The 8 Best Free Apps to Turn Photos Into Art and Paintings

Moderator: Shlomart Ben Yisrael

StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-free-ap ... d-ios-web/

This is a quick experiment with an A.I. Art tool called, “GoArt”, which is listed in the article above. GoArt is an online A.I. photo to painting converter.

Here’s where you can start:
https://www.fotor.com/features/goart.html

Select the”Turn Picture Into Painting Now” button.

GoArt has a simple interface and is free to use. Art styles are limited in the free version, but it still allows space for you to put your own spin on things.

Since I’m a cheapskate, I’ve only used the free version of this tool. One downside? In the free version, every image you download after you’ve played with it will have a watermark in the lower left corner. Every single one.

Stop reading now if the watermark doesn’t bother you.

-----------------------------------------------

Also since I’m a cheapskate, I developed a work-around to remove the dreaded watermark without having to pay for a software license. This way, your end result painting will include the entire picture. You won’t have to crop the bottom off to get rid of the watermark! So, what I suggest is this:

- Open your photo of choice in the image-editing app of your choice. I use GIMP.
- Select the entire photo or partial photo you want to run through A.I..
- Scale your image to your chosen final measurements. Ex. 1024 x 768. VERY IMPORTANT! Keep the W x H ratio the same as your original photo. Note the dimensions. ‘Copy’ the photo to your clipboard.
- In your photo editor, create a new blank image with a solid color background. Make it 25% taller than before! This would make your new image from the above example 1024 wide by 960 tall.
- 'Paste' the original photo from your clipboard onto the upper part of the new image. Make sure to leave a tall band of the solid background color showing across the bottom.
- The new image you just created [the tall one] is the image you import into GoArt’s A.I. web interface.
- Select the”Turn Picture Into Painting Now” button. Follow the simple instructions.
- Run your new image through GoArt’s A.I. painting style selection tool and fiddle with the sliders until you’re happy with the result..
- Once you’re happy with the changes you’ve made, select “Download” to save it to your device.

You’ll get a final painting that looks something like this:

Open this newly downloaded artwork into your image editor and crop the bottom part off, removing the “GoArt” watermark. Enjoy and share your new creation!

Here are a few samples of the free painting styles you can create. You’ll find that some styles are better for portraits, some for landscapes, still lifes, etc.

Original Photo – [close relatives of mine]:

Smear

Super String

Van Gogh

Pen & Ink

Structuralism

ENJOY!!

:bananaS:
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Re: The 8 Best Free Apps to Turn Photos Into Art and Paintings

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

AI is not a fan of that kid's earring.

Nice resources though. I'll remember to check this thread if I need some AI art.
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

More Experiments!

Original photo of a collapsed tobacco barn near Clements, MD:

Turned into paintings with GoArt

Another original photo

Turned into paintings with GoArt

StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Cousin Yujiro and his wife, Hotaru

HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Is it wrong if I want to rub my crotch on Yujiro's foot pussy?
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

That IS quite a moose knuckle, isn't it?! :lol:

He must've gotten a LOT of after hours attention at his barrack in Boot Camp. Oh Wait...