Anti-Muslim ?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Anti-Muslim ?

Post by Sudden Sam »

This is not the first time (former home secretary Suella) Braverman has espoused such sentiments: her history of anti-Muslim remarks demonstrates a dangerous pattern. When incidents of Qur’an burning and desecration emerged last year, including the tearing of a copy at a school in Yorkshire, she took to the pages of the Times to assert: “We do not have blasphemy laws in Great Britain, and must not be complicit in the attempts to impose them on this country. There is no right not to be offended. There is no legal obligation to be reverent towards any religion.”

From a Guardian piece.

How is what Ms. Braverman said above ‘anti-Muslim’? For all I know, she may very well be anti-Muslim. But her comments above are perfectly legit.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Anti-Muslim ?

Post by Mikey »

Legit. Some countries in the EU (though not Great Britain) have banned women from wearing a hijab or burka in public. That would be anti-Muslim.

What do you think about banning people from cross-dressing? Do you have the right not to be offended? How about the kid in Texas who was kicked out of school for growing dreadlocks but wearing them tied up on his head?

What would you think about a group of Muslims (or atheists, or satanists) tearing up a Bible in your town square? What would the local ‘Bama population think about it?
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Mikey wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:43 pm Legit. Some countries in the EU (though not Great Britain) have banned women from wearing a hijab or burka in public. That would be anti-Muslim.

What do you think about banning people from cross-dressing? Do you have the right not to be offended? How about the kid in Texas who was kicked out of school for growing dreadlocks but wearing them tied up on his head?

What would you think about a group of Muslims (or atheists, or satanists) tearing up a Bible in your town square? What would the local ‘Bama population think about it?
No problem with people wearing what they want. If they wish to advertise their mental illness, so be it. (You knew the mental illness part was coming, didn’t you?😃)

The hair thing is tough. Personally I think he should be able to wear it, but if the school’s rules forbid it, can’t make an exception.

The bible thing? I have zero problem with it. As far as most Alabamians…they’d go apeshit crazy.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Sudden Sam wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:49 pm
Mikey wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:43 pm Legit. Some countries in the EU (though not Great Britain) have banned women from wearing a hijab or burka in public. That would be anti-Muslim.

No problem with people wearing what they want. If they wish to advertise their mental illness, so be it. (You knew the mental illness part was coming, didn’t you?😃)
Of course we did. And w/o attribution to a credible study stating as such.

You do remember when homosexuality was considered a mental illness by the right, don't you?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:31 pm
You do remember when homosexuality was considered a mental illness by the right, don't you?
Isn’t it still? Or is it just a mortal sin?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Mikey wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:37 pm
Isn’t it still? Or is it just a mortal sin?
Not by experts
American Psychological Association wrote:Is homosexuality a mental disorder?
No, lesbian, gay, and bisexual orientations are not disorders. Research has found no inherent association between any of these sexual orientations and psychopathology. Both heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding. Therefore, these mainstream organizations long ago abandoned classifications of homosexuality as a mental disorder.
9/27/22
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The Seer wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:50 pm Image
That's in Canada, dumbfuck.

Here in the US dogs are free to run loose off a leash, and have been for many years.

Oh wait...
9/27/22
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Because something exists in society does not make it "NORMAL". Murder and rape are common, certainly would not be thought of as normal.
Lousy reasoning at best.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Wolfman wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:08 pm Because something exists in society does not make it "NORMAL". Murder and rape are common, certainly would not be thought of as normal.
Who gets to decide what’s normal? Murder and rape are violent crimes and are punished as such, not because they are merely abnormal. But for behavior that hurts no one and is deemed abnormal or a mental disorder, what needs to be done about it?
"I see everything twice!"
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Smackie Chan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:18 pm
Wolfman wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:08 pm Because something exists in society does not make it "NORMAL". Murder and rape are common, certainly would not be thought of as normal.
Who gets to decide what’s normal? Murder and rape are violent crimes and are punished as such, not because they are merely abnormal. But for behavior that hurts no one and is deemed abnormal, what needs to be done about it?
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dogs need to be on a leash unless in their owner’s enclosed property or a fenced dog park. EOS.

