John Mellencamp isn't putting up with your bullshit

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

John Mellencamp isn't putting up with your bullshit

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Haha, I guess he's got a record of melting down on stage because hecklers get to him. This isn't the first time he's done this. And who the fuck are these assholes who are heckling artists? I cannot think of anything lamer than people paying money to see a show and talking shit to the performers. What losers.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/john-me ... r-heckler/
John Mellencamp once again reminded fans that he suffers no fools during his Sunday concert in Toledo, Ohio, threatening to end his set early after calling out a "cocksucker" heckler.

A new TikTok shows Mellencamp telling a story before an unseen audience member shouts at him to "play some music." The heckler is met with a chorus of boos before Mellencamp responds, "What do you think I've been doing, you cocksucker? Here's the thing, man. You don't know me. You don't fucking know me. Hey Joe, find this guy and let me see him after the show."

Mellencamp then tries to continue his story but is quickly interrupted by a heckler who demands to hear "Authority Song." "Guys, I can stop this show right now and just go home," he tells the crowd. "Tell you what I'm gonna do. Since you've been so wonderful, I'm gonna cut about 10 songs out of the show. Here we go."
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Re: John Mellencamp isn't putting up with your bullshit

Post by Smackie Chan »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:35 pm And who the fuck are these assholes who are heckling artists? I cannot think of anything lamer than people paying money to see a show and talking shit to the performers. What losers.
Your question and follow-up comment provide you with the answers. Assholes & losers.
"I see everything twice!"
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Play Free Bird!

~wolfman, probably
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

If goodness exists, some fans beat the hecklers ass on the way out. Maybe a trip and fall at the stairs.

:simpson11:
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

True story.

I went to watch Mike Tyson/Razor Ruddock at the Convention Centre, it was a big deal Ruddock being a local boy. John Cougar was playing a stadium show down the road and both got out at the same time. The fight fans were irate, Ruddock got robbed and poured out of the venue in a fury only to encounter the John Cougar mob.
Out of nowhere, the boxing crowd just started hauling off and belting the John Cougar fans. 'John Cougar is a wimp!' 'Razor would kill John Cougar!'

A small riot started and I got out of there.

The End.

Remember reading later (I think it was Toronto) John Cougar did a show with 'Hurt So Good' and someone pegged him right in the head with a bottle. He got knocked out but returned to the stage with a hardhat and resumed.

Some people just draw that reaction for violence and I suppose John Cougar is one of those.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dr_Phibes wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:17 am True story.

I went to watch Mike Tyson/Razor Ruddock at the Convention Centre, it was a big deal Ruddock being a local boy. John Cougar was playing a stadium show down the road and both got out at the same time. The fight fans were irate, Ruddock got robbed and poured out of the venue in a fury only to encounter the John Cougar mob.
Out of nowhere, the boxing crowd just started hauling off and belting the John Cougar fans. 'John Cougar is a wimp!' 'Razor would kill John Cougar!'

A small riot started and I got out of there.

The End.

Remember reading later (I think it was Toronto) John Cougar did a show with 'Hurt So Good' and someone pegged him right in the head with a bottle. He got knocked out but returned to the stage with a hardhat and resumed.

Some people just draw that reaction for violence and I suppose John Cougar is one of those.
Wild stories. The US myth of the docile Canadian needs to end.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:35 pm I cannot think of anything lamer than people paying money to see a show and talking shit to the performers. What losers.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:25 pm Image
Loser who pays to heckle artists checks in
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:55 am
Wild stories. The US myth of the docile Canadian needs to end.
It's a thing, I don't know how it started or why. The Who did one of their 'last tour ever we swear this time' tours and Joe Jackson opened and he got bottled and had to run off stage and cancel his set.
Pete Townsend came out and lost it, he said Toronto was a shithole and he's never coming back - so he got bottled.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:35 pmAnd who the fuck are these assholes who are heckling artists?
Perhaps people who paid to see and hear a musician play songs and not listen to rambling anecdotes and political opinions?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

A few months ago, I purposely watched back-to-back John Melencamp videos on Youtube.

First, I watched a video of him on American Bandstand, in like, 1981 or something. John Cougar.
Very high energy, flying around on the set, belting out vocals.

Then, I watched a video of him from 2023.

What a hilarious contrast!

Wheezing on stage, barely moving around, shuffling, almost speaking his lyrics.

John Melencamp 2023 is 1981 John Cougar's granddaddy.

No wonder he parks his @ss down in the middle of his shows to... tell stories.
They are riveting, no doubt.

Should have packed that show in decades ago, Johnny.

Just sayin'.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:43 am A few months ago, I purposely watched back-to-back John Melencamp videos on Youtube.

First, I watched a video of him on American Bandstand, in like, 1981 or something. John Cougar.
Very high energy, flying around on the set, belting out vocals.

Then, I watched a video of him from 2023.

What a hilarious contrast!

Wheezing on stage, barely moving around, shuffling, almost speaking his lyrics.

John Melencamp 2023 is 1981 John Cougar's granddaddy.

No wonder he parks his @ss down in the middle of his shows to... tell stories.
They are riveting, no doubt.

Should have packed that show in decades ago, Johnny.

Just sayin'.
Maybe he should just come out in hockey goalie's gear, have a seat and let fans pelt him with beer bottles while he rambles on about random shit that nobody give a fuck about?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

LOL
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Discussion about the Mellencamp situation, with some video of the actual incident.