Middlebrooks for Engelberger trade complete

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Middlebrooks for Engelberger trade complete

Post by Guest »

I'm heading up to Napa for a week starting tomorrow morning but I thought I'd post this tidbit first since no other Bronco fans on this board seem to give a fuck any more. :roll:

Middlebrooks sent to 49ers for lineman
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer

The Broncos will announce a trade today in which they acquire San Francisco 49ers defensive end John Engelberger in exchange for cornerback Willie Middlebrooks.

Engelberger's agent, Robert Lattinville, said 49ers coach Mike Nolan called his client Thursday night to inform him the deal was finalized. Lattinville said Nolan told Engelberger the trade will be formally announced today.

The deal went through after the 49ers were satisfied with their background check of Middlebrooks, who is dealing with a domestic violence court case.

"John is extremely happy to be joining the Broncos," Lattinville said. "He loves the idea of being a Bronco."

The 6-foot-4, 268-pound Engelberger, who became expendable in San Francisco because the 49ers are moving to a 3-4 defensive front, is expected to be a key backup at defensive end for Denver. Known as an intense player, Engelberger had a career-high six sacks last season and has 17 1/2 sacks in five NFL seasons. He was a second-round pick from Virginia Tech in the 2000 draft.

Middlebrooks, the No. 24 overall selection in 2001, was injured most of his career with the Broncos. He was

contributing as a backup cornerback and on special teams last season before he suffered ligament damage in his leg in December, ending his year.
Denver used its top three draft choices in April on cornerbacks. Middlebrooks and Engelberger, 28, each have two years remaining on their contracts.

Middlebrooks was arrested Jan. 1 on misdemeanor domestic violence charges and has an Oct. 11 trial date. He had a court hearing Monday in which he had a temporary restraining order vacated.

Denver's other new players via trade this offseason include defensive linemen Gerard Warren, Ebenezer Ekuban and Michael Myers from Cleveland and punter Todd Sauerbrun from Carolina.

Bill Williamson can be reached at 303-820-5450 or bwilliamson@denverpost.com.

Upon further review this looks like another good move for the Broncos. We give up our former first round bust who was listed at about 37th on the depth chart for a dude who had six sacks last season and appears to have potential at a need position. Don't know what the fuck Nolan is thinking (3/4 my ass) but I'm happy to take advantage of the moron before the valiums wear off and he comes to his senses. Any 49er fans that arent ashamed to show their faces in here? What can you tell me about this dude that I don't already know. The reports I'm reading say he is a hard nosed high effort guy, perfect for our D.

Rack Shanny.

Read it and weep girls.

8)
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Great trade by Denver

signed,

no it wasn't.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

wow. career high six sacks last year. impressive.

sincerely,

sean springs
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

there's nothing that captivates me more than reading the intricate details of an insignificant trade.

RACK and chive
get out, get out while there's still time