So you don't want to spend 60 bills on the new Madden...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

So you don't want to spend 60 bills on the new Madden...

Post by BSmack »

... but you still want some fresh football action?

Blitz: The League

This could have some serious potential. Any of you gaming freaks play any of the old Blitz titles? Were they any good?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

One of the coolest additions to the gameplay is the inclusion of a "clash" meter, which allows defensive players to deal out punishing, injury-causing hits to the ballcarrier. There's a gauge on the top right side of the screen that will fill out every time you tackle an opponent for a loss on defense, complete a long pass on the offensive side of the ball, or pull off any of a bevy of moves. Once the meter is full, you can injure an opposing player (in our case, the quarterback) by holding down the left trigger and pressing A. The game suddenly slowed down, and we were treated to a shot of the quarterback's leg breaking in an X-ray view
Many of the games also feature an objective-based mode of sorts, as you'll be able to make side bets with other players that tie into the story itself. Maybe the opposing quarterback has been talking smack all week and your teammates want him taken out. If you're the one to do it, you'll get a little extra in your paycheck
HOLY SHIT-FUCKING RACK!!!

Fuck Madden-that game is a second rate bitch compared to last years ESPN game. I hope this one smashes this years pisspoor version as well-it already is in the cost area of it.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

The older Blitz titles were pretty badass. I like Madden but it takes like an hour to play one game. You can play like 3 Blits games in an hour.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Last time I checked, I think Madden is only $19.99. I'll pass on that schlocky Longest Yard crap. I want a true sim of the NFL. Madden 06 comes out a week from Tuesday...I'll pick up my copy during my lunch break.

Post by Guest »

Even though Blitz: The League is remarkably similar in many ways to the games that came before it, the addition of a deep story mode should prove to make the title much more entertaining. We were told that the game doesn't only take place on the field, either, as players can start trouble in a variety of outside environment, including old standbys like bars, nightclubs, and prison.
Think the dude from playmakers isn't laughing his ass off at Tags now?

Payback is a bitch and pressuring ESPN to cancel that show was the biggest bitch move in his history of bitch moves.

Heres to hoping that this game buries Madden.

Won't happen but I can dream.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Agree with the "no other game will ever be better than Madden."

Second, Shoalzie, the new Madden is closer to $50 than it is $20. I mean, unless you're hittin' some kind of 60% off sale...

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

the_ouskull wrote:Second, Shoalzie, the new Madden is closer to $50 than it is $20. I mean, unless you're hittin' some kind of 60% off sale...
I recall last year that they dropped the price quite a bit when ESPN's football game came out at only $19.99. I sure hope isn't going to cost $50. Babbage's has the game listed for $39.99 but it also says the release date August 28...I seem to remember reading on EA's site that it was August 9. Regardless, I'll pick my copy up the day it is first on the shelves.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah, I just went see EA's site and I saw that too...I hope it is coming out then. The sooner, the better!
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

With no competition, there is no need for EA to drop the price of Madden. Saw a Madden commercial this afternoon, only 9 days to go. ESPN was pretty good, but it had a bad habit of freezing up. (all ESPN titles have had that problem on the Xbox)
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:Last time I checked, I think Madden is only $19.99. I'll pass on that schlocky Longest Yard crap. I want a true sim of the NFL. Madden 06 comes out a week from Tuesday...I'll pick up my copy during my lunch break.
Last time you checked you were looking at a year old Madden 2005 game. The price of Madden 2006 will be at least 50 bills.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown