Good News, Bad news

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Good News, Bad news

Post by Mister Bushice »

The good news is that the Government is looking into Homeland Terrorists. Bad news is the Media got the wrong house. Nice Job, Fox.

The 'I told you so" news is listed below.
Couple Wrongly Tied to Radical Harassed

LA HABRA, Calif. - A couple whose home was wrongly identified on national television as belonging to an Islamic radical has faced harassment, and police are providing special protection.

After the report ran on Fox News on Aug. 7, people have shouted profanities at Randy and Ronnell Vorick and spray-painted "terrorist" (spelling it "terrist") on their property.

"I'm scared to go to work and leave my kids home. I call them every 30 minutes to make sure they're OK," Randy Vorick said.

John Loftus, a former federal prosecutor who appears on the Fox News segment "Inside Scoop with John Loftus," gave out the house address during the broadcast.

He said the home belonged to Iyad Hilal, whose group, Loftus said, has ties to those responsible for the July 7 bombings in London. But Hilal moved out of the house about three years ago.

Police have patrolled their house since the day after the broadcast and now have a squad car across the street. Police Capt. John Rees said the department was "giving special attention to the family to make sure they're safe."

The couple sought a public apology and correction.

"John Loftus has been reprimanded for his careless error, and we sincerely apologize to the family," said Fox spokeswoman Irena Brigante.

Loftus also apologized and told the Los Angeles Times last week that "mistakes happen. ... That was the best information we had at the time."

The
FBI has launched an inquiry into the activities of Hilal, a grocery store owner who is allegedly the U.S. leader of Hizb ut-Tahrir, which has been banned in parts of Europe and the Middle East.

Hilal, 56, is apparently not suspected of any terrorist acts, but FBI terrorism investigators want to know more about his and the group's activities.
I told you so being the fact that Americans will seek street justice no matter what, apparently.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

You know the media really needs to wise the fuck up. I don't care if they're leftist bent or rightie bent.

They release information that is far too often "stale", meaning the rate and nature of developments in an investigation happen too fast for even the "Up to the minute news" we have today.

Take for instance the "sniper" situation here. Or better yet, take for instance the report back in the 90's that Osama Bin Laden used a satellite phone and that's how we knew where he was. Needless to say, they don't use satellite phones as openly as they used to.

I swear, the media today would have lost WWII if they had the opportunity. They'd report "LATEST NEWS, ENIGMA MACHINE FOUND, GERMAN CODE BROKEN"

"NAVAJOS IN THE MARINES BAFFLE JAPS, LINGUIST JOE POP EXPLAINS"
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Outfuckingstanding.

Certainly no shortage of mouthbreathers in the streets who'll take that "best available" information and act protect America from the "terrists".

Wisdom prolly won't come until punitive damages are announced. A broadcast apology ain't enough.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Good News, Bad news

Post by BSmack »

Mister Bushice wrote:After the report ran on Fox News on Aug. 7, people have shouted profanities at Randy and Ronnell Vorick and spray-painted "terrorist" (spelling it "terrist") on their property.
What a surprise that Fox News viewers would be ignorant fucktards.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Bad news is the Media got the wrong house.
Actually, they got the right house. The terrorists lived there, just several years ago.
What a surprise that Fox News viewers would be ignorant fucktards.
I think vandals in general aren't the brightest bunch. Back in the 80's, my sister's best friend got her house TP'ed and egged. For the Coup de grace, they used toothpaste on the driveway and in giant capital letters wrote:
BICH