Weekend Roll Call 2-3-24

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 2-3-24

Post by kcdave »

Brand new Ace tune that just dropped yesterday.
I sorta like this one. It's just getting harder and harder
to really dig new shit coming from these 70's and 80's
bands. I would likely have had more appreciation for
this song 40-45 years ago.

Hey Screwy, this is a picture of a speedometer.
They are used in automobiles to tell you... never mind,
you car-less fuck.

If you take a look through that filthy gauge covering you
will see the temp was 62 here in FOC yesterday on the way
home from work. We had several days in the 60's this week
along with a few 70s in the southern portion of the metro.
More 60's this coming week SHOULD have me declaring that
WINTER IS OVER already, especially considering Pux Phil
went that same route yesterday. HOWEVER, the weather
dorks that I follow know better and are saying to be prepared
for a whole other round of bullshit later this month to give us
a reality check. We will enjoy Faux Spring for the time being.

No ball this week. Thinking about taking Vaghub to the city for
a pre-Valentine's day of leisure. A few honey-do's and a little grill
work tomorrow.

Been a minute since I bashed on the maga kooks and all of their
silly as shenanigans.

This first story sort of reminds me a little of the dumb bitch that
got what she deserved at the Capitol on Jan. 6th. This one it seems
slapped herself back to reality before it as too late .....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/days-darknes ... 17271.html

I sort of touched on this last week, and many good folks with common
sense have come out the last few days to denounce such ignorant
behavior. That's not stopping the maga kooks from continuing to
pile on though. This article caught my eye yesterday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-risks- ... 00320.html

I would really like to see the yam break his silence and go on a nice,
long T-n-T rant, but hopefully he will wait a while. Sometime in
September, or maybe early October. Let the fat, orange bastard
really cut loose with some of his witty zingers. Maga tards vs Swiftie
Nation would be an epic battle. Old, fat white dudes that have not
had non-medicated boners in 20 years, hating on the young, hot bitches
that live and die on Tay's every word. Never under estimate the
power of pussy.

I will delve much further into SB58 next week, but we can talk about the
line a little now. 9'ers opened as a 3 point fave, quickly fell to 1 but have
settled in the last couple of days at 2. IMHO, Chiefs plus 2 is a great bet.

That was going to be my M.o.t.W, but this one popped up late last night :lol:

Happy Weekend, Y'all.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Weekend Roll Call 2-3-24

Post by Screw_Michigan »

kcdave wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:33 am Hey Screwy, this is a picture of a speedometer.
They are used in automobiles to tell you... never mind,
you car-less fuck.
Never forget this, Dave: You will always be my bitch.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Had some friends visiting us for a couple of nights, they live in Texas and this was a stop for them as they drive to Orlando. They're meeting their grandchildren there and of course are going to do Disney.

The night they arrived I made some steaks, and our guests could not believe how they turned out. I've been using the sous vide for awhile now, it is absolutely great for steaks. I've done chicken breasts sous vide as well, generally I don't like chicken breasts but sous vide they turn out great. Both of these steaks have been cooked to 130° but the one on the left was done via sous vide:

Anyway, my friend is getting a sous vide when he gets home. Also, huge props to the guy. He was a pilot in the Vietnam war and also flew missions in the Persian Gulf war. Has been a pilot for United and American airlines, and now he trains pilots. Great guy and of course has a lot of amazing stories. He's almost 78 years old and still going strong.

There was some talk here about king cakes, and here is a way to make a basic one at home using cinnamon rolls.

Now in the waiting area at the vet, time for the annual checkup for our little dogs. They are Mi-Kis and are perfect little lap dogs.

Some Mardi Gras parades later this week, and we might go to one of the big Mardi Gras balls in NOLA, we'll see. LSU baseball about to start also. Y'all have a good one.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

We've had some fake spring around here so I'm not mad at Dave just yet. I could almost golf today; it's 45ºF with 11mph winds. I've golfed in worse during June! Fuck a bunch of Punxatawnee Phil and his early spring though. We'll have snow on Mother's Day as per usualm. That groundhog is full of shit, Ray.

I still haven't watched NFL this year('sup wrongtown?) but I pay attention to story lines and listen to sports radio on an occasion. The Swift-Kelsey drama is manufactured and stoked by media companies desperate for interaction. If you have passionate feelings either way, congratulations, you've been manipulated. Famous people meet and fuck other famous people. Shocking stuff, I know. If you still care what famous people do and say, go ahead and subscribe to Cosmopolitan and People Magazine while scheduling to have your dick removed. It's fucking stupid. Celebrity worship has always been stupid. If you perpetuate it, you are even more stupid. Find new hobbies, for fuck's sake.

