Haven't these people got anything better to do

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Haven't these people got anything better to do

Post by Mister Bushice »

With all the blatant sleaze on network night time TV, all the dead bodies and shot up corpses they show, they're worried about a few bad words? :roll:

Parents group complains about ABC's Live 8 show
Thursday July 14 3:54 PM ET

A parents group on Thursday accused the ABC television network of violating broadcast decency standards when it failed to censor all profanity uttered during the recent Live 8 concert, an event held to draw attention to poverty in poor countries.

The Parents Television Council, which has filed numerous complaints about potentially indecent material on television, asked the Federal Communications Commission to levy a fine on ABC stations for failing to censor the July 2 performance of "Who Are You" by The Who.

"The program was aired on a tape delay, which should have given ABC ample time to edit all obscenities from the concert prior to broadcast," Tim Winter, PTC executive director, said in a statement.

ADVERTISEMENT
The complaint was filed against the Washington, D.C., ABC affiliate WJLA, but the council asked the FCC to take action against all the ABC stations that aired the profanity, according to a spokeswoman for the organization.

U.S. law bars radio and television broadcasters from airing obscene material and are limited to airing indecent material, typically profanity or sexually explicit content, to late night hours when children are less likely to be in the audience.

"Unfortunately, one inappropriate phrase sung by one performer was initially missed and made it into the East Coast network feed," ABC said in a statement. "It was subsequently edited out of the West Coast feed."

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co.

The FCC in the past has gone both ways in handling profanity on television. It decided against taking action when ABC aired the profanity-laden film "Saving Private Ryan." Yet the agency said NBC stations violated the law when Irish U2 rocker Bono swore during the 2003 Golden Globe Awards program, however issued no fines.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I usualy don't support terrorisim, but if somebody blew up the offices of the Parents Television Council, I'd be cool with it. These people need to STFU and raise their own kids, not everybody else's.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Here's what I do. My daughter is 4-years-old now and very impressionable. If I hear a profanity uttered on TV for some reason. I do nothing. I don't act like it's a big deal. In my mind, I make a mental note to be more careful. If someone in my company, like a relative, curses, I make no emotion, but talk to that person later to cool the language. I don't draw attention that someone just said a bad word.

Parents freaking out over stuff like this makes it cool to do. If I freaked out everytime someone curse around my daughter, I think she'd have a sailor's mouth. As it stands, the worse I've heard her say is "Dammit" and that came from me cursing whenever I've been doing chores around the house and something goes wrong.

It's called a remote control people. Use it.

Oh and if you didn't know that the Who's "Who are you" contains a curse word, then I feel sorry for you for being so ignorant in pop culture.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

It's called exercising your right to free speech. Respect it and MoveOn.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:It's called exercising your right to free speech. Respect it and MoveOn.
[Raider James mode]They can respect my ducking dick as it's slamming up their poop chute.[/Raider James mode]
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

BSmack wrote:I usualy don't support terrorisim, but if somebody blew up the offices of the Parents Television Council, I'd be cool with it. These people need to STFU and raise their own kids, not everybody else's.

how about a few abortion cliniics instead?