And next time I hear the words “fur baby” I may resort to some kind of violence myself.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Sudden Sam wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:49 pm

Of course we did. And w/o attribution to a credible study stating as such.

No, I don’t. But i do remember when it was considered a mental illness by everyone.

A man pretends to be a young girl. A woman claims she’s a bird. You don’t think these people are exhibiting signs of a mental problem?
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Mikey wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:11 pm
Dogs need to be on a leash unless in their owner’s enclosed property or a fenced dog park. EOS.

And next time I hear the words “fur baby” I may resort to some kind of violence myself.
Oooooh, Mikey and I may be on the same page about something. I can't stand the 'dog movement' which is reaching a high tide since it started about 10 years ago. It is infiltrating many parts of society from advertisements, to social media, to everyday being out and about. When I am in my local Ace Hardware, I don't want your dog getting near to me. Keep your fucking filthy, lifestyle 'anchor' away from me. You may think it's ok because your filthy animal is 'faaaamily' and thusly an equal to humans- I don't. Screw you and your dog.

I swear, if either one of the Dem or Rep candidates runs on the platform that dogs have a right to vote, they'd win in a g-damned landslide.

Yes, I ranted on this a month or so ago and HPG, if I recall correctly, stated I was having a bad Monday. Coincidentally, it's a Monday again. Perhaps he's right... but fuck dogs.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Ken wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:10 pm I swear, if either one of the Dem or Rep candidates runs on the platform that dogs have a right to vote, they'd win in a g-damned landslide.
That's no more stupid than corporations having a right to Freedom of Speech....
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Ken wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:10 pm
Yes, I ranted on this a month or so ago and HPG, if I recall correctly, stated I was having a bad Monday. Coincidentally, it's a Monday again. Perhaps he's right... but fuck dogs.
:lol: :lol:

HPG is probably one of those people who will put his little shih tzu fur baby in his shopping cart at the grocery store.

Seems like 50% of the dogs around here are now “service dogs” so if you ever say anything you’re discriminating against someone’s disability. I have nothing against service animals if they’re really needed but I think it’s being highly abused.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Mikey wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:45 am
Ken wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:10 pm
:lol: :lol:

HPG is probably one of those people who will put his little shih tzu fur baby in his shopping cart at the grocery store.

Seems like 50% of the dogs around here are now “service dogs” so if you ever say anything you’re discriminating against someone’s disability. I have nothing against service animals if they’re really needed but I think it’s being highly abused.
Nah....he'll just carry it in his man-purse.
9/27/22
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Ken wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:10 pm ... but fuck dogs.
Sin, Filthy McNastie's dog humping neighbor.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

I don't like picking up shit so I'm not a dog person but if I was it would probably be a yorkie or some other gay-assed shit in a wicker basket like Mikey said.

This is my "dog". He rides on my shoulders and in the summer we play tag in the back yard. He was a rescue destined to be put down because he was so aggressive. I figured he would always be an outdoor cat but he calmed down and became one of the best pets I've ever had. I love the heck out of him but even at that I don't take him to the hardware store because I'm not a fucking prick.

mvscal will notice I have no legass sores at the moment. #winning
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

StrawMan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:40 am
Roland. Rack the reset.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Dude, that photo of your cat has Atomic Panties potential.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Mikey wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:45 am Seems like 50% of the dogs around here are now “service dogs” so if you ever say anything you’re discriminating against someone’s disability. I have nothing against service animals if they’re really needed but I think it’s being highly abused.
Wait a sec…

You have no problem with a grown man pretending to be a little girl or a girl thinking she’s a bird…but you’re down on folks needing emotional support critters?
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:24 am
StrawMan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:40 am
Roland. Rack the reset.
Roland. Damn that's a DEEP pull.

"Roland the Friendless Stray Dog Humper"

-- Warren Zevon, to the tune of Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:24 am
Is this what they call afterglow?
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode