Which will happen first

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

DrDetroit wrote:Jesus Christ, Bushice, Iran is already pursuing nuclear technology and have been doing so for at least a decade.
No kidding? I'm not talking about the R & D or the lead up, I'm talking about the key question: When Iran acquires all the components necessary to build a bomb will they actually build it, threaten to, or will they prefer to maintain some level ambiguity about its nuclear status in order to get us to react? That is what I meant by "pursuing it in earnest."
That's why the US has been pursuing a diplomatic dialogue with Iran for the last five years, including propsing and getting through the UN an inspections regime and considering proposing to the UN Security Council different economic sanctions (which failed huge for what I think are obvious reasons).
I guess you didn't read the part where I said " How long do you think Bush will allow useless UN sanctions to be ignored?"
Do you think Bush and Co. will tolerate that?
How long do you think Bush will allow useless UN sanctions to be ignored?

Not sure. Hopefully we'll take action when we're through with Iraq. We know the Iranian people want our help.
Like hell we know that. We don't know shit about that. They've been indoctrinated to hate us. They're hardly in a majority position to ask for our help. The recent elections out front should have told you.
Though, if Iraq and North Korea are to be any type of historical guide, we have several years to go.
Hopefully, so we'll get past the Bush Administration before those decisions have to be made.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Variable wrote:I don't think we'd go head to head with fucking China just to save a few bucks on Intel chips.
PSSST! The vast majority of Intel chips are made in the US(Oregon). Most of those that aren't, are made in China.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

No kidding? I'm not talking about the R & D or the lead up, I'm talking about the key question: When Iran acquires all the components necessary to build a bomb will they actually build it, threaten to, or will they prefer to maintain some level ambiguity about its nuclear status in order to get us to react? That is what I meant by "pursuing it in earnest."
And they do have the components. They just haven't actually put it together. The last component needed was enriched uranium. The restarted processing their used uranium two years ago. That's why Bush went to the to restart inspections and to propose sanctions.
I guess you didn't read the part where I said " How long do you think Bush will allow useless UN sanctions to be ignored?"

Um, I guess you didn't read where I directly answered that. I was simply pointing out the FACT that no one ignoring the issue.
Like hell we know that. We don't know shit about that. They've been indoctrinated to hate us. They're hardly in a majority position to ask for our help. The recent elections out front should have told you.
1) Yes we do know that a significant portion of that population want our help. It's simply not reported. It typically manifests itself on campuses outside of Tehran. I'd post Michael Ledeens writing on this but you'd discount it simply because he writes for National Review.

2) The elections there are a farce. They are compelled to vote by threats of imprisonment and worse and the mullahs there control the process by which names get on the ballot.
Hopefully, so we'll get past the Bush Administration before those decisions have to be made.
You know a more reasonable and critical thinker would have thought about what I posted before going right to the anti-Bush rant.

We already tried YOUR way when Clinton sold out to the North Koreans in 1994.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

DrDetroit wrote:
And they do have the components. They just haven't actually put it together. The last component needed was enriched uranium. The restarted processing their used uranium two years ago. That's why Bush went to the to restart inspections and to propose sanctions.

Um, I guess you didn't read where I directly answered that. I was simply pointing out the FACT that no one ignoring the issue.
What part of "Useless" are you missing? So what if Bush asks for sanctions and inspections. They didn't exactly show immediate results in Iraq, did they? And Bush knows this. Hell, he was the one who broke away from the UN body and invaded Iraq, which is exactly why I brought this scenario up.
1) Yes we do know that a significant portion of that population want our help. It's simply not reported.
Oh, give me a break. You expect me to buy this load of crap? You were abducted by aliens, weren't you?

It typically manifests itself on campuses outside of Tehran. I'd post Michael Ledeens writing on this but you'd discount it simply because he writes for National Review.
The majority of Iranians are in college? Wow. How'd they manage that?
2) The elections there are a farce. They are compelled to vote by threats of imprisonment and worse and the mullahs there control the process by which names get on the ballot.
ergo "They're hardly in a majority position to ask for our help. The recent elections out front should have told you. "
You know a more reasonable and critical thinker would have thought about what I posted before going right to the anti-Bush rant.
I STARTED with a bush rant. This topic was all about how long Bush will wait before he pulls the trigger, not about the cries for help from the poor oppressed Iranian people who need our help so badly we should just invade their country to save them. <--hypothetical. Don't bleed out over it.
We already tried YOUR way when Clinton sold out to the North Koreans in 1994.
I guess "reasonable and critical thinker" isn't you either eh? If it was you'd stop equating me with Clinton and the democratic party
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

I noticed that you failed to acknowledge what I posted re: Iran's nuclear program.
What part of "Useless" are you missing?

They weren't so useless in your beloved Iraq where they had the same results.
So what if Bush asks for sanctions and inspections. They didn't exactly show immediate results in Iraq, did they? And Bush knows this.

They sure did show immediate results. The results were that Saddam had no intention of complying with the inspection for which the resolution identified serious consequences (that everybody knew meant military force).
Hell, he was the one who broke away from the UN body and invaded Iraq, which is exactly why I brought this scenario up.
I don't understand why you people insist that Bush acted irrationally here and offended some global norm.

The fact is this: he went to the UN. France didn't when it invaded the Ivory Coast. China didn't when it went to Tibet. Russia didn't when it went into Chechnya.

Bush did go to the UN to propose a new resolution to restart inspections. This after ten years of non-compliance. The Secueity Council debated what the consequences should be and rather than explicitly threaten military force (so as not to offend Saddam's sensibilities) the final language simply called it serious consequences.

Now, serious consequences could have been nothing other than military force given that economic sanctions had been implemented for ten years and that fact that France and German would already pushing to repeal them. It was only clear that military force represented the serious consequences.

The individual members of the UN Security Council could not overcome its own national interests to sign a 17th resolution authorizing military force. France and Germany would have been the buggest losers, financially, without Saddam there. Of course they wouldn't agree.

Don't you recognize that? Or do you think they really believed that what the US was doing was part of some larger imperialistic motive? Puhlease. get real.

Oh, and I give you the benefit of the doubt that the US should be permitted to pursue its national interests only with the authorization of the UN.
Oh, give me a break. You expect me to buy this load of crap? You were abducted by aliens, weren't you?
Why'd you read out of this context?

Did I say this? Did I say "majority?" Now you are compelled to lie about what I posted.

ergo "They're hardly in a majority position to ask for our help. The recent elections out front should have told you. "

Don't misread...
I STARTED with a bush rant. This topic was all about how long Bush will wait before he pulls the trigger, not about the cries for help from the poor oppressed Iranian people who need our help so badly we should just invade their country to save them. <--hypothetical. Don't bleed out over it.
Don't even try to suggest that I've attempted to steer this thread toward something else, bitch.
I guess "reasonable and critical thinker" isn't you either eh? If it was you'd stop equating me with Clinton and the democratic party
Dipshit, you've argued all along that Bush didn't diplomacy a chance in Iraq.

Diplomacy does not work, well, except for when it seeks to restrain American independence and propserity, whichis what you liberals love.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

DrDetroit wrote:I noticed that you failed to acknowledge what I posted re: Iran's nuclear program.
Because it gave no indication of them actually making a nuclear bomb. They haven't done that yet. At this point they are still using nuclear power for "energy generating purposes" Or so they say
What part of "Useless" are you missing?

They weren't so useless in your beloved Iraq where they had the same results.
What results? Please clarify what results (in terms of being successful that is) sanctions and resolutions had in Iraq?
So what if Bush asks for sanctions and inspections. They didn't exactly show immediate results in Iraq, did they? And Bush knows this.

They sure did show immediate results. The results were that Saddam had no intention of complying with the inspection for which the resolution identified serious consequences (that everybody knew meant military force).
Immediate? Since when is 15 years of UN economic sanctions and over ten years of weapons sanctions immediate?
Hell, he was the one who broke away from the UN body and invaded Iraq, which is exactly why I brought this scenario up.
I don't understand why you people insist that Bush acted irrationally here and offended some global norm.
He diverted the war on terror to get at saddam with insufficient intelligence and a lack of properly trained and supplied soldiers. Just because he calls it the "war on terror" doesn't make it one.
The fact is this: he went to the UN. France didn't when it invaded the Ivory Coast. China didn't when it went to Tibet. Russia didn't when it went into Chechnya.
And then he went against the UN. Difference?
Bush did go to the UN to propose a new resolution to restart inspections. This after ten years of non-compliance. The Secueity Council debated what the consequences should be and rather than explicitly threaten military force (so as not to offend Saddam's sensibilities) the final language simply called it serious consequences.

Now, serious consequences could have been nothing other than military force given that economic sanctions had been implemented for ten years and that fact that France and German would already pushing to repeal them. It was only clear that military force represented the serious consequences.

The individual members of the UN Security Council could not overcome its own national interests to sign a 17th resolution authorizing military force. France and Germany would have been the buggest losers, financially, without Saddam there. Of course they wouldn't agree.
Thus the term "Useless" used in the first post in this thread.
Don't you recognize that? Or do you think they really believed that what the US was doing was part of some larger imperialistic motive? Puhlease. get real.
Don't re focus on Iraq here. Take the same mentality that got us into Iraq and apply it to the Iranian situation.
Oh, and I give you the benefit of the doubt that the US should be permitted to pursue its national interests only with the authorization of the UN.
"National Interests"? You mean invading Iraq? Just how was bringing down saddam in our "National Interests"
Why'd you read out of this context?
WHy, Because you said "The majority of Iranians want our help" but "It has not been reported." Did your tin foil hat tell you this?

Did I say this? Did I say "majority?" Now you are compelled to lie about what I posted.
Bullshit. You said the majority of Iranians want our help, and the evidence you presented was that it "typically manifests itself on campuses outside of Tehran"

How in hell is this representative of a "Majority" unless the majority go to colleges outside of Tehran?

Don't misread...
Bull. If the government controls them to that extent, they are hardly in a majority position.
Don't even try to suggest that I've attempted to steer this thread toward something else, bitch.
You're flopping back on Iraq, I'm looking forward to Iran. Different country same concept.
Dipshit, you've argued all along that Bush didn't diplomacy a chance in Iraq.

Diplomacy does not work, well, except for when it seeks to restrain American independence and propserity, whichis what you liberals love.
What you actually mean is Bushs form of Diplomacy does not work. Have you ever watched his press conferences with foreign leaders? Fucking pitiful that someone leading this country talks in public like a retarded teenager.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

insufficient intelligence = NO WMDS FOUND

lack of properly trained and supplied soldiers = 18 months into the conflict 75% of Humvees used in hot zones were still not sufficiently armored.
13,000 plus wounded, 1,700 plus dead, war two years old and running with no end in site and the insurgency stronger not weaker.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Because it gave no indication of them actually making a nuclear bomb. They haven't done that yet. At this point they are still using nuclear power for "energy generating purposes" Or so they say
You didn't qualify it as such. You merely were discussing when they had the components and I noted that despite having the components they hadn't put it together, yet. I think you glossed over it because it was something germane to the discussion as you started it and not knowing it made you appear foolish.

The last piece they needed was enriched uranium. Theyhave that now.
What results? Please clarify what results (in terms of being successful that is) sanctions and resolutions had in Iraq?
There were no positive results...that was point. On the other hand, you were among those arguing that Bush didn't let diplomacy work long enought, abandoned diplomacy, etc.
Immediate? Since when is 15 years of UN economic sanctions and over ten years of weapons sanctions immediate?
We were talking about asking for sanctions and inspections, right? Well, we knew right away following the imposition of the new inspections that Saddam would not comply.
He diverted the war on terror to get at saddam with insufficient intelligence and a lack of properly trained and supplied soldiers. Just because he calls it the "war on terror" doesn't make it one.
The diversion shit, again?? LOL!!

We were effectively done in Afghanistan, Bushice. You aren't going to go looking for OBL with 150,000 troops. At least that is what the experts, the military, say, and their opinion on the matter is much more credible than yours.

And where do you think the world's terrorists are going right now? To be killed in Iraq. That's better than training and attacking us here in the US.

Oh, and enough with the bullshit "insufficient intelligence" canard. There's never sufficient intelligence, ass.
Who cares? The fact still remains that he engaged the institution to the point that the individual interests of that institution's members prevented that institution from enforcing its own resolutions.

What you're essentially arguing is that the US should go to the UN to have resolutions passed yet be content to watch as those resolutions go unenforced.

So you think the Un is useless, then?

Then why the nonsense re: Bush going against the UN?

Make up your mind?
Don't re focus on Iraq here. Take the same mentality that got us into Iraq and apply it to the Iranian situation
It applies the same way. Hence, diplomacy will fail. This is not some profound observation/conclusion, Bushice.
"National Interests"? You mean invading Iraq? Just how was bringing down saddam in our "National Interests"
It's been explained to you several times. You don't accept the basis of the argument. Why should I bother?
WHy, Because you said "The majority of Iranians want our help" but "It has not been reported." Did your tin foil hat tell you this?

Again, you either blatantly lie about what I posted or you simply have a bad memory.

I posted: Yes we do know that a significant portion of that population want our help. It's simply not reported. It typically manifests itself on campuses outside of Tehran. I'd post Michael Ledeens writing on this but you'd discount it simply because he writes for National Review.
Bullshit. You said the majority of Iranians want our help, and the evidence you presented was that it "typically manifests itself on campuses outside of Tehran"

How in hell is this representative of a "Majority" unless the majority go to colleges outside of Tehran?
As I just pointed out...you misread what I posted.
Bull. If the government controls them to that extent, they are hardly in a majority position.
it's funny how in every instance of someone misreading another's post, they typically go overboard talking about it. Divert, much?
You're flopping back on Iraq, I'm looking forward to Iran. Different country same concept.
You posted this in response to me telling that I wasn't trying to steer the discussion to one re: oppressed Iranians.

:?: :roll:
What you actually mean is Bushs form of Diplomacy does not work.

Hmmm, he got inspections restarted after Clinton just stood by as Iraq kicked them out in 1998. That's after proposing and getting unanimous approval for a 16th resolution at the UN.

He got inspections restarted in Iran.

He got China, South Korea, Russia, and China in on the North Korea talks, something that Clinton failed to do so.

That's pretty successful if you ask me. That's better than three states still giving us the middle finger.
Have you ever watched his press conferences with foreign leaders? Fucking pitiful that someone leading this country talks in public like a retarded teenager.
Oh, boy, here we go again. :roll:

having failed on the substantive part, you'll attack the person now.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

DrDetroit wrote:
You didn't qualify it as such. You merely were discussing when they had the components and I noted that despite having the components they hadn't put it together, yet. I think you glossed over it because it was something germane to the discussion as you started it and not knowing it made you appear foolish.

The last piece they needed was enriched uranium. Theyhave that now.
But they have yet to develop the launching capabilities, or the bomb itself.
Don't be so anal and diddle every word in my post.

what will happen when they commence making an actual bomb?
There were no positive results...that was point. On the other hand, you were among those arguing that Bush didn't let diplomacy work long enought, abandoned diplomacy, etc.
Exactly, which is what he will most likely do this go round vs Iran, or haven't you been listening that this is not about Iraq?
We were talking about asking for sanctions and inspections, right? Well, we knew right away following the imposition of the new inspections that Saddam would not comply.
So? this thread isn't about Iraq. We've been over all that already.
The diversion shit, again?? LOL!!

We were effectively done in Afghanistan, Bushice. You aren't going to go looking for OBL with 150,000 troops. At least that is what the experts, the military, say, and their opinion on the matter is much more credible than yours.
But he wasn't in Iraq either, neither were the insurgents - until we showed up.
And where do you think the world's terrorists are going right now? To be killed in Iraq. That's better than training and attacking us here in the US.
#1 those are just local boys crawling over the borders to engage the US troops there. They hardly qualify as the "worlds" terrorists.
#2. our presense over there IS training them to attack us here in the US.
3. Oh, and enough with the bullshit "insufficient intelligence" canard. There's never sufficient intelligence, ass.
Ain't that the truth. ;)
Who cares? The fact still remains that he engaged the institution to the point that the individual interests of that institution's members prevented that institution from enforcing its own resolutions.

What you're essentially arguing is that the US should go to the UN to have resolutions passed yet be content to watch as those resolutions go unenforced.
No, I'm arguing as I have all along that we shouldn't be the worlds policemen.

So you think the Un is useless, then?

Then why the nonsense re: Bush going against the UN?

Make up your mind?
You are S-L-O-W getting the point.

What is to stop bush from doing exactly the same thing in Iran as he did in Iraq given that the UN is useless? DOes that help at all?
Don't re focus on Iraq here. Take the same mentality that got us into Iraq and apply it to the Iranian situation
It applies the same way. Hence, diplomacy will fail. This is not some profound observation/conclusion, Bushice.
Hence why the fuck should we be the ones leading the charge?
It's been explained to you several times. You don't accept the basis of the argument. Why should I bother?
No, because the argument is weak.

Again, you either blatantly lie about what I posted or you simply have a bad memory.
Show me a link to where absolute confirmation has been found showing that "a significant portion of that population want our help". (as you stated)
I posted: Yes we do know that a significant portion of that population want our help. It's simply not reported. It typically manifests itself on campuses outside of Tehran. I'd post Michael Ledeens writing on this but you'd discount it simply because he writes for National Review.
And exactly how is it that one guy knows this, and the rest of the world does not report on it? I call bullshit. I'm guessing Op ed piece.

As I just pointed out...you misread what I posted.
No I did not. You are claiming that there is some proof that a significant portion (which I read to be a majority, being significant and all) of the population wants our help?
it's funny how in every instance of someone misreading another's post, they typically go overboard talking about it. Divert, much?
Sorry pal, but if the government imposed restrictions on the populace and they go along with it for fear of whatever reason, they are hardly in a majority position in that country to do anything.
You posted this in response to me telling that I wasn't trying to steer the discussion to one re: oppressed Iranians.
I guess it was the rant about Bush in Iraq that fooled me.
What you actually mean is Bushs form of Diplomacy does not work.

Hmmm, he got inspections restarted after Clinton just stood by as Iraq kicked them out in 1998. That's after proposing and getting unanimous approval for a 16th resolution at the UN.

He got inspections restarted in Iran.

He got China, South Korea, Russia, and China in on the North Korea talks, something that Clinton failed to do so.

That's pretty successful if you ask me. That's better than three states still giving us the middle finger.
That's not diplomacy. He hasn't solved anything. Nulcear programs inIran and Korea proceed. He was part of a group of UN nations that got Iran to agree to nothing more than allowing people to watch them build a nuclear program, essentially. Same as with the North Korea talks. He's not instrumental in them. He's only part of a larger group that has accomplished nothing.
Have you ever watched his press conferences with foreign leaders? Fucking pitiful that someone leading this country talks in public like a retarded teenager.
Oh, boy, here we go again. :roll:

having failed on the substantive part, you'll attack the person now.
You have to watch his press conferences on C span to get it. The nightly news doesn't show them. Like when he called the prime minister of Luxembourg "a piece of work", with the guy standing there a few feet away.
The daily show does show them, and those are more entertaining than C-span, but some would call them - slanted. :)
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

I want to see facts, he hasn't produced anything. His claims of significant numbers of Iranians that support the US are unfounded.

So who knows nothing about Iran again?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

So you're basing this on polls taken 2 and 3 years ago? Prior to the Iraq war, which has shown Iran what a fucking mess we will make if we intervene, and you expect me to take that as being the current prevailing mentality, despite the fact that a hardliner was re-elected without any significant protest or outcry?

So these "supporters" of ours will step out proudly (like all those Iraqis supporters have done), when we march down the bombed out streets of Tehran?

This is like reading the same book twice.....
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

mvscal wrote:Try educating yourself someday. You may begin now.

http://meria.idc.ac.il/journal/2004/issue1/jv8n1a2.html
Next time you throw out a link about Iran, could it not be from a Zionist, Hebrew University professor, and Turkish atrocity apologist?
TIA.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

mvscal wrote:Yes, of course, if it doesn't depict ragheads burning Americans in effigy (or for real) it must be Zionist propaganda.

:roll:
"...He has been a Fulbright and a Council on Foreign Relations Fellow; a U.S. Institute of Peace and Hebrew University Leonard Davis Center grantee..."

"...He holds a masters degree in the Modern Middle East from the Hebrew University..."

"...A former official of the Israel Government Press Office..."

"...She is a contributing writer to the Jerusalem Post..."

"...is a retired Israeli career diplomat ..."

"...She is a graduate of Tel Aviv University..."

Yep.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:you expect me to take that...
Seeing as how your opinion is based on absolutely nothing at all, yes, I do.
And inaccurate outdated information is better? Welcome to the bush administration, eh?
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

by the freaking dates listed in the article. Both are PRE Iraq war.

That makes them outdated. The passage of time has a tendency to make that happen.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Mister Bushice wrote:by the freaking dates listed in the article. Both are PRE Iraq war.

That makes them outdated. The passage of time has a tendency to make that happen.
"You're trying to frame the debate by defining the term "outdated" to your own standard.
You libs can't think outside the box, and that includes measurements of time."

Sin, mv
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Martyred wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:by the freaking dates listed in the article. Both are PRE Iraq war.

"You're trying to frame the debate by defining the term "outdated" to your own standard.
You libs can't think outside the box, and that includes measurements of time."

Sin, mv
Question:

Do YOU have a different opinion pre and post war? Can you imagine the Iranians watching the shit that is still occurring in Iraq andthinking they'd want us to intervene?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

You folks read too much horseshit, fake Iranian "voice of the students" baloney.

Do a Google search on "Iran+SAVAK+CIA" and you'll learn all you need to know about Iran's
warm and fuzzy feelings to America.

I'll just lump this in with Mike The Lab Rat's tenuous grasp of Central American, CIA supported death squads, and the defacto war on the Catholic Church by Ronald Reagan,
and conclude that history is a miserable subject for contemporary American thought.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Why don’t you just STFU.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

Next time you throw out a link about Iran, could it not be from a Communist propagandist and Islamist atrocity apologist?
He must've gotten it from Phibes.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:Do YOU have a different opinion pre and post war?
No. But, I, unlike you have first hand experience with these scumbags.
Big freaking deal! The war you were in wasn't like this one. There was no street to street fighting for months on end in the gulf war. There were no insurgents. There were no IEDs on this scale. There was a pathetically equipped and low morale army and we steamrolled over them in two months or so. In fact we did more damage to our own troops than they did. What was there - 140 some thing dead in the gulf war? how many did the army accidentally gas, 130,000?

Sorry Charlie, but what you did doesn't hold a candle to what is going on now.
I didn't and don't need to be convinced that getting rid of Saddam Hussein was the right thing to do.
It's not a matter of if it was the right thing to do, it was. It was the planning, coordination and implementation that were faulty.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Where did you get this idea that all that was required to have an opinion?
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

You can take it any way you like. Doesn't change the facts, or my opinion of them.

So - what does sarin smell like?
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

According to you, and that's not saying very much.

BTW nice doedge of the fact in my prior post by calling in credentials.

Like anyone here needs that shit.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

FACT: The war you were in wasn't like this one.

FACT: There was no street to street fighting for months on end in the gulf war.

FACT: There were no insurgents.

FACT: There were no IEDs on this scale.

FACT: There was a pathetically equipped and low morale army and we steamrolled over them in two months or so.

FACT: In fact we did more damage to our own troops than they did.

FACT: What was there - 140 some thing dead in the gulf war?

FACT: how many did the army accidentally gas, 130,000?

That last fact was a "friendly fire" incident when th earmy blew up a munitions dump that caused sarin gas and other toxins into the air, exposing over 130,000 US troops. Thus, the high incidence of "Gulf War Syndrome"

You were one of those, weren't you?
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:FACT: The war you were in wasn't like this one.
Opinion not fact.
There are way too many factors that support the fact that the two wars are nothing alike.
Irrelevant. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would understand.

How many bunkers have you cleared, BTW?
There was no street to street fighting for months on end. Our fighting involvement in the gulf war lasted less than two months, and only 4 days on the ground.
FACT: There were no insurgents.
See above.
Load of crap. This is one of those facts that support the idea that the GUlf war was nothing like this war, thus your experiences there and then do not directly correlate to here and now.
FACT: In fact we did more damage to our own troops than they did.
Incorrect.
FACT: What was there - 140 some thing dead in the gulf war?
148 in four days of fighting which works out to 37 per day as opposed to the roughly 2 per day in the current fighting.
35 of those were killed by friendly fire. And your use of averages here is absurd. There is no common scale of time by any stretch of the imagination.
FACT: how many did the army accidentally gas, 130,000?

That last fact was a "friendly fire" incident when the army blew up a munitions dump that caused sarin gas and other toxins into the air, exposing over 130,000 US troops. Thus, the high incidence of "Gulf War Syndrome"
Speculation, not fact. Speculation that is not sustained by any evidence, BTW. The Japanese commuters who were attacked with sarin were exposed to a much higher concentration of sarin and exhibit none of the symptoms of GWS.
More specifically, it was depleted uranium that is held as the major cause.
Seven days after the end of the Gulf War the U.S. military blew up a munitions facility in southern Iraq called Khamisiyah. They released a chemical plume of sarin and cyclosarin nerve agents over 130,000 U.S. soldiers and an unknown number of Iraqis. The low level exposure to the nerve agents is gradually being admitted as a prime cause of the massive number of illnesses suffered by U.S. troops in the Gulf War.

The official Veterans Administration GWVIS report of September 2002 states that 159,238 soldiers who were in the Gulf in 1990-91 are disabled. Of that number over 111,000 are 10% or more disabled. 8,000 Gulf War vets have died.

The V.A. has awarded disability to another 60,000 soldiers who went into the Gulf countries after the war was over.
Deny, deny, deny, but you don't have that many disabled vets trip over the curb. Not when there were only 467 wounded in battle.
You were one of those, weren't you?
I don't believe so.
Your odd behavior at times belies that fact.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

The official Veterans Administration GWVIS report of September 2002 states that 159,238 soldiers who were in the Gulf in 1990-91 are disabled. Of that number over 111,000 are 10% or more disabled. 8,000 Gulf War vets have died.

The V.A. has awarded disability to another 60,000 soldiers who went into the Gulf countries after the war was over.
An entire link to this source would be preferred. Those numbers, are they directly related to the depleted uranium ?

I mean a 45 yr old soldier in the Gulf would be 62 now and might have disabilities due to things such as jumping out a helicopter and it fucked his knees up. I think you'd need to provide a more granular breakdown of these stats to prove your point ....

Which is ?

That you know more about comparing the Gulf War to this one than mvscal ?

Some constructive criticism, you haven't yet. :wink:
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Tom In VA wrote:

An entire link to this source would be preferred. Those numbers, are they directly related to the depleted uranium ?
Dude,

I quoted it right above.

The official Veterans Administration GWVIS report of September 2002
I mean a 45 yr old soldier in the Gulf would be 62 now and might have disabilities due to things such as jumping out a helicopter and it fucked his knees up. I think you'd need to provide a more granular breakdown of these stats to prove your point ....
The VA refuses to give any detail.
Which is ?

That you know more about comparing the Gulf War to this one than mvscal ?
Not for the combat experience. The rest is all information available to anyone.
Some constructive criticism, you haven't yet. :wink:
Compare the two events. Tell me they are the same.

Besides, that, he's claiming to have first hand knowledge of "these scumbags", when he NEVER faced an insurgent, never had to deal with IEDs on supposed safe routes. etc. Just sayin. Gulf war was a different set of circumstances.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Bushice,

:oops: So I missed the link. Sorry. But since the VA doesn't divulge any detail, I think it would be just as safe to conclude that not ALL the stats provided are a result of DU exposure and quite possibly include other things that wear and tear on a soldier's body. Quite a bit. I know a dude whose knees are shot after four years in the infantry. Humping his ruck and an M-60, extra rounds, and on DRILL, having to drop, set up and then move and then drop, set up, etc.. etc.. etc..

He isn't to the point of being disabled, but his knees are a mess.

What about supply guys ? Not lifting properly, hurting their backs ? Back injuries can be very debilitating.

I could go on.

I'd never use "I played high school football" in an argument or discussion about football, but the fact is .... I have a higher degree of relatability to a college or pro football player than somebody who has never spent 10 years of their life doing grass drills, buckling up their helmet, and cracking heads with another human being trying to disable you. :lol:

mvscal, has "been there" to a higher degree than me, for instance. Therefore, I trust his experience. His experience is able to qualify the new information read much better than mine.

IED's are nothing new. It's a claymore made out of HE from something else. The Viet Cong used them extensively throughout Vietnam, as did the Japanese, the Koreans, and I think our guys are trained in the art too.

I'm just surprised we don't hear anything about "toe-poppers" from over there.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:There are way too many factors that support the fact that the two wars are nothing alike.
It's the same war, dumbfuck. Not that you actually know anything at all about it, but all wars are pretty much the same. You gear up, you go and you hope you come back.

It's easy to talk about "steamrolling" an opponent or insignificant firefights when you've never been in one.

Fighting in cities isn't much different than clearing bunkers. It's all up close and personal.

The only difference is the duration of this operation.
Which is a BIG, BIG Difference.

Didn't they just bulldoze the "Saddam line" underground, burying those who didn't run away?

The air war was the big difference in the Gulf. The Air war this time around did not have an effect on the insurgency.
There is no "street to street fighting for months on end" in this one either.
Again, you've been tripped by your complete ignorance.
WTF are you talking about? This has been mostly Urban warfare! In fallujah, seven weeks of fighting in Najaf in May last year, 3 more weeks there in August, and a MONTH LONG assault in November, 87 attacks PER DAY on Americans in August last year - and hell that is just a small sampling!! Car bombings, roadside bombs along convoy routes, attacks on convoys, Samarra, Green zone attacks, 825 peopel killed by insurgents in a three month span this spring.

And you say no street to street fighting? :shock:
Load of crap. This is one of those facts that support the idea that the GUlf war was nothing like this war, thus your experiences there and then do not directly correlate to here and now.
Again, what do you know about it? How many prisoners have you policed up on a battlefield?
How many insurgents have shot at you?
Military experience correlates on any battlefield and it need not be direct. Once again, if you actually had any, you might understand.
Bullshit. The planes took most of the starch out of IRaq in the Gulf War. The troops only need 4 days to rout the Iraqi military.
Now we're not fighting a trained militia, not in the strict sense. There is no frontline, and we're two years plus in and the meter is still running.
And your use of averages here is absurd. There is no common scale of time by any stretch of the imagination.
So what? Very little of the fighting in this war can match the intensity of some of the collisions in Desert Storm.
It was over in FOUR DAYS. Sorry but 800 plus days has MAJOR bode over that.
Congratulations for regurgitating Saddam Hussein's propaganda. Are you beginning to grasp the importance of knowing what the fuck it is you're talking about? I doubt it.
I'm beginning to graps the importance of you dodging every point I make with a "you know nothing" response
For instance, if you actually knew what the fuck you're talking about, you would understand that depleted uranium is virtually inert.
The word "virtually" being the kicker.
You would also know that a WHO investigation into the use of DU in the Balkans concluded that there was no observed connection to any health problems in the local population. You might also be familiar with the fact that uranium miners who deal with the more highly radioactive isotope also do not exhibt any symptoms remotely resembling GWS.
You might also look around. There is a lot of info out there on the topic:

http://rsna2004.rsna.org/rsna2004/V2004 ... id=4408249

http://www.traprockpeace.org/tedd_weyman_10aug04.html
The low level exposure to the nerve agents is gradually being admitted as a prime cause of the massive number of illnesses suffered by U.S. troops in the Gulf War.
Bullshit. Didn't your other tard dripping conclude that it was DU?
The more I read about it, The more it shows that the exposures to BOTH chemical and radioactive elements are part of the problem. They still don't know how the pills they gave to protect them from Sarin (PB I think they called them) could have affected soldiers, as some of them got sick from those.
The official Veterans Administration GWVIS report of September 2002 states that 159,238 soldiers who were in the Gulf in 1990-91 are disabled.
More bullshit. Why don't you hook me up with that report. No fucking way in hell nearly half the troops who went there are disabled.
I got my info from a summary, but Read up, it ain't short. Here's a quote from it:
Government and media reports have frequently reported that about 100,000 of the nearly 700,000 U.S. Gulf veterans, or 14 percent, are experiencing Gulf War related health problems.
That's just what has been reported, and not actual. Have fun reading.

http://www.gulfwarvets.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/000034.html
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:The air war was the big difference in the Gulf. The Air war this time around did not have an effect on the insurgency.
This is the kind of bullshit I'm talking about. The effects of the air war in Desert Storm were overstated to an astonishing degree. For future reference, anytime you hear some air force general telling you how many vehicles they destroyed...cut the number in half, shrug, and cut it in half again.
Air War - Operation Desert Storm

As is usual in modern war, the first objective of the allied force in Saudi Arabia was to gain air superiority. Air superiority gives a military force the ability to indiscriminately attack enemy targets, disrupt enemy lines of supply, to conduct recon, and, of course denies the enemy the ability to do all of these things himself.

The air campaign against Iraq was launched 16 January 1991, the day after the United Nations deadline for Iraqi withdrawal from Kuwait expired. Saddam was given every opportunity to conclude the stand off peacefully, but US/Iraqi talks in Geneva were inconclusive, at best.

The magnitude and the power of the air attack was a shock to all concerned. The initial attack swept away much of Iraq's ability to defend against further air assaults. Radar installations were attacked by helicopters, F-117's were sent to the Iraqi capital of Baghdad to destroy command and control centers, air bases and hangars were bombed. U.S. Navy bombers and Tomahawk missiles wreaked havoc on all aspects of Iraqi air defense. The air campaign was conducted not just by the United States, but the Saudi, British, French, Italian, as well as various Arab Air Forces.

The Allied air campaign was thorough and devastating. Realizing that traditional anti-air defense was futile the Iraqis took to psychological methods that included using human hostages as shields for prime targets. They placed their aircraft near ancient historic sites and holy places, knowing the allies would be reticent to attack where there might be significant "collateral damage".

In an effort to demonstrate their own air offensive capability, on 24 January the Iraqis attempted to mount a strike against the major Saudi oil refinery in Abqaiq. Two Mirage F-1 fighters laden with incendiary bombs and two MiG-23s (along as fighter cover) took off from bases in Iraq. They were spotted by US AWACs, and two Royal Saudi Air Force F-15s were sent to intercept. When the Saudis appeared the Iraqi MiGs turned tail, but the Mirages pressed on. Captain Iyad Al-Shamrani, one of the Saudi pilots maneuvered his jet behind the Mirages and shot down both aircraft. After this episode, the Iraqis made no more air efforts of their own, only sending most of their jets to Iran in hopes that they might someday get their air force back. (Iran never returned the jets.)

With Iraqi air defense effectively neutralized, the Allied Air Forces proceeded to pound the Iraqi divisions arrayed in Kuwait and Southern Iraq. Utilizing fuel bombs, cluster bombs, armor piercing guided bombs, missiles and various other ordinance, Allied forces degraded Iraqi ability to fight on the ground. Attacks by B-52 bombers were noted to be especially terrible; entire regiments, brigades and divisions were effectively crushed in a few minute air raid by these powerful though dated bombers.

By late February the Coalition forces were ready to kick off the ground campaign...
CAS is most effective when we actually have eyes on the target which means air power is far more effective in this war than it was in 1991. You also fail to consider the advances in guidance systems. F-16s can drop a 500 pounder straight down your splayed manchute if they're of a mind.

Now are you going to tell AC-130s don't have an effect on the insurgency?!? I'm sure Haji's tiny little pieces of stuff splattered on a wall would beg to differ.
What the air war did in this war was
1) blow the living shit out of buildings
2) scatter the Iraqi governemnt troops. The estimates of how many escaped and blended into the population are high.

Far fewer Iraqi soldiers were captured than in the gulf war. During the war, U.S. and British troops captured about 13,800 Iraqis from among the elite forces and the 300,000 to 350,000 regular Iraqi Army troops.
The number of Iraqi military killed is estimated at between 5,000 and 10,000.

In the 1991 Gulf War, by comparison, some 71,000 men were captured. Estimates of the number killed range between 75,000 and 100,000.

In fallujah,
Over in a couple weeks, not months.
seven weeks of fighting in Najaf in May last year,
More like several days here and there over the course of seven weeks. Again...not quite the Stalingrad you're making it out to be.
and hell that is just a small sampling!!
No, actually you pretty much covered the major operations with exception of Ramadi and al-Qaim. The rest of it is "just" patroling and police work. Troops spend most of their time in barracks doing maintenance on their vehicles and weapons, fucking around, playing cards and waiting on a mission which might happen once every couple days or so.
And you say no street to street fighting?
I said it isn't going on for months and months as you implied.
The fact it's been going on for over two years is not enough for you, that you have to niggle over weeks at a time instead of months?

And the dead keep rolling in, don't they?

And "Just" Patrolling and police work is just about as dangerous as some of the fighting.
How many insurgents have shot at you?
None. Just a few dozen regular troops and a pair of T-62s. That counts...doesn't it?
Sure. I'll give you that. :)
It was over in FOUR DAYS. Sorry but 800 plus days has MAJOR bode over that.
Of course nothing you have said can more starkly illustrate your ignorance than that statement. Four days has "bode" ( :roll: ) over 2 1/2 years any time. Just ask anyone who has ever been to war. In any event, Desert Storm was an operation not a complete war.
Well, this isn't a "War" either, according to Bush when he called off major combat operations before some of them had even come to pass.
You might also look around. There is a lot of info out there on the topic:
Dig deeper. It is all derived from the same source namely Ramsey Clarke and Saddam Hussein.
No. I don't see those names listed. Why don't you link something for a change?
The more I read about it, The more it shows that the exposures to BOTH chemical and radioactive elements are part of the problem.
You have to inhale large quantities of DU for it to have any radiological effect. It can't penetrate clothing or skin.
The medical reports are to the contrary. Evidence of high levels of DU have been found in urine samples.
My money is on a good old fashioned face full of diesel fumes and a towering cloud of oil fires which blocked out the sun and was visible from space more than conspiro-babble about DU or chemical weapons.
Or perhaps just all of the above. The environment certainly was toxic.

Make it through the VA report yet? :)
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Why is it that you claim every one, every source out there from established government agencies to independent institutions are blatantly incorrect on the stats from both of the wars and that you have the correct ones?

Are you going to cite any sources? besides "I was there"?

Sorry but that just doesn't fly. You aren't that all knowing.