Whose going to win the Big 12???

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Whose going to win the Big 12???

Post by Vito Corleone »

Call your shot, I think Texas not only wins the conference but they are going to make it to the elite 8 and maybe the final 4.

Sorry OSU but Texas is about to steal your heart.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

I'll take KU.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Kansas will win the Big 12 and advance to the Final Four...I would like to see Texas or Ok. State there as well!
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Kansas is not a Final Four team. I don't even think they're an Elite Eight team. Eventually, someone is gonna make their guards shoot. Aaron Miles < Jacque Vaughn

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

mizzoufan is pained to say the gayhawks will win
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i think KU will win, but in terms of numbers i think it will be because of playing the North teams twice. Missouri could finish high if they pull their head out their ass and win a roadie or two for same reason.

i think Miles is vastly overrated.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

King Crimson wrote:i think KU will win, but in terms of numbers i think it will be because of playing the North teams twice. Missouri could finish high if they pull their head out their ass and win a roadie or two for same reason.
mizzou has been consistently 5th or 6th in the conference since its inaugural year. consistent ue its merely been consistent underachieving leads one to believe thy have been consistenly overrated.

mizzou will tease you
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Unlike Vaughn, Aaron Miles has shown a real knack for hitting big shots. He also hits shots when the team needs him to.

He isn't a great shooter, but he will knock down open looks...and hell, the guy is a winner. He's been on two Final Four teams and an Elite Eight squad. I don't think he'll keep them out of the Final Four. In my opinion, Miles is actually under-rated.

Kansas is really good this year.....this may be the best "team" they've had in the last 20 years or so. I really am optimistic this season.

Also - was the Texas kid ruled ineligible or no? They kept harping about it on Monday night, but I haven't heard anything else.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

[quote="the_ouskull"]Kansas is not a Final Four team. I don't even think they're an Elite Eight team. Eventually, someone is gonna make their guards shoot. Aaron Miles < Jacque Vaughn

the_ouskull[/quote]

One more thing - KU is actually a pretty good shooting team this year...I don't know the three point percentage (and I'm far too lazy to look it up!) but they shoot well. Galindo, Giddens, Robinson and Lee are all pretty decent shooters. Miles is average and Moody and Simien have even stepped out and made the three a handful of times. KU is good inside and out.

If you were messin' with me Skull.....you got me! :D
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

No messin'. I think that because of their schedule they'll win the Big 12 regular season title, probably get a #1 seed, and then flame out in the Sweet 16 or sooner...

...but I have been wrong before.

the_ouskull
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

As of last week they had played the toughest schedule in the country according to the RPI....just sayin'
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Bacefelice wrote:
King Crimson wrote:i think KU will win, but in terms of numbers i think it will be because of playing the North teams twice. Missouri could finish high if they pull their head out their ass and win a roadie or two for same reason.
mizzou has been consistently 5th or 6th in the conference since its inaugural year. consistent ue its merely been consistent underachieving leads one to believe thy have been consistenly overrated.

mizzou will tease you
i didn't say Missouri was good. i said they had schedule benefits.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

the_ouskull is not smart in the ways of the NCAA.

Sincerely,
Dead Reggie White
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Dead men are skilled at worm farming.

Sin,
The Poster Above Me
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

^^^^^ Just got his ass handed to him by ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/s ... id=1970281
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

DasChoads wrote: See what they do to Nebraska tonight, then get back to us.
Well I saw what they did and it didn't convinvce me that they were Final four contenders.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

I got my ass handed to me by ESPN thanks to that article you posted about Illinois? :?:

the_ouskull
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

DasChoads wrote:
moon wrote:
DasChoads wrote: See what they do to Nebraska tonight, then get back to us.
Well I saw what they did and it didn't convinvce me that they were Final four contenders.
Way to chime in after the fact Moon.........Ballsy

Yeah, KU didn't play thier best game last night. By my estimation that was one of the worst games they've played this year. Even when they play poorly they still win, and that is a sign of a great team.

See you in March....................
No problem.

I haven;t once slagged KU this season I was just pointing out that when you call others out for "supposed" stupid answers make sure you don;t go make stupid statements yourself.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Shine wrote:I'll take KU.
Followed by OSU and Texas in a tossup for 2nd and 3rd.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bacefelice wrote:mizzoufan is pained to say the gayhawks will win
Yep, and it IS painful for Tigerfan to have to admit it, even moreso because we suck.

