dmitri Young

Bench--Bobby Higginson (OF), Ramon Martinez (IF), Craig Monroe (OF), Jason Smith (IF), Vance Wilson (C)

Rotation
1. Jeremy Bonderman
2. Nate Robertson
3. Mike Maroth
4. Jason Johnson
5. Wil Ledezma

Bullpen--Franklyn German, Gary Knotts, Fernando Rodney, Jamie Walker, Ugueth Urbina

Closer-Troy Percival

Call me crazy but I think that's a AL Central contender...an 85-win team atleast. It would be the best lineup the Tigers have had in a long time. Percival and Urbina will hopefully secure the 8th and 9th...just gotta get some good pitching in the middle. The rotation should continue to progress but still lack the #1 that I've wanted. Hopefully the bats will pull through again this season to steal a few wins.