As usual, dave's musical picks are shitteh. Here's the #1 song on iTunes, fuckos. Deal with it.

Fuck this site's youtube embed feature.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

IN. Still happy not to give a shit
about the NFL et al.
Hope some tunes tonight ??
Enjoy
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Funny. The people that don't give a shit about the NFL.

Sure talk about it a lot.

Sounds like TDS.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

kcdave wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:33 am I will delve much further into SB58 next week, but we can talk about the
line a little now. 9'ers opened as a 3 point fave, quickly fell to 1 but have
settled in the last couple of days at 2. IMHO, Chiefs plus 2 is a great bet.
Have you fucking checked all this wild speculation with Screwy yet?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

FiatLux wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:11 pm Funny. The people that don't give a shit about the NFL.

Sounds like TDS.
Yep. NFL isn't even playing this weekend and Wolftard's NFL Derangement Syndrome has him obsessing over it. Not a good look.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

In. Just watched U of MD lacrosse log an overtime W vs #20 Richmond. It never should have gone to OT.

MD was flat and they'll have to get their shit together quick. Tough schedule coming up...

Looking forward to Tune Town tonight.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:47 pm
FiatLux wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:11 pm Funny. The people that don't give a shit about the NFL.

Sounds like TDS.
Yep. NFL isn't even playing this weekend and Wolftard's NFL Derangement Syndrome has him obsessing over it. Not a good look.
For what it's worth (not much), the Pro Bowl is this weekend.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:49 pm For what it's worth (not much), the Pro Bowl is this weekend.
Makes Wolftard look even worse if he's triggered by the Pro Bowl.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

We got about three inches of rain here between Wednesday and Thursday. Supposed to get another four to four and a half between tomorrow afternoon and COB on Wednesday. They got pretty slammed with some flooding down in San Diego but no real problems here. Newspapers a all crying for everyone to be prepared for potential catastrophic life threatening flooding. :meds: OK I've got plenty of food and water, and I've got backup power. I went around the yard today and made sure that all the landscape drains were clear.

I guess all I can do now is barren down the hatches.

I've been trolling some of the "Leaving California" Facebook pages that past few days. There's some really funny shit to be seen there, with everybody trying to convince themselves that they did the right thing to move somewhere where it's 20 below in the winter, 120 above in the summer, or destined to be several feet underwater in the next ten years or so. Mostly MAGA clowns who don't like the governor, and all sorts of whacky disinformation like 12% state income tax (not even close), $30,000 property taxes (about an order of magnitude off) or "MY VOTE DOESN'T COUNT!!!" Guess what, in a Democracy if your candidate didn't win that doesn't mean you vote didn't count. It just means that you're a fucking loser. If that were the case, close to half of our votes don't count in any given election.

This is about the best one.

Some woman wrote:
I was in California 2 weeks ago and had rain 3 out of 6 days. 2 of the remaining 3 days were overcast and depressing. Lived there 50 years. Weather is not always perfect as people claim.
Another wrote:
San Diego flooded badly last week and all we had was steady rain for about 7 hours
Many of the drains were clogged not working properly and wiped out homes horse stables roads etc
Some are suing the city for not maintaining the drains because we all know the money doesn’t go where it should. Another rain storm yesterday and they hyped it like the hurricane
They admit to cloud seeding etc
They are manipulating the weather. We are having a normal rain week next week
This is common in Jan and Feb
Of course the mayor now wants to act all official
I can’t wait to get out
Really? Complaining about some rain when half the country is freezing? If you're in Florida, where most of these people seem to have gone, let's get back together in the summer and talk weather.

I have no problem with any of these people leaving. In fact, the more the better. But try and be honest, at least with yourself, about why you're doing it.

To show you how bad it actually got here last week, I made a short video just after sunrise on Friday morning, showing the storm's aftermath at our house.
Raining in the sunshine, "diamonds" covering the paloverde trees. Turn up the sound to hear the birds in crying out in agony.

https://youtu.be/wHnIpqenyUg

Ok that's all. Got to get to barrening. Hope to see you in TuneTown later on.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

dave wrote:Chiefs plus 2 is a great bet.
A steady diet of 65 toss power trap, and KC should be in good shape.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Mikey wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:30 pm Ok that's all. Got to get to barrening. Hope to see you in TuneTown later on.

Fuck this ice hurricane! 85 mph winds along the coast.

It was warmer in the Ocean this morning than outside.

Got out of the water and almost froze taking off 4/3 wetsuit.