A-Rod v. Schilling

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Jack
enigma

A-Rod v. Schilling

Post by Jack »

A-Rod to Schilling: Yankees motivated to 'beat him up'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Even in the dead of winter, Alex Rodriguez and Curt Schilling are still going at it.

"I just hope he continues to talk about me and my teammates," the New York Yankees third baseman said Friday. "It's going to give us great motivation to beat him up in the future."

Schilling called it a "bush-league play" after Rodriguez was called out for interference in Game 6 of the AL Championship Series last October. A-Rod, trying to beat out an infield dribbler, slapped the ball away from pitcher Bronson Arroyo near first base.

Who will win this battle?

The Red Sox and The Yankees are on top of a cliff. They're fighting over which team is more devoted to their fans. So Jeter goes to the edge of the cliff and throws a million dollars off and says this will make one person happy. Then A-Rod goes and throws two million off and says this will make two people happy. Finally Johnny Damon goes up and pushes the Yankees off the cliff and says " this will make EVERYONE happy"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Good to see the Yanks-Sox rivalry will never die down...

Schilling would win even with a bad wheel. A-Rod swings his purse at him and Schill drops him with an overhand right. :lol:
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Inaccurate

Schilling called it a "Kerry-league play".

:lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

rozy wrote:Inaccurate

Schilling called it a "Kerry-league play".

:lol:
That's bad, almost grounds for removal :?
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Shoalzie wrote:Good to see the Yanks-Sox rivalry will never die down...

Schilling would win even with a bad wheel. A-Rod swings his purse at him and Schill drops him with an overhand right. :lol:
They were talking on the radio about schillings rehab not going as well and quickly as hoped, but that he had some special "crutch" made that attaches to his ankle so he can pitch. Said he wouldn't miss pitching opening day vs the unit no matter what.

Red sox fan, what say you? :lol:
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

More from the A-Fraud...

Ever since he hit 2-for-17 in the final four games of the playoff loss to Boston, Rodriguez has indicted himself for the defeat.

"Blame it on me. If there's one guy to blame, you've got to look right here," he said.

He treats the sniping, which has been front- and backpage news, as trivial.

"I think all of this is good for the game, believe it or not, as funny as it may be," he said.

He made light of the slap play in Game 6 of the AL Championship Series, when he hit an infield dribbler, swatted at pitcher Bronson Arroyo's glove and knocked the ball loose. After umpires huddled, he was called out for interference. Rodriguez said "it took a lot of guts for the umps to make that call in Yankee Stadium -- in that environment."

"I thought it was a brilliant play. We almost got away with it," Rodriguez said. "I was stuck in an alley, boys, there was no place to go. And I gave my karate. I only got to yellow belt, but I gave them my karate. And, again, I think Brandon's a great pitcher. I played with him in high school."

Brandon? Rodriguez hit a winning homer against Arroyo in high school. Still, he got his first name wrong.

This season is going to be interesting!!!

I gave them my karate

Tell me he didn't say that!!! :? :? :lol: :lol:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and now he's being called out by NBC Sports!
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Is it me,or even though the Red Sox finally got over the the Yanks,they STILL are whining like little kids? Waaaahhhhhh A-rod is bush,,WAAAAAH the Yankees are greedy.

Jesus even winning the World Series isnt good enough for these fucks!

Almost makes you wanna root for the Yankees next year,,,ALMOST!!!!
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Good take. Seems like all the Red Sox are making an effort to take their shots at A-Rod. As I recall, the entire Yankee team flopped in that series. Notice how you don't see the Yankees run it like that when they win the World Series.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Mustang wrote:Good take. Seems like all the Red Sox are making an effort to take their shots at A-Rod. As I recall, the entire Yankee team flopped in that series. Notice how you don't see the Yankees run it like that when they win the World Series.

Because they have gotten used to it. The Sox are acting like little kids that just won the big prize at a carnival taunting the other kids who didn't.

Show some class Red sox,you dont see the Patriots acting like jerks.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

The Assassin wrote:Is it me,or even though the Red Sox finally got over the the Yanks,they STILL are whining like little kids? Waaaahhhhhh A-rod is bush,,WAAAAAH the Yankees are greedy.

Jesus even winning the World Series isnt good enough for these fucks!

Almost makes you wanna root for the Yankees next year,,,ALMOST!!!!

rack
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

The Assassin wrote:Almost makes you wanna root for the Yankees next year,,,ALMOST!!!!
Nah, makes me want to root for Boston to finish dead last and the Yanks second to last.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

IndyFrisco wrote:
The Assassin wrote:Almost makes you wanna root for the Yankees next year,,,ALMOST!!!!
Nah, makes me want to root for Boston to finish dead last and the Yanks second to last.

I tell ya what,I'm going to be pulling for the Blue Jays to win the AL East.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro