Erf Day

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Roach
The Space Man

Erf Day

Post by Roach »

To celebrate Earth Day, I BBQ'd lunch with charcoal briquettes, ignited with a fossil fuel, and the remains tossed in the garbage.

I turned on the lawn sprinkler systems, and ran each circuit for about an hour even though everything is green (gotta keep usage up or the Man will try to limit our water share limit).

Then I wasted more precious fuel and created more organic and other atmospheric toxins as I took my F-150's to the car wash and coffee shop. Did a half hour joy ride in each to make sure they were dry.

Happy earth day

:homer:
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Re: Erf Day

Post by Biggie »

I notice that they’re white, too. 🙄
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Damn...I completely forgot about erf day. I'm still recovering from 4/20. Too many things happening all at once gets me really confused.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Good thing you’re retired, Mikey.

Way to go, Roach! I pressure washed the back patios. Lots of water and electricity down the drain.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Longing for a simpler time when we had "Arbor Day" and planted a tree. That used to be enough to "save planet Earth."
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Biggie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:55 pm I notice that they’re white, too. 🙄
Yeah, nice trucks but not big on the white. It just sort of screams 'service vehicle'.

Can I help you ma'am?

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Hilarious to revisit the failed predictions of climate catastrophe from that first earth day. In fact, the next catastrophic prediction to come true will be the first. Gosh, it's almost like it's complete bullshit.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

No #doom?
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Excellent thread. We reshape this dirty ball all day every day. Every day is Earth Day for my guys. Well...except last Saturday. That was Fix the Pump Jack Day. A pumper was preparing a site for teardown (not one of my monkeys, mvscal) and released the sucker rod before locking the beam. At the back end of the beam are stacked counter weights which came smashing down, shearing the crank arms and scattering weights far and wide. About 20,000 lbs of these.

Luckily no one was hurt but a one day job turned into three.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:32 pm A pumper was preparing a site for teardown (not one of my monkeys, mvscal) and released the sucker rod before locking the beam. At the back end of the beam are stacked counter weights which came smashing down, shearing the crank arms and scattering weights far and wide. About 20,000 lbs of these.

Luckily no one was hurt but a one day job turned into three.
I almost got a paper cut yesterday.

Yours and my jobs are a bit different.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I was travelling yesterday on what is probably America's most dangerous train route, the Amtrak Surfliner between San Diego and LA. It's been closed two or three times in the past couple of years due to landslides in San Clemency and San Juan Capistrano. It's open for now and, luckily, we weren't buried yesterday by any new ones on the way up or back.

STW...my son got married at "Casa Romantica" two years ago on a terrace that used to be in the center of the first picture. It gave way about 8 months later. :lol: :lol:

HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

If only it would stop raining, California's hillsides would stop ruining everyone's lives and ruining their wedding chapels.
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Mikey wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 pm I was travelling yesterday on what is probably America's most dangerous train route, the Amtrak Surfliner between San Diego and LA.
Speaking of CA trains, sources have confirmed that the 1st leg of Gov. Newsom's High-Speed Rail Line is open.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BatxqboVg6U? ... IqyX8yxtsb

Happy Friday
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:32 pm sucker rod
~Swoon~

sig

JP Gettysburg
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Meat Head wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:52 pm
~Swoon~

sig

JP Gettysburg
:lol: :lol:
JPGettysburg
Jake

Post by JPGettysburg »

Meat Head wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:52 pm
~Swoon~

sig

JP Gettysburg
Wait, you're fanatical about Barry Manilow, yet point fingers at me?
Oh the irony
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

So we have a good relationship with my bonus kids dad and their grandmother on that side. She posted this in our text thread on Earth Day:

Happy Earth Day!
When Earth Day became a 'thing' in 1970 we all just participated in planting more trees. But now, I don't think that gesture will protect us and the future wellbeing of our children. I keep being reminded of how dangerous plastics are to our planet and to our survival as well. And, I got tired of dragging a huge plastic container home and up the stairs as well as contributing to an environmental problem, so I have moved my laundry and dishwasher cleaning needs to a company that is definitely more environmentally friendly in packaging and product, Earth Breeze. I have no complaints about the effectiveness of the products, however I never have to clean a baseball uniform covered in red dirt...
All of us, doing small things is a start.”

I work for the largest polyethylene manufacturer in the world. Uncomfortable silence ensued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »