Uniform question

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Uniform question

Post by PSUFAN »

First of all, aren't shorts supposed to cover the knee? Secondly, do players usually wear knee protection of some kind? Those patellas look a little vulnerable there...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Don't need knee protection when the ground hits you before they do.

regards,

Chad Henne
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

These days, players want to look good first. Those bulky pads will prohibit them from making "big time" plays and getting on Sportcenter.

I wanted to say something else, but Indy prob would have deleted it.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I doubt he's got time to worry about your bitch ass, what with a LIFE to tend to and all... but it's cool. Keep making yourself important in your world.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

If you look around, skill players seldom cover their knees....Supposedly a flexibility issue...

How long will PSU keep wearing those generic unis?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I don't care for Penn St one bit, but I hope they don't/don't think they will ever change their unis. At least not in my lifetime. If you're able to establish such great tradition from something to inherently basic, you should never change.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

I wear knee protection every day.

Sincerely,
JON=bitch
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Cicero wrote:These days, players want to look good first. Those bulky pads will prohibit them from making "big time" plays and getting on Sportcenter.

We don't delete much, unless it's ignorant racist shit like you threw out there.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Killian wrote:
Cicero wrote:These days, players want to look good first. Those bulky pads will prohibit them from making "big time" plays and getting on Sportcenter.

We don't delete much, unless it's ignorant racist shit like you threw out there.
I agree and it was out of line in this forum. Indy Pmed and its all good, chums.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Myself, I think the road white unis are the best unis in college ball. There's something classic about seeing the unis after a tough game, with grass dirt and blood besmirching them.

I'd like to see PSU get the player number back on the helmets, that's the one change I'd applaud:

King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

PSU has the best unis in the nation IMO. Home or away.

White helmets just make players look better.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

^^^^^

silly meds KAL and CRYOWA have the best unis

Sin,

mTard and Jon
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Team Bumblebee, best unis???

:lol:
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:PSU has the best unis in the nation IMO. Home or away.

White helmets just make players look better.
I used to think BYU had the best uniforms but they went and screwed that up.

I have to admit that San Diego state has the best looking helmets.

M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

I'm with Jimmy, i like PSU's uniforms too.

also, of uniform pads note, i was listening to the radio broacast of the Bronco-Chiefs game and the local guy, Dave Logan, made the comment that one of the WR's in the game after a hard hit wasn't wearing hip pads since most WR's don't.

maybe i've been asleep under a highway bridge with a big bucket of paint thinner, but i never knew that. is that common knowledge?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Vito Corleone wrote:I have to admit that San Diego state has the best looking helmets.

Please tell me you're joking. If that helmet was a woman there wouldn't be enough beer in the state of California to enable poundage.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Vito Corleone wrote:

I have to admit that San Diego state has the best looking helmets.

well, whoever took that photo ought to be fired for the light spot glare.

i sort of like em....but i can't fight hearing "harley gas tank airbrush job at the state fair" in my head. or "custom van".

better (and more daring) than most of the newish NFL helmets--which look like they are graphics from an early 80's pinball machine.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

full pads dont seem to hamper this guys play making ability or appearances on SportsCenter
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

SoCalTrjn wrote:full pads dont seem to hamper this guys play making ability or appearances on SportsCenter

reggie, reggie, reggie.....Trojans! Paul Hackett! uhhhhhhh! try and say something about a topic. eh? you doing this is getting even more boring than it used to be.

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

The Seer wrote: How long will PSU keep wearing those generic unis?
hopefully forever..

love the oldschool unis.
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

agreed Vito those helmets are pretty cool..
on the other hand, I hope PSU never changes.. or gets rid of JoPa.. or starts winning. In fact, Fuck PSU.. present company excluded. ;)
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Best Helmuts...period:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Worst 5:

5) Image

4)

3)

2)

1)

Those who stay will be champions.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

this aint a bad helmet

the White M was sharp, the gold one is ok.

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Kind of partial to this one:

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

my 5 best helmets

1. Image

2.Image

3.Image

4.Image

5.Image

honorable mentions to Michigan, Michigan State, Rice and Kansas State
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

BlindRef is biased. the whole helmet discussion cannot be had. because people are going to pick their team first. we are all homers at heart..
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

doesn't SMU wear blue helmets now? or did they go back to the white? the white are/were better.

I like Colorado's helmets in the second tier behind Bama, tOSU, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, FSU, Nebraska, USC, PSU, aTm.

though Nike/CU slightly changed the logo to a slight slant inside the Buffalo graphic, which doesn't look as good as the old logo, IMHO. in fact, i like CU's threads quite a bit. though, the black pants, white jersey, gold helmet road uni that was really nice has been replaced by all whites: which makes them look like Baylor.

some teams can do all white, and some can't. not sure what the variable is.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

peter dragon wrote:BlindRef is biased. the whole helmet discussion cannot be had. because people are going to pick their team first. we are all homers at heart..
I don't know how I am biased, just because Michigan is the best and Michigan State has the worst? I mean...that seems completly fair and balanced.

Ok fine, throw out the high and low, and I think the list isn't so bad.
Those who stay will be champions.
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

Best looking helmets

"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Halleluja! Somebody, bless you SoCalTrjn, remembers the greatness of the old SMU helmets/uniforms. In their short time, there wasn't a better uniform...and not many teams....better. ....oh, good old days syndrome....

Today? That USC uniform has got to be the best. Notice how they never really change it? They tweak it a little but it's essentially the same as when OJ played there. PSU's is classic but just too drab. Gimme' USC.

As far as padding, I remember Marcus Allen saying how he didn't want to be constricted by a bunch of pads so wore hardly any. Eric Dickerson took the exact opposite approach, wearing every pad he could. Both did pretty well.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

USC has had the 2 stripes on their pants for years, when USC switcehd to the stripe on their shoulder instead of the stripes on the lower part of the sleeve, they were just going back to the way they were before. USC also had minor changes to their helmets, Larry Smith switched the team to cardinal face masks and then later he changed the decal on the side of the helmet, he was fired the next year and the old decal was back but it took Pete Carroll to change the face masks back to gray.
USC is also one of the very few schools that didnt switch to white shoes in the 80's, some went to white shoes then back to black and now back to white (sup bRuins) but for the most part USC has kept traditionally the same uni for years