Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

M-Dub's NCAA 2006 preview

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Here is my review of the game...

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... 464#116464

If you guys have any specific questions, let me know.
"Keys, woman!"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Re: M-Dub's NCAA 2006 preview

Post by The Seer »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Here is my review of the game...

What school were you referring to?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Re: M-Dub's NCAA 2006 preview

The Seer wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Here is my review of the game...

What school were you referring to?
Well, I've played almost all my games so far with CU, but it's just a general review. Most of that stuff applies to every team.
"Keys, woman!"
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Can I actually complete a pass when I have single coverage, or is it still so that when i see my WR in single coverage, as soon as I press 'O', the SS and Sam LB fly over over to rock his ass?
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Cicero wrote:Can I actually complete a pass when I have single coverage, or is it still so that when i see my WR in single coverage, as soon as I press 'O', the SS and Sam LB fly over over to rock his ass?
It depends on what side you throw to. But generally, the rumor is the defensive AI isn't at "mind reading" level any more.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I just can't play these new games anymore. I play Tiger Woods Golf and that's it.

I have CFB 2003, but I never could play it. At least I never could make myself play it.

I'm just used to the Tecmo Bowl where you hand it to Bo and let him go...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Cicero wrote:Can I actually complete a pass when I have single coverage, or is it still so that when i see my WR in single coverage, as soon as I press 'O', the SS and Sam LB fly over over to rock his ass?
The LBs with 60 inch verticals seem to be gone. You'll still get some balls swatted down, but not to the ridiculous extent that it happened on 05.

Passing to the flats has also been greatly improved. Your RBs actually make the catch on occasion, and on the run, no less! It still helps to have your User Catching abilities honed, though.
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Believe the Heupel wrote:I have a feeling that in this game you can kind of do the same with Peterson or Bush.
I haven't played with OU or USC, but they definitely have breakaway speed now. If you get into the secondary, you can actually take it to the house. There was nothing more frustrating on 05 than getting around the corner with your 95 speed HB, only to be run down from behind by a fucking DE.
"Keys, woman!"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

played my first two games with OU...

beat TCU 29-10 and Tulsa 35-7

passing is tough..but realistic...flat passes are greatly improved (thank God) and you can actually throw a quick pass ona fly and have it caught!

Peterson is SICK , tackle breakin' machine...

can't wait to play online.

BonzOmega <--online sig
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I haven't played a game yet, but I like the race for the Heisman feature. The practice drills are pretty sweet.

The only downside I have encountered so far the new controller setup while playing defense (O is no longer the player sprint button). It will take a bit to get used to it.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

MuchoBulls wrote:I haven't played a game yet, but I like the race for the Heisman feature. The practice drills are pretty sweet.

The only downside I have encountered so far the new controller setup while playing defense (O is no longer the player sprint button). It will take a bit to get used to it.
also, X is no longer the "switch to player closest to the ball" which used to be O...

another thing...the scramble with the QB..i used to (if noone was open) roll out to the left or right...when i went to tuck the ball..i threw it outta bounds :evil: no more tuck for the QB!!!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Moby Dick wrote:
MuchoBulls wrote:I haven't played a game yet, but I like the race for the Heisman feature. The practice drills are pretty sweet.

also, X is no longer the "switch to player closest to the ball" which used to be O...

another thing...the scramble with the QB..i used to (if noone was open) roll out to the left or right...when i went to tuck the ball..i threw it outta bounds :evil: no more tuck for the QB!!!
Moby hold the bottom button on your console controller down while running with the QB; like the sprint button and hold it. It is just like the old toggle and tuck. I think it is a great improvment. Paul Thompson is the shizzle using it on the Aceback trips fade routes :twisted:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

I'll tell ya one thing that I can't stand so far...

On BOTH of my sim'ed seasons now, Tulsa has beaten OU.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Moby Dick wrote:also, X is no longer the "switch to player closest to the ball" which used to be O...
That's the part where I am not used to. In a way I like it because X is now the Sprint button for both sides of the ball.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I got a weird pop-up when I was playing. Anyone else get this?

