Pete Rose Interview

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Pete Rose Interview

Post by Softball Bat »

I have been sick, and isolating, so I have had some extra time on my hands.
I took some time to watch a recent Pete Rose interview, on VladTV.

Rose has always been one of THE best interviews, and this one is about 2 hours long.

Pete's age is showing, and he is not looking particularly great.
But I wanted to comment on one particular moment in this segment, where he gives a mind-boggling answer.
It is from 3:12 to 3:32.
Watch this part.

If you've watched his interviews in the past, or have watched this one, you recognize that Pete Rose remembers EVERY detail of his career, and he knows EVERY stat of his.
His mind is a mental encyclopedia of his career.
Photographic memory of every detail, every moment, every stat.
He knows how many walks he had in 1965, how many strike outs he had against every pitcher, how many doubles he had in 1977, how many times he scratched his @ss when he walked to the plate before he delivered the hit that extended his hitting streak to 44 games... and on and on and on...
He forgot NOTHING.

Then he is asked here in this clip, "You ended up getting divorced in 1980, and was it over a baby that you had outside the marriage?"

Pete: I don't remember that. I don't remember that. I don't think it was, but it may have been.

ummm...

Pete?
What?

Don't remember?
How do you not remember that you got divorced because you fathered a baby with another woman?

LOL

At any rate, Pete is always fascinating.

Here is the whole interview...

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Re: Pete Rose Interview

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

I grew up in southern Ohio in the 70’s. The Big Red Machine was the single most important thing in daily life in the spring, summer and fall (And Archie Griffin won two Heisman trophies then). But Pete was a giant cock. There was a promotion in my town where Reds players came to sign autographs. The whole fucking city and people from the sticks showed up. That SOB looked at his watch, got up and fucked a crowd of thousands. The other Reds stuck around and took care of everyone. Total douche.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Wonder if he remembers that.
"I see everything twice!"
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Smackie Chan wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:44 am Wonder if he remembers that.
Don’t care. I do.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Softball Bat wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:23 pm
Pete?
What?

Don't remember?
How do you not remember that you got divorced because you fathered a baby with another woman?

LOL

He probably doesn't actually remember it, he's a narcissist. Prone to damaging himself, but not destructive.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Phibes wrote:He probably doesn't actually remember it, he's a narcissist.
Yeah.
My sense from watching it, and from watching him in many interviews, is that he really doesn't remember what the deal was with the divorce he was asked about.

Just blocked it out of his mind soon after it happened, and rolled on with his life.
It was not an important thing to him, so it was basically discarded from his mind a long time ago.

His mind and soul was instead obsessed with baseball, stats, fame, gambling, whore-mongering, and whatsuch.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:12 am

His mind and soul was instead obsessed with baseball, stats, fame, gambling, whore-mongering, and whatsuch.
Which is why he should die without ever getting a sniff of the Hall.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote:I grew up in southern Ohio in the 70’s. The Big Red Machine was the single most important thing in daily life in the spring, summer and fall (And Archie Griffin won two Heisman trophies then). But Pete was a giant cock. There was a promotion in my town where Reds players came to sign autographs. The whole fucking city and people from the sticks showed up. That SOB looked at his watch, got up and fucked a crowd of thousands. The other Reds stuck around and took care of everyone. Total douche.
Sounds like the exact opposite of what I saw from Cal Ripken Jr. back in his AAA days in Rochester. About 6 people showed at an autograph signing in my hometown. He stayed the full 4 hours signing and fielding questions from the few snot nosed kids that stuck around. Good dude. He was AL Rookie of the Year the next year and a WS champion the following year. Always rooted for Cal even during the Angelos years.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown