THanksGiving Roll Call

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

THanksGiving Roll Call

Post by Mikey »

Happy THanksGiving to all T1B trools. Hopefully we can put our differences aside for a day. Or not.

Heading out soon for the two hour (without traffic) drive to Victorville to dine with our son’s in-laws. Or would that more properly be our daughter-in-law’s parents and family? Her mom has in the past run a soul food restaurant and still does a part time catering business. An amazing cook, so this should be epoch.

I just hope that they have sense enough to have the Niners / Seaturtles game on later. I think pops is a big football fan so I can’t imagine that they won’t.

Not sure how the traffic is going to be on the 15, but we’re leaving an hour extra for the drive. I got a FasTrak sticker for the car so we can use the toll lanes. Hopefully that will help.
Roach
The Space Man

Re: THanksGiving Roll Call

Post by Roach »

Staying home and kids coming here for the big dinner. No cooking, we are getting food from Cafe Brio. Sounds Italian but they do great holiday food.

Best wished to all, and rack the trools.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

IN

In Chicago now.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

In.

This day always reminds me of one of my last T.G. in SoCal. Driving to Newport Beach from SFV for a 4:00 mealtime. Left at NOON(!) to arrive early and imbibe a bit. After 90 mins on the 405 we made it to Santa Monica Blvd...After a VERY brief discussion we all agreed - bummer, but fuck this. So we exited and headed for PCH and ate at Duke's for Thanksgiving. Unconventional, but utile. Host was disappointed but...limits.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

We lived in Henderson NV for five years in the 90s and used to come back to LoCal for the weekend. So heading north on Wednesday and south on Sunday we were always going the opposite direction from the traffic. Used to LOL at all the suckers sitting in the parking lot that I15 would turn into. Never understood why they would want to go to Lost Wages for TG. Not exactly the place for a family oriented holiday.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

All my kids and their SOs came home for t-day this year. Hosting 10 at the table! So blessed.

We played jackbox games until 2am. Getting a late start, lol.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Happy Thanksgiving from Rochester. Heading out to mother in law’s place for a traditional dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using a big network of tubes.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Mrs.O and I had dinner earlier at our church. No company--- no need to eat turkey for a month.
Did you know you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant ??
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Happy Thanksgiving from CLE. We are at the bro-in-law’s crib. Three birds under close 88 supervision. One done. One near. One motherfucking roaster going on the tree lawn later tonight…. Mrs. 88’s clan is 43 strong this year. Been higher. But this is the best showing since Covid.

Hope all of you have a safe and happy one. Cheer for the Bucks against The Cheaters. Be thankful for whatever you can think of. I could go on for hours.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Drove to southeast Alabama for T-Day gathering with about 35 members of wife’s family. Used to be an every year get together, but several deaths put a damper on things. Good to get everyone together again.

One of my boys will be here tomorrow with his family. That’s what I’m looking forward to.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Happy Turkey Day, you sweet faggots.

The first wintermageddon of the year has been fairly mild. Gonna hit single digits in a few hours. No snow to plow but I'll be jump starting equipment most of the night.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Enjoying time with my daughter & her family in Colorado Springs after spending a good part of yesterday with the Cabinfesters at Brooklyn’s bar across from Mile High Stadium. Wx here reminds me of why we decided to retire in AZ. Beautiful here, but too cold. Hope y’all enjoyed Thanksgiving!
"I see everything twice!"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Smackie Chan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:19 am Enjoying time with my daughter & her family in Colorado Springs after spending a good part of yesterday with the Cabinfesters at Brooklyn’s bar across from Mile High Stadium. Wx here reminds me of why we decided to retire in AZ. Beautiful here, but too cold. Hope y’all enjoyed Thanksgiving!
I've been to the Springs a bunch of times. Reminds me of my hometown, both second cities with strange religious undertones.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Is this the post-tday drump thread?

I just had a religious experience on the porcelain throne. Simply glorious.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Amen. Was stuffed up way past the danger line yesterday and had to rise early to accomodate nature. Two gulps of coffee and the gates of hell demanded to be opened. Had a big push with fists clenched and saw god just before almost passing out. Huge, clean, long, and perhaps better than sex. Br0oke out ina sweat and had to shower again. Religous indeed. Good times.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Turkey day part deux, t-minus 32 minutes.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Brown Friday rulz.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I was at Best Buy here to get an item via curbside pick up. The line to get into the door stretched back to the next store. They had a sheriff there to keep order. Madness.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The spread we had last night at my son’s in laws was truly epoch. Looking forward tonight to leftovers - turkey, stuffing , ham, the best mac and cheese I ever tasted, candied yams (cooked in orange juice) collard greens, potato salad, and an four kinds of pie.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:38 pm The spread we had last night at my son’s in laws was truly epoch. Looking forward tonight to leftovers - turkey, stuffing , ham, the best mac and cheese I ever tasted, candied yams (cooked in orange juice) collard greens, potato salad, and an four kinds of pie.
Everything is great about Thanksgiving except for the food. I'd be all about a prime rib Thanksgiving. That would be amazing.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:15 pm I'd be all about a prime rib Thanksgiving. That would be amazing.
This. I’m not a turkey guy.

We do always have pork loin(s) and venison, though, so it’s tolerable.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Meat Head wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:59 pm Amen. Was stuffed up way past the danger line yesterday and had to rise early to accomodate nature. Two gulps of coffee and the gates of hell demanded to be opened. Had a big push with fists clenched and saw god just before almost passing out. Huge, clean, long, and perhaps better than sex. Br0oke out ina sweat and had to shower again. Religous indeed. Good times.
Rack that shit!
Scott from Anaheim
Jake

Post by Scott from Anaheim »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:15 pm Everything is great about Thanksgiving except for the food. I'd be all about a prime rib Thanksgiving. That would be amazing.
Double rack here. And leftover turkey is even more useless to me. The notion of making sandos out of it is unappealing as hell. Any turkey I put on bread needs to be out of a packet and saturated in sodium and preservatives. War processed food.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

It helps if you know how to cook a turkey.

:meds:
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

Smackie Chan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:19 am after spending a good part of yesterday with the Cabinfesters at Brooklyn’s bar across from Mile High Stadium.
The place to be on Thanksgiving Eve! :drink:
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Does Orenthal post here?

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:07 amDoes Orenthal post here?
Or Lunchboxenthal?
"I see everything twice!"