"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

^^^ Rack.

If it was USC, you could guaran-damn-tee they'd declare it themselves.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

anyone up for an NCAA online T1B tourney?

(near future)
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Killian wrote:Image
:lol: RACK!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

you forgot the cover of the game its self
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Bought it last night and '06 is the shiznit. The race for the Heisman feature is pretty sweet.
Shawn Marion
Elwood

Post by Shawn Marion »

At this point I have only played one game and it was online, coincidentally my first online game ever as well.

First, the dude I played was a cheeser. He was AtM and all he did was try and run with Reggie McNeal, whether it was the option or a pass and he always went for it on 4th down regardless of the situation.

Second, I absolutely hate the new button configuration. O instead of X to switch players on defense is absolutely retarded. Why change something that has been the same way since the game came out on original playstation? This made playing defense next to impossible for me. I only had 1 user catch and had to rely on my defensive play calling and the computer for me to play defense.

The new juking is dumb as well. This isn't as big of a deal for me though, because I don't juke all that often. It is just different and it will take some getting used to.

Also, I don't really understand the new passing with X not being a receiver, but being a speed burst.

I would just change the controller settings in the user options to the 2005 configuration, but I don't know if that would affect online play or not.

Third, from my one game I am glad that the DBs aren't retarded. The running seems about the same, although the option seems to be a little more jumpy and momentum doesn't seem to matter as much as it did..

Fourth, AJ Hawk is completely sick. Ashton Youboty is awesome (2 Ints, 2 TDs). Teddy Ginn lit it up as a receiver too.

Last, I am just glad I won. Final score 28-19. The douche I played jumped offsides for the last minute to prolong the game and then disconnected with 1 second left.
8-1 feels so much better than 2-10-1
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Killian wrote:I got a weird pop-up when I was playing. Anyone else get this?

:lol: :lol:

I'm going to have to get this game. The wytch possibilities are endless.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Shawn Marion wrote:At this point I have only played one game and it was online, coincidentally my first online game ever as well.

First, the dude I played was a cheeser. He was AtM and all he did was try and run with Reggie McNeal, whether it was the option or a pass and he always went for it on 4th down regardless of the situation.

Second, I absolutely hate the new button configuration. O instead of X to switch players on defense is absolutely retarded. Why change something that has been the same way since the game came out on original playstation? This made playing defense next to impossible for me. I only had 1 user catch and had to rely on my defensive play calling and the computer for me to play defense.

The new juking is dumb as well. This isn't as big of a deal for me though, because I don't juke all that often. It is just different and it will take some getting used to.

Also, I don't really understand the new passing with X not being a receiver, but being a speed burst.

I would just change the controller settings in the user options to the 2005 configuration, but I don't know if that would affect online play or not.

Third, from my one game I am glad that the DBs aren't retarded. The running seems about the same, although the option seems to be a little more jumpy and momentum doesn't seem to matter as much as it did..

Fourth, AJ Hawk is completely sick. Ashton Youboty is awesome (2 Ints, 2 TDs). Teddy Ginn lit it up as a receiver too.

Last, I am just glad I won. Final score 28-19. The douche I played jumped offsides for the last minute to prolong the game and then disconnected with 1 second left.
valid points..

another BIG BIG problem (online that is) is on KO returns and ANYTIME you're inside your own 20...ever notice how lag is INSANE on a KO return (if you end up returning it?) and then if you get pinned behind the 20....and you try to pass...lag city and you (I) usually throw a pick if the receiver isnt open.

i'm currently 8-5.. just lost a barn burner to a guy that was VT (i was Tejas) all he did with vick was roll out..and hit a guy that was open..(if he wasnt open he'd run with it). i lost 38-35 on a last second FG...

