Patriots sign Exec Pioli to extension

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Th
PAT FAN

Patriots sign Exec Pioli to extension

Post by Th »

This may not mean much to a casual fan but this man is as essential to the Patriot's recent success as any player or coach. It is a major development in the right direction for the Pats and is a precedent for an extension for Belichick in my opinion.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm? ... 34&pcid=47

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots have signed Vice President of Player Personnel Scott Pioli to a contract extension. Terms of the extension were not disclosed.
“We are proud to announce this extension,” said Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft. “Scott has done a tremendous job managing our personnel department and overseeing the draft for us. He has successfully evaluated, recruited and acquired talented players who are also quality individuals that represent our family well, both on the field and in the community.”

“There is mutual respect between Robert, Jonathan, the Kraft family and myself,” said Pioli. “We have shared a great deal of success and I am happy to have an extended agreement with them.”

Pioli, 40, joined the organization in 2000 along with Head Coach Bill Belichick and has played an integral role in rebuilding the Patriots into one of the most successful teams in NFL history. In just his second season in New England, the Patriots won their first league championship with a 20-17 victory over the St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI. Despite the modern-era challenges of free agency and salary caps, the Patriots have formulated a plan to maintain long-term success. In the past four seasons, Pioli has stocked the team with the talent to win three Super Bowl titles, including each of the last two. In 2003 and 2004, the depth and versatility of New England’s roster helped the team overcome numerous and significant injuries to win a total of 34 games, the most in NFL history over a two-year span. In 2003, the Patriots utilized 42 different starters, the most in league history by a division champion, and defeated the Carolina Panthers 32-29 in Super Bowl XXXVIII to finish 17-2. Last year, the Patriots utilized 40 different starters, yet repeated as Super Bowl Champions with a 24-21 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX. It marked the first time in NFL history that a head coach and a personnel director had celebrated three Super Bowl titles in four years together.

Following the 2003 season, a 39-year old Pioli became the youngest person ever to earn the NFL Executive of the Year honors at the age of 39. In 2004, Pioli earned the honor for the second consecutive season as the Patriots finished 17-2 and were crowned champions once again. Pioli is one of just three executives to receive the award in consecutive years, joining Bill Polian and Bobby Beathard
Go Patriots! ! ! !
RSoxFan
Elwood

Re: Patriots sign Exec Pioli to extension

Post by RSoxFan »

Believe me I am extremely overjoyed.

Post by Guest »

Dude is still underrated if thats possible. Lucky for Pats fans that dude is afraid to strike out on his own and keeps turning down lucrative deals elsewhere.

:evil:
RSoxFan
Elwood

Post by RSoxFan »

icantstopfarting wrote:Dude is still underrated if thats possible. Lucky for Pats fans that dude is afraid to strike out on his own and keeps turning down lucrative deals elsewhere.

:evil:
I agree with you, but perhaps he realizes that he has a great thing here and that presumably there will be be plenty of time to run the ship himself.