MU football player dies

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

MU football player dies

Post by Adelpiero »

no link yet, but it was red shirt Aaron O'Neal.

terrible news to start season!
Last edited by Adelpiero on Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

That's why I didn't do it until my senior season.

Sin,
TFRW

----------

Seriously though, whenever you learn more, please post. That's kinda messed up that someone died while lifting weights. Did he have any other health problems or anything?

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

^^^ Texas in the dome ^^^

This kind of stuff sucks.

'sall
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

rip

MU football player dies after workout
By Graham Watson
Of the Post-Dispatch
07/12/2005
MU O'Neal
Aaron O'Neal runs the ball for Parkway North in this file photo from 2003. The Mizzou recruit died Tuesday after a practice with the Tigers.
(Jorie Lewis)

Mizzou football player Aaron O'Neal of St. Louis died Tuesday after off-season workouts at Faurot Field.

Witnesses at the workout said O'Neal appeared to struggle after the last running drill, and was helped off the field and to the weight room by a teammate after practice.

He reportedly went into cardiac arrest around 3 p.m. However, the cause of death has yet to be released.

O'Neal, a redshirt freshman and former Parkway North linebacker, had no known cardiovascular problems. He was listed as No. 3 on the MU depth chart.

University officials said a statement regarding the incident would likely be released later this evening
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

This is sad and unfortunate, but I'm sure you'll have some people out there mumbling about players going soft, which some old timers that remember practices with no water in their days say.

Even I practiced with limited water in 100 degree heat in high school football practices. Our coaches would get pissed that we were dying to get some water.

Personally, I think this stuff happens now more frequently because athletes push their bodies more and more. They're in better shape, but work themselves harder. Some that die seem to be athletes that are ones that have pressure to have a lot of weight on their bodies and to be quick. Seems to be a dangerous combination.

Who knows the exact reason. This just stresses the importance of being careful in the heat, eating right, having proper hydration, etc.
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Tejas in my dome. Not since 1999.

Football in my dome? Ab-so-fin-lutely. And even when it's not competitive... OU / Tejas IS football...

the_ouskull
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Come on skull. Admitting it is the first step to recovery.

I could post a picture of Jessica Alba with spread legs and Jessica Simpson eating her out while riding a 2 ft. double dong dildo with Jennifer Anniston going ass to ass “Requiem for a Dream”-style and you’d still have to mention something about Texas and how they suck before commenting on said heaven on the screen.

Come on. Admit it.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Frisco, you would have to replace Jennifer Anniston with Bob Stoops and then you would have a skull wet dream.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

And Jessica Simpson with Barrah. :lol:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

as much as i dislike Pinkel, it was the first time i seen a coach show that much compassion for a kid. He truely was heart broken by the kids death. Other coaches, no names need to be named, would of held press conference, and just scratched his name off the 3rd string depth chart!

i'll have to lay off stinkel till season starts!
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

IndyFrisco wrote:And Jessica Simpson with Barrah. :lol:
Wouldn't it make more sense to have Aikman on one side? :D
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

No really. Which coaches would have done that?
the_ouskull

Post by the_ouskull »

Dick Vermiel? 'course, he'd lose it if the kid's best friend's dog got hit by a car...

the_ouskull
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Kietzman on WHB 810 mentioned today that a reporter from the KC Star called O'Neil's cell phone last hight, and printed in his story today what the voicemail greeting was?

Who the fuck is this reporter? Is he 1/16th related to Shrubber?

Big XII respects to the O'Neil family.
Nope. Not dead.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

JHawkBCD wrote:Kietzman on WHB 810 mentioned today that a reporter from the KC Star called O'Neil's cell phone last hight, and printed in his story today what the voicemail greeting was?
Probably Jeffrey Flanagan looking for something - anything - to fill his Top O' the Morning column.