Damn good thing we're containing terrorism to just Iraq..

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Damn good thing we're containing terrorism to just Iraq..

Post by Mister Bushice »

Otherwise, stuff like this could happen.
World leaders pledge united front against terror after London blasts

1 hour, 23 minutes ago

BERLIN (AFP) - Leaders from around the world expressed shock and anger over the deadly blasts in the heart of London that killed at least 33 people and determination to crush the terrorist threat.

The Group of Eight most industrialized nations declared at their summit in Gleneagles, Scotland that Thursday's "barbaric" London bombings were attacks on the civilized world and said they would stand together to defeat militants.

"We condemn utterly these barbaric attacks," the G8 said in a statement read by the visibly shaken summit host, British Prime Minister
Tony Blair.

"We are united in our resolve to confront and defeat this terrorism. This is not an attack on one nation, but on all nations and on civilized people everywhere," Blair said, flanked by the leaders of G8 nations Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia and the United States as well as those of guest countries China, India, Brazil, Mexico and South Africa.

US
President George W. Bush vowed in a separate statement to reporters in Gleneagles that the war on terrorism would continue until "an ideology of hate" had been overcome.

"They have such evil in their heart that they will take the lives of innocent folks. The war on terrorism is on," Bush said.

"I was most impressed with the resolve of all the leaders in the room. Their resolve is as strong as my resolve."

As condolences poured in from around the globe,
NATO Secretary General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer condemned the "appalling attacks" and said the alliance would not waver in its struggle against violent extremists.

"I condemn in the strongest terms these attacks, which underline the need for the international community and members of the Alliance to remain united in the fight against terrorism," he said.

A group calling itself the Organization of Al-Qaeda Jihad in Europe claimed responsibility for the bombings and threatened similar attacks in Italy, Denmark and other countries with troops in
Iraq and
Afghanistan.

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said the explosions that hit London Thursday prove that terrorism is an global plague that can strike anywhere.

"What is happening in Iraq can happen in any country," Talabani, whose country is the scene of daily insurgent bombings, told reporters.

"I'm telling my Arab brothers that terrorism today in Iraq will tomorrow affect other Arab countries, as has already happened in Yemen and Saudi Arabia," he also warned.

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen said that nations "must never bow to terrorists".

And Australian Prime Minister John Howard, whose country also has troops in Iraq, said attacks such as those in London would not alter "the determination of free countries to do the right thing".

Russian President
Vladimir Putin called on all countries to unite in a war against terrorism after the "inhuman" attacks in London.

French
President Jacques Chirac, who has frequently clashed with Blair of late over EU disputes, pledged his country's "total solidarity" following the attacks.

And German Chancellor
Gerhard Schroeder, who had also recently sparred with the British leader on European policy, said the attacks appeared clearly aimed at disrupting the G8 summit.

"We agree that the international community must do everything in its power to fight terrorism together with all the means at its disposal," he said.

European Union commission head Jose Manuel Barroso called the blasts an "attack on democracy" and the "fundamental freedoms" that are at the heart of the 25-nation bloc.

Pope Benedict XVI condemned the series of bombings as "barbaric" in a message to the Roman Catholic primate of England, Westminster Archbishop Cormac Murphy O'Connor.

"Deeply saddened by the news of the terrorist attacks in central London, the Holy Father offers fervent prayers for the victims and for all those who mourn," said the telegram, signed by the
Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Angelo Sodano.

"While he deplores these barbaric acts against humanity he asks you to convey to the families of the injured his spiritual closeness at this time of grief."

Britain's
Queen Elizabeth II said she was "deeply shocked" by the "dreadful" events in London and sent her sympathy to the victims.

The fatal explosions came as the British capital was still in the afterglow of winning its bid to host the 2012
Summer Olympics.

The chief executive of the campaign, Keith Mills, said that the Olympic celebrations would now be put on hold, adding that his team was "completely and utterly devastated."

"This is our town, our city, our home, we are praying for the people who have been affected," he said.

Meanwhile London mayor Ken Livingstone said there was nothing terrorists could do to destroy the city's principles.

"Nothing you do, no matter how many of us you kill, will stop that flight to our cities where freedom is strong and where people can live in harmony with one another," Livingstone told reporters in Singapore, where the Olympic announcement was made Wednesday.

Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoe, who returned to France from Singapore where he went to defend his own city's bid to host the
Olympic Games, told reporters: "Right now, we are all Londoners."

Spain recalled its own trauma during the Madrid train bombings of March 2004 and strongly condemned the London blasts.

"Spain, which has suffered for years from the scourge of national and international terrorism, offers its unconditional help to the United Kingdom to pursue the criminals who have carried out a shameful attack against a city which was celebrating after being chosen to host the Olympic Games in 2012," a government statement said.

Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said he hoped the blasts would increase international vigilance against extremists.

"I hope that the free world will now be less lax in its attitude towards terrorist organizations," he said.

Pakistan, which has a one-million-strong community in Britain, also denounced the assault.

"We offer our heartfelt sympathies to those who suffered due to such acts."

Information Minister Sheikh Rashid said.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050707/ts ... ttacksreax
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Did anyone ever suggest that our efforts would contain terrorism only to Iraq?

Of course not, cunt.

Rather, part of the rationale for seeing this through in Iraq is that we're fighting terrorism there instead of being attacked by terrorists here in the US.

Now go back to shutting your mouth, jagoff.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Rack the UN for doing their part to fight terrorism by passing a resolution condemning the terrorist attack. :roll:

Um, thanks for that.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

DrDetroit wrote:Did anyone ever suggest that our efforts would contain terrorism only to Iraq?
mvscal seems to think they'll flock to Iraq and we'll be able to kill them all.
Rather, part of the rationale for seeing this through in Iraq is that we're fighting terrorism there instead of being attacked by terrorists here in the US.
Worked real well for England, didn't it?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mister Bushice wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:Did anyone ever suggest that our efforts would contain terrorism only to Iraq?
mvscal seems to think they'll flock to Iraq and we'll be able to kill them all.
Worked real well for England, didn't it?
England and much of Europe is riddled with "sleeper cells".

Al Quaida's Modus Operandi in the past has been to plan these kinds of atttacks out over a period of years. I wouldn't be surprised if this attack was planned several years ago. Further, with the influx of Muslim people emigrating to Europe in general, I wouldn't be surprised if the logistical support for such attacks within England was in place over a decade ago.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:Actually London hosts one of the most virulently Islamist populations in the world.

The true surprise here is that is doesn't happen more often.
Perhaps they exercise restraint here because it's such a key location for planning, listening, and 'sleeping'.

Might be counter-productive to turn London into Bagdad North West. Just think of all the money they launder through London.

Just a thought.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I'd like to qualify that by "sleeping" I mean not blowing things up.

Your article and post provide to me some validation of why I think we shouldn't be surprised attacks like today haven't happened more often in London.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Buschice, were you born in the Middle East? Shiit son. If we are so bad, go live w/ them, sign up as a suicide bomber and off yourself you dickless faggot. Stop blaming your own country for acts done by irrational militant assholes.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

What I'm saying is we're wasting resources in Iraq because the real threat to the US lies elsewhere.

Not like we have a choice anymore re: our involvement, but you dittoheads who actually think blowing up insurgents in Iraq is winning the war on terror are the ones with your heads up your asses.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Who said anything about ignoring them?

We've done nothing more than generate new hatred in Iraq. We haven't made a dent in worldwide terrorism by killing a few thousand terrorists in Iraq.

That is what you don't seem to understand.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:We've done nothing more than generate new hatred in Iraq.
What new hatred? Are you trying to say that Baathist dick knobs and Islamist nutters didn't already hate us?
No of course not, but it sure as hell made recruiting new insurgents easier.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

"We haven't made a dent in worldwide terrorism by killing a few thousand terrorists in Iraq"

Sure we have. The question is, to what degree. Personally, I don't know how effective what we're doing in Iraq, Afghanistan, and throughout the globe on lesser known fronts has been or will be.

But this we know. What we were doing before was not effective at all.

Much of what I hear, on the John Batchelor show, and this from pundits he has on board that are actually from countries like Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Syria etc.. is that what we are doing in that region is showing that we can take a hit. Since Vietnam, our politicians have been more concerned with their political careers than effective foreign policy. Unfortunately, sometimes war is part of foreign policy.

Take for instance Vietnam, Beirut circa 1983, Somailia ten years later. We ran. Mostly to stop American casualties, mostly because politicians could not get away with what FDR and Truman got away with, i.e. a shitload of dead GI's on their hands.

This caused the U.S. to lose respect. Sure we could "project power" across the world, but one, it was perceived that we were afraid to use it and two .... Bill Maher's comment about how cowardly it is to send cruise missiles was dead on the money ..... in the eyes of terrorists and the people who are intimidated and held captive by them. We have been viewed as cowards. A cowardly, bent on instant gratification, immoral and weakened culture.

9-11 was the peak in the exploitation of that.

The men and women sweating and bleeding in the desert and cities of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan are changing that perception. We can take a punch. We don't have a "glass jaw".

The hope is, with this, the people within these regions that are sick of being held captive by the terrorists will trust that the U.S. will be by their side and not cut and run .... like we did in Vietnam, Beirut, and Somalia.

I've heard some good informative things on this show.

http://www.johnbatchelorshow.com/
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Big deal. They're local nutcases that would not be killed if we weren't there. As I said, ain't making a dent in the worldwide terror organization.

The attacks in london were by an AL Q group that said specifically they would target other Euro countries with troops in Iraq.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:Big deal. They're local nutcases that would not be killed if we weren't there. As I said, ain't making a dent in the worldwide terror organization.
They aren't all local nutcases. The insurgency wouldn't even exist in any form without outside support from Iran and Syria. When are you going to start paying attention to what's going on?
Bah. Hiking over the border still makes them local. They are not going to be hopping on a jet to any other part of the world.
The attacks in london were by an AL Q group that said specifically they would target other Euro countries with troops in Iraq.
Yeah...so? We're in the middle of World War Fucking III and this is news to you?
[/quote]

What do you mean - So? The reason FOR the attacks is the presence in Iraq.

It's not World War II according to anyone but the Bush supporters.

You calling Iraq WWIII is a fucking joke.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Mister Bushice wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:We've done nothing more than generate new hatred in Iraq.
What new hatred? Are you trying to say that Baathist dick knobs and Islamist nutters didn't already hate us?
No of course not, but it sure as hell made recruiting new insurgents easier.
Because they were having a tough go at recruiting new terrorists prior to the war in Iraq, right?

:roll:
Hapday
Eternal Scobode

Post by Hapday »

Mister Bushice wrote:
Hiking over the border still makes them local.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Otis wrote: RACK Harper.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

bushice---you're hatred of dubya has unbalanced your take on the war on terror

as long as we keep terror off our soil and take the ragheads to the hole it's all good
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Wrong. The ones who can do us damage are not in Iraq. They're elsewhere in the world, planning.

Funny you call my take "Unbalanced". I said we needed to divert the money we spent in Iraq to shore up our weak points here at home, and whatta ya know. The day the bombings in London occur, Dubya does just that, Airport, railway, and port security was increased despite the fact the likelihood of an attack there was low.

So don't give me crap about that. I was right. If we had that mentality all the time we might just succeed in preventing another attack here.

Shooting locals in Iraq ain't gonna stop the freaks in Canada or Mexico.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

The best about this is the utterCUNT Blair. Stop pretending to cry you faucking cuntslag fauckspittle. If it weren't for him, no-one would be dead.

He's milking it..... and I will PERSONALLY convert to Islam for 3 WHOLE DAYS if a golly blows him up.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

I don't know, Phibes...

Al CIAda's fingerprints are all over this one.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Operation Northwoods - Pt II?

It's funny, but those were my first thoughts - what with Britain threatening a pullout. Time will tell.
Viper in Vancouver
shit disturber

Post by Viper in Vancouver »

I think my country is probably next on their hit list. Five years ago, Bin Laden named the U.S.A., U.K., Spain, Australia, and Canada as the five "christian" countries that will be attacked. We are the only one of the five that has yet to be hit. Australian tourists were targeted in Bali, and the three other countries were hit on their home soil. It sure as hell wouldn't be hard for them to pull one off in this country. It really makes me feel comfortable when I take my BC ferry to my cabin on the weekends :roll:
Is Rozy a man or a woman? This thing has a chicks name and deleates threads about hot chicks. I'm guessing this loser isn't a dude