HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Haven't been to Five Guys in a year

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Prices went... up.

Bacon double cheeseburger is now $11.09
Smallest order of fries $4.99
Smallest drink $2.65
Of course everything is a la carte like they're Ruth Cris or some shit.

Jeebuz. Red Robin is cheaper and the waitress is probably cute.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Haven't been to Five Guys in a year

Post by Carson »

Do they still throw a handful of greasy fries into the bag so you feel better about paying too much?
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Carson wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:24 am Do they still throw a handful of greasy fries into the bag so you feel better about paying too much?
Yeah. They tossed some old fries on top of the bag. I'm not sure I felt better about spending $20 to feed myself at a burger joint.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Weird.

Just been for the first time, one just opened a block away. I ordered and the girl said 'that will be x dollars'. As she said it, she stood back from the till, waiting for it. I didn't say anything, just paid. She looked re-assured and there you go. I can only imagine what they've been dealing with.

Anyway, it was shite. Wendy's with a dirty floor.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

I never understood the Five Guys chain. People who love it LOVE it. I think its the suck. The fries are bad. The burgers are nothing special. And they end up all soggy and shit-like after you open the foil.

I think burger chains in general have declined in recent years. The Clown's joint is particularly bad. Wendy's is deece, for the price. But most are dirtier than I recalled in the past. We occasionally visit Culver's, which isn't great. But is OK. I wish we had In-N-Out Burger in our part of the world. Never been disappointed there.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

88 wrote:I think burger chains in general have declined in recent years. The Clown's joint is particularly bad. Wendy's is deece, for the price. But most are dirtier than I recalled in the past.
Yes.

Just generally, everything in America is degrading.
It has accelerated since Covid.

That is my observation, as one who has returned to America after having been mostly OUT of the country for many years.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:02 pm I never understood the Five Guys chain. People who love it LOVE it. I think its the suck. The fries are bad. The burgers are nothing special. And they end up all soggy and shit-like after you open the foil.

I think burger chains in general have declined in recent years. The Clown's joint is particularly bad. Wendy's is deece, for the price. But most are dirtier than I recalled in the past. We occasionally visit Culver's, which isn't great. But is OK. I wish we had In-N-Out Burger in our part of the world. Never been disappointed there.
Five Guys is huge in DC being from the region. I think the burgers are good but yes, they are generally expensive. The only time I have eaten at Five Guys in the last eight years or so is when I was at the airport and the veggie burger was the cheapest food in the terminal.

I used to go to Culver's pretty frequently when I lived in Indiana. Wish we had one out here.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:21 pmI used to go to Culver's pretty frequently when I lived in Indiana. Wish we had one out here.
That's the closest burger joint to where we live, < a mile away. Good grub for fast food. :bode:
"I see everything twice!"
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

But Five Guys is just bland. It doesn't taste like anything, the pickles aren't even dills.

I suspect this comes from the ridiculous American dictum, don't put anything in the beef but salt and pepper. That's retarded. Note to the imperialists, spices can make food interesting and delicious. Try it sometime.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Dr_Phibes wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:30 pm don't put anything in the beef but salt and pepper. That's retarded.
You done fucked up now.

Not saying other stuff can't be added, but in order to get the essence of beef taste, salt and pepper is all you need.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Carson wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:34 pm
Dr_Phibes wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:30 pm don't put anything in the beef but salt and pepper. That's retarded.
You done fucked up now.

Not saying other stuff can't be added, but in order to get the essence of beef taste, salt and pepper is all you need.
Maybe a little garlic and/or onion, but I’d draw the line before starting to add coriander, allspice, cinnamon and cloves.

Actually, one of the best burgers I’ve tasted had some chorizo mixed in with the ground beef.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Mikey wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:02 am Maybe a little garlic and/or onion
Calm down Mikey. You're like that man at the party who insists on playing the drums.

Don't let the neighbours hear your radical ideas, they'll set fire to your shrubs. Which would be a shame if you're growing.. oregano.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

That shit just gives you a headache.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

McD's is OK if you just need a mediocre burger for short money. The double cheeseburger gets the job done.

Used to like BK for the Whopper, but that seems to have gone downhill.

Ive eaten at 5Gs a few times. Nothing special, but I like the concept. They basically just followed the formula that made McD famous. Too bad McD abandoned it close to a half century ago.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Steve Jobs
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Steve Jobs »

chorizo = pig salivary glands

:bbq:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

They opened a Five Guys on the chain restaurant strip in town. I still haven’t been there. Too many homegrown options.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Steve Jobs wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:17 pm chorizo = pig salivary glands
And a buncha other parts like lips & assholes. Don’t care, still eat that shit up over here.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Smackie Chan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:52 pm
Steve Jobs wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:17 pm chorizo = pig salivary glands
And a buncha other parts like lips & assholes. Don’t care, still eat that shit up over here.
It’s actually a lot of different things in a lot of different places. Originally from Portugal. Mexican style is a great hangover cure if combined with a few bloody Mary’s, or a classic Michelada.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Mikey wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:09 pm It’s actually a lot of different things in a lot of different places. Originally from Portugal. Mexican style is a great hangover cure if combined with a few bloody Mary’s, or a classic Michelada.
Yep. Didn’t realize that til I moved to the East Coast. Chorizo there is mostly Portuguese and is more like Italian sausage than Mexican chorizo. Had visitors from CA bring us the good Mexican shit when they came out.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Smackie Chan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:36 pm
Mikey wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:09 pm It’s actually a lot of different things in a lot of different places. Originally from Portugal. Mexican style is a great hangover cure if combined with a few bloody Mary’s, or a classic Michelada.
Yep. Didn’t realize that til I moved to the East Coast. Chorizo there is mostly Portuguese and is more like Italian sausage than Mexican chorizo. Had visitors from CA bring us the good Mexican shit when they came out.
And Spanish chorizo is a hard, dry cured sausage like a pepperoni. About the only common denominator is that they're all made from pork parts.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I live about a mile and a half from Houston’s city center. Plenty of burger joint options within a 10 minute driving radius. Five Guys is part of our rotation. I like it, but I like other joints too. All the prices are pretty high but there are days when they run specials during certain times. We try to follow that pattern so we can feed all four of us (bonus son is 14 with a hollow leg so might as well make it five of us).

Places we like:

Burger Joint
Hopdoddy
Five Guys
Southwell’s
Onion Creek
Burger Bodega
Someburger

We’re not really fast foodies but on occasion we will grab Wendy’s or Whataburger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)