Mel Kiper Jr.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Mel Kiper Jr.

Post by RadioFan »

Just heard him predict OU would lose to UCLA and Texas, during the "football power hour" or whatever they call it. That's the show where they spend an hour each week breaking down a major conference in CB.

I didn't hear the majority of it -- just caught the last part of the hour where he was talking about OU.

The Texas game I can see, maybe. The streak's going to end sometime and this may be the year, depending on Texas' run defense and OU's QB.

But UCLA? :roll: I know it's at the Rose Bowl and the Bruins are supposed to be better than last year, but I'll bet OU is a 10-point favorite going into that game, at least.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Ou is not going to be that good this year compared to the last 4 years.

Just to let you know.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Mr T wrote:Ou is not going to be that good this year compared to the last 4 years.

Just to let you know.
I don't see them losing to anyone on the schedule this year, with the possible exception of Texas. Nebraska has a better shot of beating them in Lincoln than UCLA does out West, imo.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

and thanks alot to FSU fan: none of us would ever have figured that out without your canny analysis....that every one on planet earth has already made.

did you watch ESPN this morning? i hope you didn't strain any muscles in your forearm.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

RadioFan wrote: I don't see them losing to anyone on the schedule this year, with the possible exception of Texas. Nebraska has a better shot of beating them in Lincoln than UCLA does out West, imo.
I see Okie State, UCLA, Neb, TTech, and Texas all going either way depending on how OU plays this year.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Mr T wrote:Okie State ...
In Norman? Nope.
Last edited by RadioFan on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'd like to come clear that i was not talking about Lyme disease or Wyatt Sexton--that's not something i'd make fun of. no way.

but, rather, a joke about masterbation--and OU being included by such mental giants as Trev Alberts among the overrated which seems to elicit a predictable amount of joy. and that OU lost a lot of players to graduation and the NFL is something OU fan is keenly aware of.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

King Crimson wrote:i'd like to come clear that i was not talking about Lyme disease or Wyatt Sexton--that's not something i'd make fun of. no way.
Same here. Wasn't making fun of Sexton ... only myopic FSU Fan. I'll edit my post.
King Crimson wrote:but, rather, a joke about masterbation--and OU being included by such mental giants as Trev Alberts among the overrated.
Yikes ... mental giants and Trev Alberts.

For real torture in the War on Terror, I propose nonstop commentary by Trev and Bobby V., with special guest Mel Kiper. Hell, if that were to actually be employed at Gitmo and via the VOA in Iraq, we'd have this war won within a week.

"No MAS, Please, for the love of Allah!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

good: let's get on with it:

1979/80 Orange Bowl: OU 24, FSU 7 (All Billy Sims, all day all night, all music video)

1980/81 Orange Bowl: OU 18, FSU 17 (one of my favorite games ever--Steve Rhodes and Forrest Valora--great comeback for the vaunted Sooner aerial circus)

2000 Orange Bowl: OU 13, FSU 2

and Mel sucks. listening to him is like banging your cock between two bricks.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

and: i could see OU losing 1-3 games this year, doesn't really flip me out. that's football.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

UCLA - 27

Oklahoma - 21
E UNUM PLURIBUS
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

UCLA didnt give up 55 to the Trojans, course UCLA's last game out they lost to North Dakota or someone.

Kiper was trying to get a rise out of people, everyone usually picks games the same way (just look how everyone picked OU big in the Orange bowl last year, except Corso) Mel was just going a direction that may not be as popular and would get people talking football in the off season

seemed to have worked

::edited::
Last edited by SoCalTrjn on Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

SoCalTrjn wrote:UCLA didnt give up 55 to the Trojans, course in their last game out they lost to North Dakota or someone.
Try English next time, K?
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I didn't realize anyone paid any attention to Mel Kiper Jr. outside of the few weeks prior to the NFL draft. I love how the guy is supposed to be some genious CFB scout, yet I never see him talk about CFB unless it directly relates to the draft. Fuck Mel Kiper and fuck his hair.
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

The Seer wrote:UCLA - 27

Oklahoma - 21

Karl Dorrell.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

If Brown can't beat OU this year he never will, I actually give Texas a fair shot this year. But UCLA? No way, too soft to take out a big-boy.

I don't see anyone from the north beating OU but Tech and ATM will have a real shot as well.

I think Neb will basically stack-up to stop Peterson and hope Broehm chokes. Though considering how bad our pass-d will likely be he won't have to be be that good. But our O should actually be able to put up some points this year and the game is in Lincoln. I'll say OU31 Neb 17

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

King Crimson wrote:
The Seer wrote:UCLA - 27

Oklahoma - 21

Karl Dorrell.

(In spite of)
E UNUM PLURIBUS
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Dan: I know Charity pretty well. She is best friends with two girls I have known since college. Not only that, one of the girls's other pals is Kara Monaco, Miss June.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

RadioFan wrote:
King Crimson wrote:i'd like to come clear that i was not talking about Lyme disease or Wyatt Sexton--that's not something i'd make fun of. no way.
Same here. Wasn't making fun of Sexton ... only myopic FSU Fan. I'll edit my post.
Yeah I am myopic.

This coming from the guy who just said:
[marq=right]
RadioFan wrote: I don't see them losing to anyone on the schedule this year

I just called my own team out just a couple of days ago. So shut the fuck up.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

RadioFan wrote:
In Norman? Nope.
Yeah that hasnt happen in a long time....

:roll:
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

King Crimson wrote:good: let's get on with it:

1979/80 Orange Bowl: OU 24, FSU 7 (All Billy Sims, all day all night, all music video)

1980/81 Orange Bowl: OU 18, FSU 17 (one of my favorite games ever--Steve Rhodes and Forrest Valora--great comeback for the vaunted Sooner aerial circus)

2000 Orange Bowl: OU 13, FSU 2
Wow this would be valuable information if this was a thread about the FSU-OU series. Too bad it ain't.
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Danimal wrote:
Thread over.

Archive.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

OUMO wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Thread over.

Archive.
2nd
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

OUMO wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Thread over.

Archive.
Thread?
FIGHT ON!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mr T wrote:
RadioFan wrote:
In Norman? Nope.
Yeah that hasnt happen in a long time....

:roll:
They got their 7th win in Norman in over 54 attempts. It must be a trend :roll:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Danimal wrote:Image
Guuudjjschh
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

T REX wrote:Dan: I know Charity pretty well. She is best friends with two girls I have known since college. Not only that, one of the girls's other pals is Kara Monaco, Miss June.
Since when did Zyclone start posting in this forum?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Who is Zyclone? I have known Charity for years. I won't even go into detail since most of you would scream all kinds of immature venom. Does it really matter?
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Sorry Heupel, I meant Bomar. That is who Phil Steele has down as your likely starting qb anyway.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?