Louisville's Playbook is the shiznit btw.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Anyone else get hosed in Race for the Heisman? Maybe its a freshman bias thing, but dammit I have never been more pissed. I am playing w/ Tennessee and my guy is a Vince Young Prototype except he is white and can throw. Led my boys to an undefeated season and I was tops in the Heisman Watch every week and those fucks over at EA still gave it to Leinart. So, like real life, the Heisman winner got his ass punked by Patrick Bateman and the Volunteers.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The real life Volunteers need to worry about beating Notre Dame before they can focus on USC and the Heisman winner
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Cicero wrote: I am playing w/ Tennessee and my guy is a Vince Young Prototype except he is white and can throw.
So, really, not a Vince Young prototype at all.

:lol:
Tru. Just he is the same size and can run like a gazelle.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Just finished my first season with Boise State (12-1), losing only to Georgia in week 3. Ended up 3rd in the BCS and played Oregon State for a second time in the Sugar Bowl and winning 28-10. Was #2 in both polls (including about 20 first place votes in the media) to end the season. Was given a 5 year contract extension and bumped BSU's prestige to 4 stars.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

I wish I could pick the pics of my girlfriends for my dorm room. My dude is a stud so i cant understand why he loves the ugly bitches.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Cicero wrote:I wish I could pick the pics of my girlfriends for my dorm room. My dude is a stud so i cant understand why he loves the ugly bitches.
It's just art imitating life, Crown.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Dammit Skull. Put that on a tee for ya. We gonna see Bomar this fall?
Invictus
H.N.I.C.

Post by Invictus »

Cicero wrote:I wish I could pick the pics of my girlfriends for my dorm room. My dude is a stud so i cant understand why he loves the ugly bitches.
I love that feature. I was a black tailback as a frosh and the computer gave me a fat white broad as a girlfriend. THAT...was very funny.

Anyone know any of the type in codes for the pennants that can't be purchased with Campus Challenge points?

The best thing about this version is the vastly improved AI. All American is as difficult as Heisman was on last year's game and Heisman is unbelievably difficult.
by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:30 am
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:

Right. Because unlike you, I actually respond to Vic. He's a funny poster
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Very impressed with the AI, although I had to bump up the penalties a bit, haven't had one pass interference call yet.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Random Thoughts

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the control settings, when you have the ability to switch to the 2005 settings (even on online play).

In previous games, picking up positive yardage on the ground against the blitz was not too difficult, whereas in 2006, it's very difficult. The run is designed to pick up big yardage against a failed blitz, but any respectable defense gets in way too fast for that to happen.

Passing and running, in general though, seems to be easier and I like the subtle changes. Being able to reverse your play at the line, as someone already mentioned is a great feature, but I don't like it so much when playing someone else, because if you sniffed out which way they were planning on running, that should be a credit to you, and they should not have the opportunity to change what you essentially "called them out on". Even though one could audible anyway and change up the direction, but I digress.

I've played a few games online so far. I'd say about 75% of my opponents so far have not been complete cheeseball assholes (aka, probably not people under the age of 17). I don't know what I think about the proposed etiquette of online play, at least when it comes down to punting on 4th. A mathematical analysis would be interesting, but I would have to say the chances are always going to be considerably more than slightly that the offense will pick up the first down on a 4th and 3, 4th and 2, 4th and 1 (at least for video game play). If the odds are stacked in your favor, why would you decline such an advantage? Doesn't make sense. Why would anyone want to decrease their chances of winning in order to uphold "etiquette"? Although I do tend to punt on 4th and 3 or more, I do sometimes go for it, but depending of course on where the ball is at, score, time left, etc. In short, I don't get pissed at others for going for it because they're just exercising a clear advantage.

Now, those kids that roll out looking to run first, pass second, that's another story...
Last edited by MgoBlue-LightSpecial on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

^^^^

My roomates in college would make these fast ass mutha fuckas and just roll out and take off every play. Its almost impossible to defend a guy w/ all 99s in open space.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I would have gotten new roommates.

Seriously.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

If any of you guys are interested in some straight games...

http://www.vgsportsinc.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=27069
"Keys, woman!"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:If any of you guys are interested in some straight games...

IN.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:If any of you guys are interested in some straight games...

You can't analog blitz? What kind of bullshit is that? If they're going to do that, they should also eliminate analog option attack, because it's much easier to exploit defenders as opposed to the D-pad.