I said before the season started that they should hand them the Big XII Title, and that was just based on their four returning seniors.

They have a deep bench and some nice freshman to add to the mix.

Bill Self is making the ku faithful forget about ol' Huckleberry rather quickly.

Definitely Final Four material.
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

I have to agree on this one, KU wins the Big 12. I'm a homer for OSU but not liking how they fold against the zone, and they play KU at KU this year. I might hope for a win at GIA, but it's an uphill that the Pokes haven't shown yet to win at KU. OSU has some work to do to stay as even a top 10 team IMHO. OSU is not playing Sutton defense and is underachieving offensively.

We will see a good idea of how they are working on it this Monday with a game at OU, who is playing better and better as the season progresses. That is assuming the Pokes beat Baylor at home on Saturday, which one would think is a given, but nothing is ever a given in the Big 12 and the Pokes broke down against Baylor a couple of years ago at home. It was before the Baylor meltdown, but you never know. I wouldn't take any game as a given at this point.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

the_ouskull wrote:I got my ass handed to me by ESPN thanks to that article you posted about Illinois? :?:
Because of your stellar OU edumacation, you failed to read the part on that page where ESPN listed their Final Four favorites...
Final Four Projections
Why do we think these schools are headed to St. Louis?

Jeff Shelman believes in Illinois' unselfish play.

Andy Katz thinks it's all about Wake's Chris Paul.

Andy Glockner analyzes UNC's offensive efficiency.

Jason King thinks Kansas is the toughest mentally.
Fucking hayseed.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Also, I have a question for the Kansas fans that I already know the answer to. Do you consider winning the regular season title or the Big 12 Tourney "winning the conference?"

the_ouskull
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Also, from that article that I had to have someone else read to me thanks to your edumacation smack...
Indeed, five of the Jayhawks' last seven victories have come by six points or fewer. The average college hoops fan would probably never guess that America's second-ranked team had to come from behind to defeat Vermont and South Carolina. Or that it needed a last-minute three-pointer to surge past Texas A&M -- all at home
Sounds like a championship squad to me...

Also, I was commenting on Kansas' shooting at one point... of your Top 10 guys, in minutes, only 4 are shooting in excess of 50% and two of those are your 9 and 10 guys. One of the others is Simien. Also, as a team, you're shooting 65% from the line. Not exactly a positive considering the number of close games you're in, and it COULD hurt you in the Dance...

...but what do I know?

I'm not flaming on Kansas. I LIKE Kansas and I am impressed with the job that Self has done there... I just don't see them being an Elite Eight kinda team. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it though...

Give my regards to Nebraska...

the_ouskull
joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

the_ouskull wrote:Also, from that article that I had to have someone else read to me thanks to your edumacation smack...
Indeed, five of the Jayhawks' last seven victories have come by six points or fewer. The average college hoops fan would probably never guess that America's second-ranked team had to come from behind to defeat Vermont and South Carolina. Or that it needed a last-minute three-pointer to surge past Texas A&M -- all at home
Sounds like a championship squad to me...

Also, I was commenting on Kansas' shooting at one point... of your Top 10 guys, in minutes, only 4 are shooting in excess of 50% and two of those are your 9 and 10 guys. One of the others is Simien. Also, as a team, you're shooting 65% from the line. Not exactly a positive considering the number of close games you're in, and it COULD hurt you in the Dance...

...but what do I know?

I'm not flaming on Kansas. I LIKE Kansas and I am impressed with the job that Self has done there... I just don't see them being an Elite Eight kinda team. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it though...

Give my regards to Nebraska...

the_ouskull

Scoreboard
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Scoreboard?

Please, explain. If you need help, one of the members here will be happy to assist you.

the_ouskull
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Texass goes 10-6 in confrence and barely obtains their bye in the first round of the Big 12 tourny.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Winning the conference is going to be a little more difficult now that we lost our floor leader and shooter for the year. But mark my words the young pups are going to grow up in the tourney and then in the big dance they are going to show the world how good they are. I stick by my prediction of elite 8 or final 4.

BTW a$m you still suck
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Vito Corleone wrote:BTW a$m you still suck
That's what I like to see. Back in 2000, Vito had little comments like this about OU after they beat them down at the Cotton Bowl after years of t.u. domination. Now, he calls them daddy. I hope A&M keeps rollin...

Oh, and KU wins the reg season. OSU wins the XII tourney.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...